Options

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    3-4 a day when I'm lifting.
  • ms_leanne
    Options
    Last I checked teh cholesterol thing with eggs was rubbish. Not sure if that was a worldwide or UK study though.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I swear you can't listen to doctors these days...looks like I see more eggs in my future :)

Good man, most Doctors just parrot what they have been told in their brief 'nutrition' education.

And this is based on Bad Science and the desire to treat symptoms and sell drugs, not to address the underlying issues.

Take a statin to lower my cholesterol? I'd rather lick cyanide.

I've not had an egg today, I am feeling mighty guilty ... ;)

Doctors PRACTICE medicine. There are tons of studies going tons of different ways. Patients are overzealous to take pills instead of correcting the cause of the problem. There is a study saying genetics are the cause of obesity. Where did these genetics come from? 100 years ago the obesity rate wasnt what it is today... enough with the rant :blushing:
  • AMSC130
    AMSC130 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I eat them and I love them! English muffin with peanut butter and a hard boiled egg on the side. Keep s me full past lunch and my taste buds are happy!:love:
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    To the OP and anyone else that would like to read about how and why Saturated Fat and Cholesterol are not only healthy, but very much needed in moderate amounts for our bodies to function healthfully and properly.

http://www.spacedoc.com/saturated_fat_is_good_for_you_1 (3 parts)

http://www.whale.to/a/butter.html

Books to read:

http://www.ravnskov.nu/uffe.htm

http://www.amazon.com/Eat-Fat-Lose-Healthy-Alternative/dp/0452285666
  • asticoral
    Options
    Eggs: <3 'em

Just please be sure to buy ethically raised farmer type eggs to get the true benefit - the commercially farmed eggs are NOT the same.
    Since I'm on the fence about the cholesterol argument, I purposely include 1 or 2 items that are "known to" help reduce cholesterol in my daily diet when I eat "suspect" level food like red meats or eggs
    google mark's daily apple there is a very nice read about cholesterol available there
  • lmfsmiles
    lmfsmiles Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love hard boiled eggs. Have you tried Eggies? You can boil them and not have peel them. The other upside si that you can scramble an egg and add spinach pepper and all kinds of stuff to switch it up a bit.
  • AshleyLo_44
    AshleyLo_44 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I do but mainly only the egg whites
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    YES!
  • angels960
    angels960 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yes I eat one a day for breakfast they are very filling and yummy
  • lilsis10
    lilsis10 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I eat a heard boiled egg almost every day as a snack at the suggestion/encouragement of my cardiologist.
  • LarryPGH
    LarryPGH Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Yep -- my doctor recommended that my breakfast should be three hard-boiled eggs each morning, with the caveat that I throw out two of the yolks, since they're really little cholesterol bombs...)
  • Maxine00
    Options
    Hi, I have one every day for breakfast. Keeps me tied over til lunch. I notice when I don't have one - I get hungrier earlier!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I just figured out the nutrition in one egg and its actually very nutritious. For under 90 calories you get a satisfying snack and a good amount of protein(also low Carb)., It's relatively good once in a while- which is because of the high cholesterol in the yolk.

Naturally occuring cholesterol, commonly referred to dietary cholesterol is healthy... I have three eggs per day at least three times per week... and I have extremely clean CHO!!!
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    all day, every day, no problem!
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I like hard-boiled eggs, and will make them every now and then. I usally eat my eggs a different way most of the time though.
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi yea I have them at least once a week for breakfast or a late lunch, filling and no messing:smile:
  • traoldaker
    Options
    They also make a great 'bowl' for a light tuna or chicken salad of you take out the yolk (I don't like hard boiled yolk). No carbs needed then for bread or crackers!
  • tshields27
    tshields27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love hardboiled eggs, but once I boil them I only eat the white part
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! And deviled eggs are even better. ;)