Is there anything you NEVER track?

Options

Replies

• pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Supplements. I always forget.

Supplements? Like calcium tablets? I take 6 throughout the day not to mention the other pills I take (perscription and supplements). I can't believe they would be worth anything! :huh:
  • lovelore1
    lovelore1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    LOL - I'm like you -- I track everything. I KNOW I'm anal, but I love the results I'm seeing from keeping a food and exercise journal. Its just become part of my daily routine. :-)
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one that doesn't track spices! I also forget to track water... I lose count of how many cups I've had throughout the day...
  • happypath101
    Options
    I don't track water. I have no trouble drinking 8 glasses every day. I don't track coffee or tea either - just what I put in there if I do.

I don't track the gum I chew either. I figure I burn that chewing, or running up and down stairs running errands or whatever.

(However, if I grab a handful of goldfish crackers from my son's box or eat a few fries off his plate, I'll log that.)
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Like many others I do not track my herbs or seasonings. I try to be faithful by logging everything else though. I have picked broccoli off my daughter's plate when she is done and logged it..lol
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Coffee, tea, water, gum, spices or vitamins. Even if they do have calories, they're nominal.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I don't track walking to work (it's less than 10 mins). And water.
  • checof
    checof Posts: 114
    Options
    I NEVER track the 1,000 IU of Vitamin D I take daily, or the sugar free gum I chew. I also don't track my walk to work and back, or my walk to my gym and back, which would total about 40 minutes per day. It's not really working out, so I don't count it as such. *shrugs*
  • lolly2721
    lolly2721 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I don't track my iced tea, water or green tea. I drink a ton of liquids and don't put any sweeteners in them. I just figure that if I am using the restroom enough then I am drinking enough :)
  • scheatwood
    scheatwood Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I dont track my spices, seasonings or sprays. I cant log how much I walk at work either, it's a constant up, down, here, there.
  • Aventuria
    Options
    I don't track water, spices and herbs, or one tablespoon of vinegar and such.

Though I started tracking parsley and thyme just to keep track of my iron intake.

:wink:
  • LuxHappens
    LuxHappens Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I don't only track my food for the caloric intake. I want to know if I'm getting all of the right nutrients, making good choices long-term, getting the right amounts of fruits and vegetables, etc.

I think it's important to understand that just because you meet or fall below your calorie goal for the day, doesn't mean you did well or are going to be any more healthy for it.

WHAT you are eating matters.

and PS - yes, I track EVERYTHING, down to spices, butter/oils, every little nit-picking thing! I'm eating it, it counts!
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I don't bother with spices. That's about it.
  • owndbycatz
    owndbycatz Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Plain rice vinegar - I use it on my salads.
  • GeekyGoddess
    Options
    *wonders if seman is in the database*

I don't track spices, like others have said, not really worth it. I don't track my water intake because it's embarrassingly low. Everything else is entered though, even fruits and veggies.
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I dont log my water,cos i have a big water bottle that i just fill up whenever it gets low. I know i drink a lot, i just See no point in trying to keep track of it. Foodwise tho, if it has calories, i track it, cept for like a slice of onion or something.. Or if i eat two black olives, i wont track that, but three or more and i'll track, cos i know theyre not calorie-less... I'd say i log 98 percent of what i eat. And i log even when i have. 'bad day' eating-wise, even if ive gone way over and/or eaten a pint of ice cream and half a can of whipped cream. Gotta be honest with myself.
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I dont track all my exercise... 5mins of jumping jacks barely counts as more than stretching so why bother logging it
  • CatholicUK
    CatholicUK Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I don't track my coffee. I do put milk in it, a spot of skimmed milk so the amount of calories are what, no more than 3! 3 calories is never going to be my be all and end all. And I don't log calorie free drinks either, with the exception of soda, which I log just for personal reference if I'm feeling bloated, ahh that might be why, etc.
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I don't track my sugar free gum! Strange obsession that if I am at the gym, I HAVE to be chewing gum.

I do log my morning coffee, although I only drink it black with stevia and I do log my sugar free drinks, which I keep to a minimum.

Maybe I feel a little guiltier about the gum?!
  • AlyssaNorth
    AlyssaNorth Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i dont track olive oil. i put it in everything almost...that is what we cook with instead of butter or grease. there is about 116 cals in 1 tbsp...if i tracked it...i would be over EVERYDAY! it doesnt mess with my loss tho.