Replies

• RCS17
    RCS17 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Weight training.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I like climbing stairs and I have a love/hate relationship with strength training.
  • RumRum85
    RumRum85 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Running / Jogging and walking on the days between runs to recover and clean my mind :)
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Lifting, kickboxing and stretching!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    There are not enough strength training in the lists for women.

You need a minimum of 3 days a week, just a simple resistance routine.

I recently had my DXA scan done to check my bone density. The technician was amazed that at 51.5 years of age my bone density is that of a super athletic 30 year old, and my visceral fat was .06 (basically 0, the lowest she had ever seen). Now if is not scientific evidence that lifting keeps you younger I don't know what is. No osteoporosis in my future.

Women need to lift.

AMEN and that's awesome! I recently started lifting and I've seen the light! LOVE it!
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I really despise running, but that's cause I suck at it. :/ I'm working up to that point, so until then I'm doing a lot of speedwalking, interspersed with 1-2 min stretches of jogging.
  • historygirldd
    historygirldd Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I love hiking, but it is not convenient to go on a long hike everyday. I am doing Insanity and like it a lot.
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Swimming and walking.
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    My favorite is walking. I walk EVERYWHERE mostly because I don't drive (by choice). Walking is great exercise and helps me think and clear my head and if I'm angry I can just walk faster. I'm still looking for other forms exercise to do since winter here.. means ice and ice + walking= catastrophe.
  • springseternal
    springseternal Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a mini-trampoline and I think I'm in love.

I also am really starting to like resistance bands.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I do love strength training, but I also enjoy getting out and blasting out some sprints....
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My favorite workout is by far step aerobics. I find it positively exhilarating!

I do strength training as well because I know it's good for me, but you asked what's the favorite!
  • amycb03
    amycb03 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Weight training, Zumba, Boxing- Boxing being my favorite right now!

This past year I have fallen in and out of love with Spinning, Yoga, TRX, and BodyPump, too.. I tend to add in some jogging, lots of walking and bike riding on any given day but I don't consider these my main source of fitness each week.
  • Go1096
    Go1096 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Oops...am I about to get into trouble by saying walking and running burn about the same? LOL didn't mean to. I am not going to argue with anyone on this.

My co worker was telling me the same thing the other day. She had gone to school to become a nutritionist and trainer and was
    surprised that it is about the same. The only reason it seems to be more because of the speed. Speed equals longer distance and shorter time. but other than that it's the same...I was surprised by that statement!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Riding my bike on the paved bike paths along the paved Los Angeles area rivers.

I used to walk at local parks, and it was definitely working, but I thought it was really, really boring.

I love riding the bike. I even bough a used beater station wagon...I put my bike in the back, and it's ready to go whenever the mood hits me.
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    Dancing
    Walking. I try to take a walk every night. It really helps clear my mind after a busy day. :)
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Sparring. Punching and kicking the hell out of People is fun and a killer workout.