Soooo? Whatcha Reading???

Options

Replies

• crw72209
    crw72209 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Currently reading 50 Shades of Grey (meh) and Fallen by Lauren Kate. :)

I'm not overly impressed with 50 Shades myself but my friends were like "YOU HAVE TO READ IT".
    I don't see anything crazy or outrageous in them....but maybe I'm a perv.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Just finish Harry Potter Chamber of Secrets.....now it's onto Prisoner of Azkaban. I thought the HP books would be a fun fall and winter read:smile:
  • Kristin_Burleigh
    Options
    Just finish Harry Potter Chamber of Secrets.....now it's onto Prisoner of Azkaban. I thought the HP books would be a fun fall and winter read:smile:

I <3 HP!!

@crw72209 - I don't see anything outrageous either. And honestly, she's not that great of a writer.
  • rmf626
    Options
    Criminal by Karin Slaughter
  • Mctree20
    Options
    Jingo - Terry Pratchett
  • jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Just finished The Caine Mutiny. Now I want to see the movie again.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    The Road by Cormac McCarthy and starting The Sexual Life of Catherine M. by Catherine Millet. This, ladies, is what we call real erotic literature
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Life, the Keith Richards biography
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    This thread.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    The Princess Bride by William Goldman

Re: 50 Shades - I wasn't overly impressed by book 1 (Gray) but the ending was enough to peek my interest. Just finished book 2 (Darker) and found it MUCH sexier and more well written. I'm looking foward to reading book 3 (Freed).

I'm also listening to Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy (unabridged).
  • Beautiful189
    Options
    Indefencable.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    I just finished Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward (The most recent in her Black Dagger Brotherhood series... can't wait for the next one to come out in March!!) and I just started her other Fallen Angel series, book 1 is called Covet. And so far I'm loving it!

I've read all 3 50 shades books. I thought they were fun, easy reads but I don't understand why everyone is so up in arms about them being overly sexual and whatnot. But maybe I just read too much smut. If you want some better BDSM erotica try Anne Rice's Sleeping Beauty series. I just recently started that one and ... yeah much better than 50 shades lol
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    Don Quixote - Cervantes
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    The Righteous Mind: Why Good People Are Divided by Politics and Religion
    Jonathan Haidt
  • crw72209
    crw72209 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    @ Arsie

I've read all 3 50 shades books. I thought they were fun, easy reads but I don't understand why everyone is so up in arms about them being overly sexual and whatnot. But maybe I just read too much smut. If you want some better BDSM erotica try Anne Rice's Sleeping Beauty series. I just recently started that one and ... yeah much better than 50 shades lol

I'll keep that in mind! :)
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Book 2 of A GAME OF THRONES
  • Chelsrf
    Chelsrf Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Loooovvveeed 50 Shades and the Hunger Games series.

Hunger games books were better than the movie, however they did a pretty good job with the movie too.
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    The Immoralist - Andre Gide
    (not in French!)
  • Chelsrf
    Chelsrf Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    The Road by Cormac McCarthy and starting The Sexual Life of Catherine M. by Catherine Millet. This, ladies, is what we call real erotic literature

I'll have to check those out.

I read Bared to you, it was pretty good. I just finished a book called Switch
  • cheergirl1993
    cheergirl1993 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Nora Roberts Thw Witness... its a great book!