FRIENDLY fast food

Options

Replies

• Elisabeth2506
    Options
    Subway chicken salad bowl - no cheese or sauce.

And if I'm out with friends and really can't resist the pizza shop, I opt for a chicken doner in pitta with no sauce.
  • Elisabeth2506
    Options
    Subway needs to start offering lettuce leaves instead of bread. I'd totally order a 6 inch turkey on lettuce.

That would be amazing!

I find the bread just crumbles anyway :/
  • ms_leanne
    Options
    For anyone else in the UK I find that chicken kebab with salad and no sauce is a winner. I must admit I don't do dry food so I have some chilli sauce and a small is still very satisfying without all the salad.

McD's, KFC and BK all have nutrition info online but it's painful.

Dominoes and Pizza Hut I try to avoid at all cost. Pizza Hut don't do their lower cal stuff on takeaway menus, only eat-in.

:o(
  • lhensel
    Options
    When I am on the road I usually get a salad from McDonalds. I was a manager of one for 2 years so I have figured out what is healthy to eat there. The only thing you have to look out for is the dressing...I would go for the low fat balsalmic vinagarette dressing. And the healthiest salad they have is the grilled chicken caesar salad with that low fat dressing. If you get the caesar dressing or the ranch dressing it makes the salad more than two times worse for you! And leave off the crutons! :)
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Wendy's chili. A small

sAmount Per Serving
    Calories 220

Total Fat 6.0g
    Saturated Fat 2.5g
    Cholesterol 35mg
    Sodium 780mg
    Total Carbohydrates 23.0g
    Dietary Fiber 5.0g
    Sugars 6.0g
    Protein 17.0g

It has low calories and high protein. Cant go wrong. Even a large would be filling.
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with the person who said to just get something to get you buy, don't expect to eat until you are full. I get stuck with concession stands at ball games a lot. Popcorn or beef jerkey, there.

That being said, go to McDonalds or Subway. At MCD's Fruit n Yogurt Parfait for 110 Cals as a snack, or Fruit and Oatmeal as a meal for 290. Drink lots of water. Apple Dippers have 35 cals, even a kiddie ice cream cone only has 45 cals.

Stay away from anything fried, pizza places and convenience stores. Nothing but trouble and temptation there.
  • ashdred
    ashdred Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize so many places have 'haivng it my way' :glasses: type of calculators.

And as far as salads not always being the best option...i just learned that looking up US Wendys :noway:
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    If you have a Noodles and Company near by, I would recommend, The Med Flatbread sandwich.
    330 Calories
    10 grams fat
    20 grams protein

Flat bread with a mayo sauce, grilled chicken, red peppers, onions, mushrooms, cilantro and feta cheese (I do mine with out the feta-don't like it) It is awesome!

I'm addicted to the chinese chopped salad with chicken. Its 370 calories for a regular and 110 more if you add grilled chicken. The small is 190 calories. I also agree with the chipotle burrito bowl. I love them and load up on the medium salsa :) yum!!!
  • lshoumaker
    Options
    I understand the on-the-go thing. Here are some of the places that are good fall-backs:

McDonald's (since it's practically at every corner):
    - Grilled chicken classic sandwich = 350cals
    -grilled ranch snack wrap = 270cals
    - 4 pc. (190cals) or 6 pc. (280cals) chicken nugget
    - small fries = 230
    - reg. hamgurger = 250
    - reg. cheeseburger = 300

Chickfila has wonderful options!
    - Chargrilled chicken sandwich = 290
    - 8 Grilled nuggets (they will do grilled nuggets!) and buffalo sauce is only 10 cals/container! = 150cals
    - 6 pc. nugget kids meal (this meal is really quite filling) = 300cals for fries, 200cals for nuggets = 500cal meal!
    - 8 count reg. nuggets = 260

Taco Bell, for sure
    - Fresco soft taco = 180cals
    - Fresco crunchy taco or Fresco grilled steak soft taco = 150cals
    - Reg soft taco = 200cals
    - Reg crunchy taco = 170cals
    - bean burrito = 370cals

Jack-in-the-box
    - grilled chicken fajita pita = 320cals
    - 2 tacos = 390cals
    - side salad = 20cals

Burger King
    - Whopper Jr. w/cheese but without mayo = 300cals
    - value size onion rings = 150cals

** And pretty much every one of these places has healthy sides to choose from such as fruit, yogurt parfaits, side salads, light dressings, etc.

http://www.exercise4weightloss.com/weight-watchers-points.html

The website above lists TONS of restaurants. It's a complete nutritional breakdown of everything listed on the menu, so check that out too!

Hope that helps a little!!

:)
    ~ LB
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    McDonald's Salads

Taco Bell Fresca Options

Moe's
  • jamacattack
    jamacattack Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yesterday we had KFC for lunch... I had 2 grilled chicken legs and mashed potatoes with no gravy. I think it was like 270 calories. I know it isn't the healthiest, but I got by and didn't go over on calories.
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    Chipotle is terrible, and I think South Park did the best explanation of that. Subway...if I want a sandwich made with pre-packaged meat I'll go to the store and pick up some tasty meats, and a good bread.

When I go out to eat I don't really think about the calories. I don't eat out often (anymore), so I think of it as my treat for eating right so much. Willy's is my go to place on the weekend, and it blows Chipotle out of the water. :D

LOL Yes that South Park is one of the reasons why I've never been intertested in Chipotle
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Small Wendy's chili and a plain baked potato (sour cream if you like - I think theirs is reduced-calorie). Dump chili over potato, or don't, but skip the crackers. Eat. Smile. (toot.) It clocks in at about 520 calories for a very filling meal. Impossible to eat in the car, though, if you're in a big hurry or on a long trip.

http://www.wendys.com/food/nutritious-options.jsp

http://www.wendys.com/food/NutritionLanding.jsp

I don't work for them or anything, and they don't pay me - I do have a friend online who works for them, but he just taunts me with how good their breakfast is, and we don't have breakfast at our Wendy's. :grumble: But it's probably for the best, anyway! I just choose them when I have to scurry for a meal or just want something I don't have to fix myself, because it's easy to find a gluten-free and nutritious option in a drive-thru without a lot of hassle or having to make special requests.

I also do Jimmy John's unwiches sometimes, but their calories can still pile up pretty quickly even without the bread. The nice thing is they deliver.
  • LilRock25
    LilRock25 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Subway is always a good choice.
    Panera has their calories listed on the menu.
    Wendy's has tons of good options.
    McD's has gotten some salads that are pretty good.
    Taco Bell has the fresco menu that isn't bad.
    You could always get a kids meal with apple slices instead of fries.

I don't know the calories for any of these but most fast food places have some type of handout they can give you to look at or the calories posted somewhere.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    sudway or chipotle!!!!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Has anyone actually EATEN the pre-cut bags of apples or pre-cooked hard boiled eggs from a convenience store? Bloddy disgusting!

You can literally taste the preservative in the apples that keeps them from browning, I think it tastes like hair spray.. The eggs... oh god, cannot even think about it.
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    My go to is usually Ultimate Grileld Chicken plain from Wendy's, I'm sure the sodium sucks, but at least its lower in cals and fat.
  • Sirxx99
    Options
    In all honesty there is health(IER) options now at all fast food restraunts and most display nutritional values or have a guide there. Most of the time its just "hidden" by all the better tasting food. I mean without thinking I would take a burger to a salad 10 out of 10 times.

Look over the menus. I am in the Northwest so we have
    TACO TIME which has a TON of healthy options and even Light versions of your favorites.
    WENDYS has good Chili too,
    PANERA BREAD I heard has a wide variety of healthy opts,
    MCDONALDS has 260- to 270-calorie Snack Wraps,
    TACO DELMAR has 300 cal range burritos if your not carb concious
    SUBWAY
    JACK IN THE CRACK
    BURGER KING
    The list can go on... But im sure you get the Idea
  • Subway Salads, McDonalds SW grilled chicken salads no dressing, Panda Express string bean chicken or broccoli beef that is all I can think of for now.
  • MrsHarris6
    MrsHarris6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I work right beside the mall so there aren't many GREAT options, but I make the best of it. Here's what I do:

1. Popeye's naked strips (3) for about 150/250 calories and a side of mashed potatoes with no gravy
    2. McDonalds, Southwest salad with no dressing or 4pce nugget with a fruit and yogurt