Lipstick & Mascara

Options

Replies

• bleacheblonde
    Options
    I have yet to find to the perfect lipstick, but my favorite mascara is Maybelleine Full N' Soft waterproof in very black. It's AWESOME. No clumps at all, and if I curl my lashes and then use it, it almost looks like I'm wearing fake eyelashes. But lilpstick...sigh. I'm still looking. I do like lipstick as long as I'm not going to be eating or drinking anything. Which is never.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I only wear mascara so I'll chime in on those....

If I want big volume lashes - covergirl lashblast WATERPROOF. It makes a difference in that brand... the normal has a weird texture....

If you want long lashes, I love the maybelline lash stilleto.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I don't wear too much lipstick so I can't recommend that, but Bobbi Brown Extreme Party Mascara is where it's at. I love that stuff (and pretty much anything by Bobbi Brown). :)
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I'd say go for a lip stain, Tarte has a good one. Not that it is going to last all day through eating & such though but stains do last quite a while. Also, I haven't tried it but I hear good things about OCC's lip tars.

Mascara: anything from Lancome & Mac
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    I love my christian dior, diorshow mascara, something alil cheaper is maybeline lash stiletto. i dont really wear lipstick more gloss
  • claricecollins
    Options
    A) For lipstick I use Lancome Rouge in Love. I've tried everything, and they all come off on my teeth (So when you perform in front of a large crowd, it is the most humiliating experiencing). But Rouge in Love is the best. It's so smooth, goes on easily, last a long time, and it has great colour and pigmentation. And you have a lot to choose from colour wise.
    B) Mascara is my favourite thing - I use any Lancome. Right now I'm really into Lancome Hypnose Drama. It gives you a natural fullness and no need to curl your lashes because it does that too. Lancome has a great lip and eye line.
    C) The ones that claim to speed up metabolism tend to make me feel sick and I end up vomiting. But what I do know is green tea does help metabolism and so just find a normal packet of green tea or flavored green tea with the added stuff and your water will be lovely.
    D) Slow jog will burn more carbs than a fast walk but less fat. So if you are worried about your knees, do the fast walk, it'll be around the same caloric burn, but you can go for longer and not worry about injury!
  • starfish1783
    Options
    For the water question: I use Mio to flavor my water. There's so many flavors, it has no calories, and you can put in as little or as much as you want to suit your taste. I drink 1 glass of plain water for every flavored glass I drink. Very yummy though! :happy:
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    most matte lipsticks are pretty long wearing. ANY lipstick will last longer if you blot and powder it.

You can do this to make it last longer

- start by moisturizing your lips, but blot all of the excess moisture before beginning with the application
    - find a lip liner that's a close match to your lipstick. line your lips and fill in your lips with the lip liner, then blot with a single layer of tissue
    - apply thin layers of lipstick, and in between every layer blot with a layer of tissue. build up until you reach the color you want
    - at the very end you can blot again and apply a dusting of transparent face powder which will help make it last.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Lipstick- Covergirl and another brand make a lipstain that comes with a separate gloss. Works very well.

Mascara- When you find out, let me know. My only suggestion would be waterproof

Drink mixes- I drink Crystal light with my lunch.. At home, I squeeze lemon/lime juice into my water.

Calorie burning- It's the amount of time/energy you invest that makes the difference. If you walk for 4 miles you burn more calories than running 4 miles, because it takes you longer. If you walk for an hour you burn less than running for an hour because the time is the same but your exerting less effort.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    mascara - eyeko -
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Diorshow is by far the best mascara I've found! For working out I use Avon Wash Off Waterproof mascara as it's not an ordeal to take it off. Maybelline Superstay 24 Color is a very very long lasting lip color. It does not come off for hours, so pick a color you like and be careful applying it! I normally just wear lip gloss or chapstick.

http://www.maybelline.com/Products/Lip-Makeup/Lip-Color/Superstay-24-Color.aspx
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I don't have much to add except that my uncle used to absolutely despise plain water. However, he knew it was good for him and that processed sugars, etc., in the flavorings weren't as good so he forced himself to just drink the water. Eventually, and I'm not sure how long this took, he started to enjoy drinking plain water and now that's all he drinks, he rarely has soda.
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I don't wear Mascara but I swear by Covergirl Continuous Wear Lipstick that stays on all day and you don't have to worry about it getting on your teeth.
  • vqnerdballs
    Options
    If you're willing to spend a little extra for something quality, I really like Stila's lip stain. It's very matte but if you're looking for a bright color that you don't have to worry about, then it's great. I've eaten and drank with it on and it didn't wear off.

Revlon's lipsticks also stay on pretty well considering their price. They're very pigmented, too, so the colors will show. Out of all the drug store brands I've tried, I like them the best.

For something that doesn't clump, waterproof is your best bet. Too Faced is one of my favorite makeup lines and their mascara is great for that. I also really love Loreal's telescopic mascara too -- not waterproof, but the thin applicator works really well for me.
  • michelleindeed
    michelleindeed Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    For mascara, I like Maybelline Lash Stiletto or Colossal Volum' Express. For the latter, I like the glam black or brown over the classic black or brown.
    I have Waterproof Falsies which I like but I rarely wear waterproof mascara.

I don't wear lipstick, just lip balm or gloss.
  • WhatDoesLisa
    Options
    Mascara- Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion-Waterproof
    Lipgloss- Laura Mercier Bare Biege. It is the perfect J.Lo nude gloss. I really don't like lipstick.
  • EvaB93
    EvaB93 Posts: 101
    Options
    Not to sure about lipsticks, i don't wear them much. But for mascara, I used "Rimmel London Max Bold Curves" ITS AMAZING. It keeps your eyelashes looking big ALL day, it doesn't clump, or smudge ! And you can buy at at the drug store or walmart ! I wouldn't recommend using water proof mascaras, as they break your eyelashes if you use them repeatedly every day.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Maybelline Superstay 24 colour - the 'gloss' isn't sticky so your hair doesn't get glued to your face in a stiff breeze, but the colour stays true through eating, drinking etc.
    Estee Lauder Double Wear zero smudge lengthening mascara - doesn't smudge or run even when you're walking in rain, but is removed easily with warm water - not sure if it stands up to swimming though...
    I don't know about the other things :laugh:
  • _Ivian
    _Ivian Posts: 198
    Options
    I got the falsies put in and don't wear mascara anymore but before my go-to was Shocking by YSL ♥

I'm a lipstick *kitten*! I usually do nudes, reds and browns. Sometimes I'll get funky and throw in an odd color like orange or blue. MAC has great reds, YSL goes on smooth and never comes off and NARS is a staple in my make-up case.

As for the flavor packets, I don't normally use them. When I want flavored water, I'll throw in some strawberries/orange slices/lemon wedges into my water pitcher in the fridge.

As for the cardio, who cares as long as you're doing something! In my opinion, some days will be walking days, some days will be jogging days, and some days will be full throttle running days! Either way, I'm sure your body appreciates it! :smile:
  • nikkiw283
    Options
    Bare Minerals flawless definition refuses to clump and stays on all day, no problem. As far as lipstick goes, I love all things MAC. I second the previous poster that it is all in the application.