Where were you born and raised?

Options

Replies

• minisumo
    minisumo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Born in Taunton (UK), raised in Taunton, Doncaster, Norwich, High Wycombe, Taif (Saudi Arabia), Bath and finally Abu Dhabi (UAE) while going to boarding school in Cardiff. Lived in St Albans while at uni, and have also lived in London. Currently in Dubai (UAE) - been here over 18 years, by far the longest I've ever lived in one place!

Much to my shame, I only speak English (unless you count the little I can remember of my school French, German and, er, Latin!).
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I'm from northern Michigan. If you look at it, Michigan looks a lot like a mitten. I live near the tip of the middle finger. :laugh:
    English is my only language.

Hi neighbor! I'm living just below the pinky in Grand Rapids, MI (if you are looking at your palm)! Was born in Detroit and raised in GR. Speak English (with the Michigan accent), some New Jersey (accent and their own special words, Mom was born & raised there), sarcasam (also learned from Mom) and that particular language that all mothers speak.
  • NanaBeana
    Options
    I was born in Alaska on Kodiak Island. At 15 months old I moved with my family to Massachusetts. Then at 5 years of age we moved to Minnesota and that's where I have stayed.
  • lundii
    lundii Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in Germany. Still living here.
    Native language: German.

I learned English at school and practiced it in... MMORPGs. I have been GM of my game on a US server.
    At school I also learned French, Italian and Latin. But I don't remember much of those languages.
  • MotorCityFemmeFatale
    Options
    I'm from northern Michigan. If you look at it, Michigan looks a lot like a mitten. I live near the tip of the middle finger. :laugh:
    English is my only language.

Hi neighbor! I'm living just below the pinky in Grand Rapids, MI (if you are looking at your palm)! Was born in Detroit and raised in GR. Speak English (with the Michigan accent), some New Jersey (accent and their own special words, Mom was born & raised there), sarcasam (also learned from Mom) and that particular language that all mothers speak.

This still cracks me up! When I first moved here, everyone would raise their hand and point to various parts of it to show a town. I was like, "what the heck are you doing!" :huh: :laugh:
  • katescurios
    katescurios Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Leicester in the East Midlands England
  • ifie
    ifie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in Benin/Delta region of Nigeria. Living in the Houston, Texas area for over 25yrs. Native language Ibo, fluent in English.
  • Gentlejazz2012
    Options
    Born in Little Rock, Arkansas but raised in Houston, Texas.
  • nathan6878
    nathan6878 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Minneapolis, MN
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in Mexico but live in Texas, native lenguage is Spanish. ; )
  • itsDorian7
    itsDorian7 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in The Bronx
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Auxvasse, MO USA
  • nabak147112
    nabak147112 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in Webster City, Iowa. Lived there all my life all but 9 months in 2005 and then I lived in Jefferson,Iowa
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    born, Nashville, TN
    raised, Memphis, TN
  • brunette_gurl_66
    brunette_gurl_66 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Born in PuertoRico
    Raised in Meriden,CT

BORICUA .. wepa! ;)
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Redmond, Washington.

I think part of me is wired from Microsoft...hahah
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in West Palm Beach, FL.
    I did a little world travel while in the Army and now I am back in Palm Beach County.
  • bella24xo
    bella24xo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    born and raised on Long Island, NY...im a beach baby and have been all my life...i suppose that is what happens when you live on an island :)
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in the great state of Texas...Morning ya'll!
  • tnhorrach
    Options
    Born and raised in LA...LOWER ALABAMA! Spent 9 years in Auburn, AL (War Eagle!) and now live in Georgia...but only 4 miles from the Alabama state line...

I speak English, a little Spanish (married into a Puerto Rican family), and I'm fluent in Country!