A "no processed food" diet?

Options
13»

Replies

• ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    "Clean" is the term often used. I eat pretty "clean" the only heads up I'd give is that sodium gets pretty low, I had to alter my diet a little to make sure I was getting enough, however, eating deli meat should manage that for you.
  • dsrszs
    dsrszs Posts: 14
    Options
    Food manufacturers now hide M.S.G. (monosodium glutamate) under about 200 or more different names in foods.

Since I have a very severe reaction to this chemical, I gave up processed foods gradually as manufacturers starting putting more and more in their foods and hiding it better. They now pump it in some solutions added to raw meat also.

I finally gave up the struggle of trying to identify it on food labels.

If it comes straight off the farm I can eat it. If it comes out of a manufacturing plant, I pretty much pass.

I have been doing this for 30 plus years now. It isn't that hard when you know you feel good if you eat "real" food and you feel bad if you eat "manufactured" food.

The secret is always having good food prepared and available and not bringing home "junk" food.

I wash fruits and vegetables as I unpack them from the grocery store. That way they are always ready to grab and use.

I always have roasted vegetables in the fridge. I can make a roasted vegetable salad in seconds when I am really hungry.

I keep roasted pistachios around when I need instant protein. (Any nut will do.)

Good luck.
  • aekaya
    aekaya Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    It's a great idea! Believe me, you have nothing to lose. If you want to save time and don't mind spending a little extra, then just buy all your veggies and salads pre-chopped and pre-washed. You'll be getting a lot more nutrition for a lot less calories. Good luck!
  • vernessie
    Options
    Thank you for posting the link to website 100 Days to Real Food! Awesome information and I know this will be the key to help me loss weight and most important to get healthy for life.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    If you can commit then sure!

I would fail, binge, and be sad that I cut out foods that I love for no huge benefit
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Why not? I eat about 80% "no processed" food. My diet's fairly clean and I feel great, lots of energy. Plus, I feel good about what I'm nourishing my body with which is not junk food. I made small changes at first as going full-throttle seemed overwhelming. Hope that helps. Good luck.