C-Section "Pooch".... will it ever go away??

Options
2»

Replies

• sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I doubt the pooch is from the c-sect. More likely it's from pregnancy or weight gain.

Mine is absolutely from weight gain and pregnancies, but I think the conclusion is that after those muscles have been cut, can you ever really get it back?
  • dmbnj
    dmbnj Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    For me since I can pinch it, it's skin, not muscles. I had the pooch going from 180-140 before pregnancy. It did not increase in size after my c-sec. :(
  • maritimemom
    Options
    My pooch is definitely from the c-sections. I've had 2 and had I given birth vaginally, I wouldn't have the overhang where the scar is. It sucks that it will never completely go away but it's all worth it when I look at my 2 beautiful girls! :)
  • JackieLM
    JackieLM Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    The pooch is totally from the c-sections... there is a distinct line where the scar is and the pooch is over it. Mine is horrible. It seems to be the first place I gain weight when I do gain... but it tones fast once I get in a good grove of losing and eat REALLY clean. I am hoping that it will go away but after 4... yea 4, c-sections, I think my dream of having "jillian Michael" abs is not a possibility. would love to see anyone who may have "c-section pooch" before and after pics.... not pregnancy belly before and after... anyone that has ever had more than 2 c-section knows that the more you have, the worse the pooch gets. (if you were overweight before pregnancy).
  • Tebbspcad
    Tebbspcad Posts: 233
    Options
    The pooch sounds such a nice word for something i truely despise about myself, i've now had a natural birth & 2 c sections, I was a toned & healthy lady before my kids, i even had abs, now I'm about 149lbs with 9lbs to go to my current goal. I still have my pooch, don't get me wrong it shrinks when i lose weight but so does everywhere else too :( Surgery is the only way to go & i'm not prepared to do that considering what happened to me the last time I was there (trust me having surgery when the anaesthetic has worn off is no fun - hence the 'rush' to finish stitching me & the mess they left behind). So unfortunately i live with it but I will never love it or even consider it part of the journey we go through in having kids.
  • khbut
    khbut Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi,
    I've had two c sections with 13 year between them and the last section was 2years ago.
    I had a big fabby pouch for what felt like a long time,it was deffently getting on to a year but I now only have a gut due to the extra stone I still am carrying but i'm sure i didn't have such a big tummy at this weight as i did before 5years ago when i was this weight.
    I think if it is going to go down it will but it may take awhile,we all change in some way after having babies and the more we have the more we should expect to change. The problem is you are never going to know if a nother natural bith would of given you a pouch or not.
    I know plenty of women who haven't had a c section but have pouches and they are both tiny thin and over weight woman.
    If i have anymore children i'm expecting to get a pouch.
  • khbut
    khbut Posts: 10
    Options
    Oh yes i felt them stitching me up and should of said something but didn't....i really don't know why i didn't though.
  • emily_kenyon
    emily_kenyon Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi ive had one child mine is no where near as big as it was when i started on here but its still there. I dont mind as much tho because its not as big the only down side ive lost all this weight and cant wear a bikini but oh well im made up with the weight ive lost :)

7934927.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Jodi827
    Jodi827 Posts: 40
    Options
    3 c sections and the pooch is getting smaller, but I do not expect to have a flat tummy, 17 lbs lost and 25lbs to go. Tummy tuck anyone?

Maybe we can get a group discount?

Sign me up for the group discount.
  • NajahDaMuslimah
    Options
    I had a C-section (bikin cut) 19 years ago; and it's still there. One of my co workers had the same cut and lots over 60 lbs., and it sort of just hung as excess skin. She was considering surgery to have it removed, but she ended up gaining all the weight back and then some...
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post . I am 6 lbs from goal & I was going to revise it because I still have the pouch. My C-section was 16 yrs ago. It is much smaller but, I feel it will never go away completely. I guess Spanx purchases are still part of my future.
  • MommaSpunk
    MommaSpunk Posts: 113
    Options
    I have friends that you cant tell they even had a c-section scars are faded that much and no saggy skin....as for me you can still tell but in a few months Im sure I will post more on a topic like this.
  • RenCara
    RenCara Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I had three c-sections by age 30. I was heavier before my pregnancies but when I knew I was done having children, I decided to lose weight. I dropped 25 pounds and have kept it off for 10 years. Other than the scar from the c-sections, you cannot tell that I had one. My stomach has no pooch that I can see and seems relatively flat. I guess I am lucky.
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    mine hasn't and I've already lost 143 lbs with only 15 more to go. It has shrunk but still very there!!

This ^^^^^
    Since I had had a C-section (bikin cut) , what has been said thus far is so discouraging. :ohwell:
    Question if anyone has the answer, why do the doctors call it a bikini cut?
  • NajahDaMuslimah
    Options
    It's called a "bikini" cut; because it's on the bikini line.