Snarky remark I just overheard about my lunch...

Options
124»

Replies

• Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Have people forgotten the one thing that most people were told when growing up? If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. And truthfully, what difference does it make to them if you eat a salad or not, healthy or not healthy. What difference would it make to them if you ate the most unhealthiest meal you could think of. They don't have to lose your weight you do. Sheessh. People should just stick to their own lunch and leave yours alone lol. Sorry for the rant but some people need to mind their own business. :wink:

I thought it was if you have nothing nice to say, mumble

No, no, it's if you have nothing nice to say, post about it "anonymously" on the internet.
  • ambrwaves27
    Options
    Dude, you're paranoid. I wasn't talking about you.............

Strike 2 hehehe
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    "I love it when people think I actually give a damn about their opinions and lack of manners."

This!!!!
  • mnlght535
    Options
    Have people forgotten the one thing that most people were told when growing up? If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. And truthfully, what difference does it make to them if you eat a salad or not, healthy or not healthy. What difference would it make to them if you ate the most unhealthiest meal you could think of. They don't have to lose your weight you do. Sheessh. People should just stick to their own lunch and leave yours alone lol. Sorry for the rant but some people need to mind their own business. :wink:

I thought it was if you have nothing nice to say, mumble

LOL That's a good one :)
  • mnlght535
    Options
    [/quote]

No, no, it's if you have nothing nice to say, post about it "anonymously" on the internet.
    [/quote]

LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    every time I hear something about being nice on the internet I think of the Mayor's comeback when the Ghostbusters found out about the river of slime feeding off negativity.
  • Swizzle1986
    Options
    I usually think comments like that are derived out of pure jealousy. Because you are losing weight and trying to be healthier and the other person isn't.

So ignore it.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    i get, ur so thin cuz u don't eat as i'm getting my lunch out of the fridge at work. okay, i brought chicken, rice, and mixed veggies, how is that not eating? cuz it didnt come from the vending machine?? sorry, but chips, candy bar and a soda do not count as a meal to me.
    and the other day it was, u need to stop losing weight cuz ur pants are too baggy now 1. they are srcub pants, they have always been loose on me, that's just how scrubs are and 2. i'm not even losing weight anymore, just maintaining, but for some reason people have just now started to notice and comment so i think some of the other girls i work with feel the need to make negative comments for whatever reason... it's cool, sit over there eating junk food and talk ****, i know i'm healthy and feel great!
  • Mendelianparakeets
    Options
    This is why I always hate getting my food around tons of people. Because while it has never happened to me personally, I know how quick people are to become big, bad nutrition experts and talk down to people as if they know their eating habits and dietary needs...
  • peles_fire
    Options
    My reply is usually along the lines of "I love it when people order a triple burger with cheese and upsize the fries and think that the diet coke is going to cancel it all out"

Wait, you mean a diet coke won't cancel it out? Damn, I need to change my order...
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    This is why I don't eat in the lounge at school. Also why I don't have an open diary on MFP.

Opinions are like *kitten*...