Maybe This Site Isn't For Me??

Options

Replies

• BarbellBlondieRuns
    Options
    I would suggest two things if you aren't already doing them:

Drink LOTS of water & take a good quality multi-vitamin. Both things help your body do what it needs to do to melt those lbs!

Good luck! Keep reading and learning as much as you can. We'll never be done learning!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    1" is fabulous!!! I'd love to see an inch come off in that short of a period of time. Keep it up and you'll be glad you did!:wink:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Well...

You have to decide what program works for you.

Also, you can't always expect dramatic results. If you aren't seeing the results that you want, then look at ways that you might be able to change things.

I would offer more advice, but I would need to be able to see your diary to help further.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    You are expecting far too much far too quickly.. you've given it 2 weeks and don't think the results are worth it?

Results do not happen in 2 weeks. You did not gain all your weight in 2 weeks.

You've lost 1 inch, this is progress...
  • beatlesfan31
    beatlesfan31 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    One inch is awesome!! Also, your profile states that you are on a 'health journey.' No journey is defined by two weeks. Your health journey is for a lifetime. Stick with it and you'll see the results you want. Good luck to you.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    You have to first ask yourself - what do you define as success? Lemme guess, losing weight?

I'd rather lose an inch around my waist, than a generic 10 pounds. Losing midsection fat is a huge win for your health and looks.

Weight is mostly-useless number that merely correlates with the important things. Body fat % and measurements are far more meaningful.
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Im really struggling today. I want to see results of my hard work, I NEED to know that what I am doing is working rather than just frustrating me beyond belief.
    Im trying really hard to do it all the right way and do it slowly and all that jazz but it's upsetting to not see it pay off and Im wondering if being here is making it worse because in my eyes, Im sticking within my calories and doing my exercising and all I get out of it is Nothing.
    I had my husband measure me again today and I have been at this now for 2 weeks and have only lost 1 inch in my waist. I don't know if this is normal or abnormal or what. I just know im having one of "those days" I guess.
    I just keep reading and reading and obsessing over this site that I think I have become so confused by how many calories, eat them all or don't and so on.
    I really wanted this change to be a positive one but it feels like it's only bringing me down.
    HELP, I need some words of encouragement!!

i can relate to this...i used to think that the scale was the only way to tell if i had really changed physically....ITS NOT....the scale is a tool, but not the only tool....you have to base your success on how you feel, how your clothes feel, your mood/attitude, your dedication to wanting to continue and see a difference....the scale is not going to be your friend sometimes....i just got off of a 3 month plateau....90 FRICKIN DAYS OF WEIGHING THE SAME DANG THING.....finally, i altered what iw as doing and lost again....your journey is yours alone, no one will have the same one as you....you are worth fighting for and your health is so important in the long run.....keep at it, keep fighting, and you will slowly but surely see change.....BEST OF LUCK TO YOU DARLIN
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    1 inch?? That's great!

You know that giving up definitely doesn't work, right? :flowerforyou:
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I think it is normal, it is for me. I would not quit that's for sure. Would you open your diary so we might be able to see where you can change some things if needed? I mean only suggestions because for sure I am no doctor or professional but many of us have lost weight and know what works for us anyway;) denise
  • meganlynn0103
    Options
    I measured myself on 7/9/12 didnt measure again until about a week ago and i only lost 1/2" off my waist. you are doing great. dont give up. it takes time and just think how happy your insides feel with all the healthy foods and activities you are doing now. I started at 257 in April. I am now at 224.4 as of this morning. I want fast results but you have to think it took us years to put this weight on so it is going to take some time to take it off. I have "those days" all to often but i just remember why i am doing this. feel free to add me as a friend if you like. motivation always helps me out. that goes for anyone if you want to add me feel free to do so.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Considering it probably took more then two weeks to put that inch on, you can't do better then taking it off right? For real results, you have to stick with what you're doing for at least 4 weeks. When I started on here, I told myself I would do it for a year. Yes, a whole year and if nothing happened, well then I went through the year either way right? But so far I've lost 45 pounds and still losing. Give yourself a lot more time to let your body make changes because the time is going to pass either way, why not be happy when another two weeks passes, instead of trying to squeeze into something, it actually fits comfortably.
  • Melonhead
    Options
    You lost an inch in two weeks - that's pretty damn good! Screw the scale! When you can put that pair of jeans on that you haven't worn in awhile, when someone you haven't seen in awhile says you look like you've lost weight - to me those are better than a number on scale. I didn't put the weight on overnight, so it's not going to come off overnight either. Just stick with it - fat loves quitters - don't give fat the satisfaction!
  • NearlyJen
    NearlyJen Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    "Only" one inch in your waist? Honey, you LOST AN INCH FROM YOUR WAIST. That's fantastic! That's progress!
  • eddysuchydvm
    eddysuchydvm Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    1 inch is great!

I think you should make your diary public, though. I've lost more weight since I made mine public.
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I feel for you. We all want big losses and NOW! I stalled for a month before dropping another pound or so this week. It takes dedication and patience. I can vouch for how well this site works, but you have to stick with it.

Good luck.
  • jesshall281
    Options
    The next 6 months are going to come along, you can either choose to stick at it and see where you end up. Or quit and regret quitting 6 months down the line..
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Can I ask what the big rush is all about??? This isn't just a quick fix, a diet, etc... This is the rest of your life... I total lifestyle change and nothing less. Your expectations are just unrealistic. and you have only been at this for 2 weeks (but have made some good changes in inches) I have been at this for 38 straight months but I don't view this as a time thing, it is my life and I just live it... Best of Luck
  • malfx
    malfx Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Oh My....I won the lottery today and ONLY got $10 million bucks. How dissapointing.

1"? And you are complaining. Complain if you gained an inch.

Also put it into perspective...If you have a 40" waist and lose 1" you are losing way more mass than a person with a 30" waist and losing an inch.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1200 calories a day, whole foods mostly, very conscious of sodium, and exercise 3-4 times per week for 20-30 minutes each time. I feel like I'm making progress and I know that without this website, I would never be able to do what I am doing. I thank God for this website.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Buts what the alternative if you stop trying? Just carry on eating and feeling crappy about putting on more and more weight, feeling like your totally stuck. At least now you are trying, you might not be seeing the results you want but you are on the right path to getting to where you want to be eventually.

Also just to add, 2 weeks is nothing. Your body obviously takes longer than that to adjust to changes. If you are sticking to your plan and eating at a deficit you WILL loose. You may have to tweak your plan occasionally but if your determined you will succeed. Good luck x