What's YOUR NSV for today?

Options

Replies

• MetamorphosisMe
    MetamorphosisMe Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Toady I was able to easily slip on my wedding band again after 2 1/2 yrs without it feeling uncomfortable :love:
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I passed on the FREE fast food sandwiches at the office today.

Smelling them was brutal though. :tongue:
  • WendyKing1974
    WendyKing1974 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I didn't have to pay extra for a larger size t-shirt when I ordered school shirts from my daughter's school today. That's a first for me! I've always had to pay the extra for the larger size. :)
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    i always check myself out in the mirror at work since it's huge and full length as opposed to my tiny bathroom mirror at home.

checking out my butt/thighs today, i noticed they look GREAT! my butt has always been pretty good, but the 30DS is really giving it a va va voom look now! woohoo!

also slight thigh gap =) haven't had that since HS.

scale hasn't moved in a while though but whatever NSV for the win!
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing smaller scrubs (I work in a medical office) and people are telling me how "slim" I'm looking! :bigsmile:
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    This isn't so much 'today' but more something I've noticed over a period of time.
    I've been traveling a lot (Savannah, Jacksonville, DC in the last month, Seattle next week, Sacramento in October)
    MY BUTT HURTS!
    Seriously, sitting on a plane or in a car for more than an hour, and my butt is so sore! That's a totally new experience for me!
  • Time2LightenUp
    Options
    My nonscalevictory was actually lastnight. My 17 yr old daughter got he results of a biopsy that was taken on her back. It wasn't exactly good news. She has cancer and it has involved one lymphnode.
    The prognosis is good, but she will have to be a lab rat for a while. Poor kid...just starting her senior year in highschool....

BUT... to deal with this blow (which is on the tail strings of my breast cancer, and deaths of a few friends and their children) ALL I WANTED was a LARGE philly steak pizza from dominos........A tub of icecream and some candy! and chips of course......

I instead went to the fridge, got two eggs and the bread and made a breakfast for dinner.... eggs on toast...it filled me up, and didn't add a TON of calories to my day. I was still short 500+/- calories....

we still need to deal with the cancer issue, but I won't deal with it with food..........

My heart goes out to you in this diffcult time. Way to win the fight with breast cancer you are obviously a fighter and your daughter will be to. You and your family are in my prayers. :heart:
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine noticed I looked skinnier last night! So I told her about MFP :)
  • mandersatx
    Options
    My scale isn't budging right now, so I took my measurements. I'm down a total of 4 inches - an inch in each my waist and hips, the rest small scattered victories. YAY! I'd rather lose inches than numbers on the scale anyday!
  • brunette_gurl_66
    brunette_gurl_66 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My NSV .. I can successfully jog to a song on a CD !! WOO HOO for me .. (and I hate to run).
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I could actually see it when I peed!

This cracked me up!! Yay for "little" victories! :laugh: Just messin with you.

Mine for today is that I actually went out and rode my bike and burned some calories & fat...I've had a tough week and haven't felt like working out at all...I've been eating really good though despite my sadness.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Calvin Klein Size 9 skinny jeans!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    17 push-ups x 2

Wait...
    With my feet on the edge of the table.
  • anneliseq
    anneliseq Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My NSV for today is still going to the gym early this morning even though I really, REALLY didn't want to. Also putting on a dress that is usually skin tight and having it sit a little looser :)
  • jonibc
    jonibc Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 8 lbs so far (50 to go) but I had 2 NSVs today. I have a blazer that I've been wearing into work and doing the Mr. Rogers thing, shedding the tight jacket and changing into a stretchy comfy sweater as soon as I got there. Today the jacket was so comfortable I didn't even think to take it off. My other NSV was passing up ice cream cake in the break room. I actually think I've broken my sugar addiction. I love MFP. I've only been on this plan for 4 weeks and I intend to stay on it for life.:happy:
  • rf169606
    rf169606 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Today I had a very exciting NSV!! I fit comfortably into a pair of shorts that wouldn't even button two months ago! No muffin top or anything :)!! This is the first time I've felt this good in a very very long time!
  • pamperedpenguin
    pamperedpenguin Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Walk for 1 hour. A true NSV as the scale is not budging!
  • wheresheidi
    Options
    Got back into my size 28 jeans today & they fit comfortably. AWESOME! :bigsmile:
  • wheresheidi
    Options
    I could actually see it when I peed!

LOL :laugh:
  • lepow
    lepow Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I hate my pants today! I've only got one size 12 and two size 14s. It's laundry day, and I have to wear a 16, and I hate them falling down all the time and looking all baggy and slouchy. I used to LOVE these jeans! Now, they just feel like a tent. Hooray for new clothes!