Replies

• lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I drive an 1hr one way
  • runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    2 hours 20 minutes door to door one way ... most of it is with the train.
  • Jac118
    Options
    1.6 mile WALK :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    20-25 minutes depending on what time of day I go. On the way home at night, I can get home in exactly 20 minutes. Usually if I leave my place at 7:30, I can get to work at about 7:55 if I'm lucky and people are driving THE SPEED LIMIT on the highway... during the day, it goes a little quicker.
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    It depends on which job I am going to that night. My primary FT job is a 45 minute one way drive. My secondary PT job is 5 minutes from my house.
  • domsmoms
    domsmoms Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    10 miles - about 20 minutes, sometimes 15 if traffic is really cooperative.

We were thinking about moving across the bay, which would require a train ride of around 45 minutes, plus time to and from the station. Housing is way cheaper over there and we're dying for a yard. But I really question whether a yard is worth 2 hours commuting each day, as opposed to 40 minutes.
  • smileycookie
    smileycookie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    90 miles. 2.5 hours on good days. It has taken me 4 hours one way before. I work from home 3 days a week and go into the office 2 days a week.
  • kekagel
    kekagel Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    However long it takes me to stumble to my computer.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Takes me about 7 minutes from my door to the punch in clock.. and i walk xD
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    A five minute walk...10 in the winter :P.
  • camelothosting
    camelothosting Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My commute is a killer,
    23 Ft that takes me from Bed to Dresser to Bath and then into my office
  • mmeddleton
    mmeddleton Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    On my current project, about 25 feet, but I get great milage, so it's cool. Most projects require me to fly weekly up to Minneapolis (usually in the winter), Phoenix (usually in the summer) or Hartford, CT.
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    21 miles, I drive.. it takes me 40 friggen minutes when traffic is ...normal, today it took 90 minutes! yes I drive on the freeway most of the way... at a whopping average of 6 miles per hour! Thank God it wasn't raining!! (I'm trying to get a bar implemented at work for commuting relief) ... They're not buying it so far
  • ericaknight95
    ericaknight95 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    2.5 miles to school, and if I'm late (which I always am) It takes 4-5 minutes to get there. If for some miraculous reason I'm not late, it takes 7-8.
    Work is about 8 miles, and takes about 20-25 minutes to get there, unless I'm late which happens far less often than running late for school, I can get there in about 15.
  • DietandVlogsense
    DietandVlogsense Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    about 10 seconds and 1 flight of stairs. I have an office in my attic so no commute most days!
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    Approximately 7 miles, three stop lights that are always red. Takes about 20 minutes. Ride (motorcycle) takes me along a rural road past a lavender farm (smells nice some times) and past a fabulous view across the island, The Solent and on to the mainland.
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    25 miles each way takes approx 1h 25m. Straight through the heart of the Brecon Beacons National Park so no heavy traffic but i do get to climb approx 800m, which is nice :laugh: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/203080635

The scenery is spectacular (when it's not raining) but because it is rural i am very nervous to commute in the dark mornings/nights so plan to drive it September > April and commute as much as possible April > September.
  • carriempls
    carriempls Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I love how the question asks about distance but so many answers are in units of time. :)

For me - about 2.5 miles. Takes 15-ish minutes on the bus, 20-ish if I bike.
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    2.6 miles. I can bike it in about 15 min or less and drive it in under 10 minutes. I used to have an hour plus commute that went through Providence, RI and hated every minute of it.
  • abc2003family
    abc2003family Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    48 miles. Usually one hour each way. I think the longest it has ever taken me is three hours during a snow storm.
    I call it my "tunes time" I can put on my favorites and sing as loud as I want to! :) Yes... I am THAT person! LOL