would you ever not date someone because they are chubby?

Options

Replies

• TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    nope,......chubby,thick,....stocky......for me it's better than boney/skinyy....not my cup of tea.
  • Gremlinz
    Gremlinz Posts: 3,259 Member
    Options
    It's all about personality, attitude, and compatability!
  • trevpimp
    trevpimp Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Yez. I have an ex girlfriend that's chubby, shes not chubby now. Shes hot now actually haha
  • GeekyGoddess
    Options
    I place value on who a person is, not what they look like on the outside. That being said, even chubby dudes don't ask me out.
  • BrokenBarbiexoxo
    BrokenBarbiexoxo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    It depends what you find attractive, you obviously need to be physically attracted to someone as well as their personality, I like fit men with a bit of muscle so personally I wouldn't because I wouldn't find it attractive.
  • AshGetsFit1989
    Options
    I dated someone who was in shape then got kinda fat......It completly turned me off them. I am not fat so It frustrated me that they let themselves go. Luckly for me, my current and hopefully life partner is a mega fitness junkie! There is not a day where he does not work out, keeps me on my toes. I've lost weight being with him as his healthy lifestyle has influenced me greatly :-D
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    absolutely
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'll admit to being a bit of a "chubby chaser" I've dated one really big guy, few chubby people and very lean guys.. I"m currently fattening up my bf :P
  • msafunk
    msafunk Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I do think that having a physical attraction to someone plays a pretty major part in a relationship, however the things that make up that physical attraction aren't just skin-deep.

When I first met my boyfriend, he was a bit chubbier than I usually like my guys, but the way he carried himself and the way he cared about me was enough to make me crazy for his body. He's lost weight since we met, but that's because he went from a desk job to one on his feet.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Not That Alone!!! If she is pretty, intelligent, good personality and attitude, Spiritually and Emotionally sound. Guess what, ANYONE I date has to fill that bill...Not necessarily in that order, but every component has to be there. Foget a "slim" chick if she is UGLY...you can get rid of weight but UGLY is Forever!!! Stupid is NOT My thing so "air heads" are out and Mean chicks stink!
  • susiebear29
    Options
    depends if I found them attractive or not?!!!! attractiveness is way more complicated than being based solely on someones weight/body shape!! I have an ED so I understand what it's like to have issues with food, however I would struggle to spend alot of time with someone who wasn't active or didn't like exercise because it's such a big part of my life!! :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Im the chubby one in our relationship although I was skinny when I met him.. You couldnt put weight on my fella if you tried and believe me ive tried... He looks better with a little weight on him.
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Well the missus supposedly specifically picked me because i'm carrying a little timber. She associated being bigger with being able to look after her whilst at the same time being cuddly, i.e. 'gentle giant'.

What she doesn't realise is a few years before I met her I was lean and mean lol - so when I start getting closer to that point i'm gonna have to be careful she doesn't go off me hahaha!

Besides - is it just me, or do women _really_ like to feed up their men? lol!
  • 1Tim4v8
    Options
    No, I find chuby as being comfy, I love love love my husbands lean hard body for what it can do, but I would also love his body if it got soft and chuby, for its snugglebility
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I'll admit to being a bit of a "chubby chaser" I've dated one really big guy, few chubby people and very lean guys.. I"m currently fattening up my bf :P

Hey, how YOO doin?
  • NeonRainbow83
    NeonRainbow83 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'd only not date someone I don't get on with. Attraction is more than skin deep anyhow.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I'll admit, I prefer a guy with some meat on his bones, but too much and it's a real turn off! Saying that, it's me that's the one on the chunky side, though that didn't stop me dating before!!
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Chubby I'm fine with, but I would find someone very big a turn off. My preference is a more slender man though.
  • No but not because they are chubby....just because it is not what I am attracted too. But on the flip side I am on this site due to gaining 30lbs from my once fit frame. Because I wouldn't want to date someone who went from fit to chubby I don't expect anyone to wan to date me until I am back to my normal size. I know it works both ways and I wouldn't expect anyone to do something I wouldn't.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Well, I have dated chubbier men and thinner men. I found both attractive for different reasons. My husband is lean and fit though. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"... yes cliche, but still very true. It's all on what you find attractive. I liked bigger men because... well they were bigger than me usually (I was 304lbs at my heaviest in my late teens/early 20s). They could wrap their arms around me and it was like snuggling with a bear. LOL I am attracted to thinner/fit men also though. My husband can wrap his arms around me. He's not all bones. He's strong (he could lift me at a heavier weight... of course it's easier now that I have almost lost 100lbs since we met.. LOL). Honestly though, he's not everyone's ideal physically. I have had a friend ask me what I saw in him because he isn't the conventional definition of handsome I guess (which for the record is rude... do not tell your friends "your husband is ugly... what is wrong with you? because they might just say... "YOU are ugly... what is wrong with your husband??" LOL. It doesn't matter though. I think he's handsome. I like the way he looks and wouldn't change anything about him. :smile: