Vent

Options

Replies

• TamaraGraceS
    TamaraGraceS Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    People... Some are inconsiderate and rude. I have now lost 90 lbs and when I see a girl in the gym who was the size I was I often wanna go up and say you go girl and keep on keepin on. I once read that criticism is a defense mechanism for fargile egos. SOOO here I am saying it... I am proud of you for taking your health so serious and keep on going!
  • ferb03
    Options
    I am so sorry you had to be subjected to such p00p heads. Just remember, weight can be fixed, stupid can't. You keep going girl, you're doing great.
  • MzNiz
    MzNiz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Dont let it take the wind out of your sails... let it be the fire in your motivation.

You are already more beautiful then they will ever be with that kind of an attitude. I am sorry to hear this happend. Some people just suck. Luckily most of the people at my gym are opposite of this but I occassionally still feel self conscious. I just try and use it as motivation to go harder.
  • got2bstrong
    Options
    I am sorry this happened to you!

Clearly they are ignorant, and lack any common decency. DO NOT LET THEM take the wind out of your sails! To hell with them! YOU are strong (just look at the progress you have made so far!).

These doofus meatheads are more worried about physical appearance and have idea what it's like to struggle, and I am guessing their value system in general is WHACK.

Chin up, woman! Your job is not to conform to THEIR ideals, but to make yourself a HEALTHY person. Keep up the great progress!

I hope this helps!
  • ElleJay221
    ElleJay221 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    First of all, you are not fat - you are beautiful. I can say that since I have known you well over half my life (dang - we are getting old!)...You are beautiful on the outside as well as the inside - and not everyone is - I would believe these two people are proof of that!

Remember that it is your opinion of yourself that matters more than anything. And anyone who is fortunate enough to have their lives touched by you knows how awesome you are!

I would assume they were making those comments simply to make themselves feel good (i.e standard bully behaviour) - so this is their problem, not yours!
  • longingforcontrol
    Options
    omg, I am sorry that you had to meet one of the most awful people in the world today. I am sorry that you became a victim of their ignorance and lack of tolerance and behaviour.

Such things bring me down a lot and it seems like you have this in common with me. I know its not easy but try to ignore such people, don´t let such things get to you. You are about to do something amazing. Something for yourself. You are becoming the person you always wanted to be now. focus on this. focus on creating a life that you are happy to live. What do they matter anyway? are they your best friends? your family? no, so whatever they think about you, it is not from any value. pitty them and move on. you got something that they will never have - a heart and enough tolerance to accept anyone the way they are.

I want to make something clear, You are beautiful. In every single aspect. Not when you lost weight, not now that you did lost some already. no, you have always been and you will always be.

Congratualions to your achievement and good luck with the rest. =)
  • countrygal02012
    countrygal02012 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    They suck! And Karma will get them in the end... Keep doing what you are doing; you are an inspiration to others. :flowerforyou:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Give me the word and I'll slice their stupid throats open and watch them bleed out like the pigs they are!

Revenge is sweet see em' in 10 years she'll like like a used piece of leather and he'll look like a balding douche w/ a 2inch willy. Karma karma lets all believe in it.
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    It's hard to write anything printable about that, and I'm sorry it happened to you. There is no excuse for that sort of thing, and THEY are the ones who should feel bad about themselves. I mean, it's astonishing they feel ok showing their faces in public after that sort of performance.

Keep on being awesome, and don't let the turkeys get you down!
  • phynyxfyre
    phynyxfyre Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly is to the core. Who cares what they look like or what they said? Pity them because they cannot handle their emotional baggage intelligently enough to keep it private or seek appropriate help. You have this under control.
  • lonniecj
    Options
    Just hang in there. forget the people around you, if there is no support from then. you are doing this for you no one else and when you reach your, you tell everyone that you got no support from you can tell them to kiss your new *kitten*. I support you and will until you reach your goal. when I started wiht La Fitness one year ago, I was 285lb I'm now 170lb so I know it can be done. It will not be easy, you have to want it more than anything else, but it can be done. Good Luck and GOD Bless You
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Give me the word and I'll slice their stupid throats open and watch them bleed out like the pigs they are!

Revenge is sweet see em' in 10 years she'll like like a used piece of leather and he'll look like a balding douche w/ a 2inch willy. Karma karma lets all believe in it.

OMG! Haaah. I'm sorry thats so "Kathy Bates" I love Kathy Bates. What would Kathy Bates do? :laugh: Is it wrong to think this is funny? I do love your answer....:laugh:

OP * This makes me sad and mad at the same time. I have been treated this way before many times. And its hurts really bad I know. I always think, "Well that great, yeah, you might look nice on the outside, but your inside is rotten beyond repair. And also, it surely will be easier for ME to change MY outside, than for YOU, to change YOUR inside."
    Heres a flower for you... :flowerforyou: And for those people at the Gym.... I'm giving them the double birdee under my legs, and a double egg-fart on top of that.
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    That is awful! At my gym, they've had a few weight loss contests, so we are all rooting for the people with more to lose. I actually find it appalling that anyone would look down on someone taking the steps to change their life. If I even witnessed such a thing, I'd speak up to defend the person.

Basically, your gym sucks. Come work out with me!

Woot!
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Gad Dommit I hate people like that! I swear it make me want to kick their arses! I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why people are so mean!
  • kareinlib
    Options
    I'm so sorry that happened. :( Everyone gets so judgmental at the gym because I think that's really where people all get overly conscious of their bodies and start looking at everyone else's. That was ridiculously rude of them, try to put it out of your mind!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

OMG! Haaah. I'm sorry thats so "Kathy Bates" I love Kathy Bates. What would Kathy Bates do? :laugh: Is it wrong to think this is funny? I do love your answer....:laugh:

And for those people at the Gym.... I'm giving them the double birdee under my legs, and a double egg-fart on top of that.

BWahahahahaha! No one messes w/ Kathy. Double egg farts are the worse up there w/ dog farts.
  • danne32339
    danne32339 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Ive found that God has a sense of humor and a way of putting people in the very same situation they were being so hateful about.. I know it's hard to ignore them, but hold you head up high. You're doing a great job girl!!! Feel free to add me to your friend list.
    Good luck and God bless,
    Doni
  • GaidenJade
    Options
    My Mom always told me that I may be heavy but people that picked on me were ugly/ stupid (their behavior) and I could lose weight if I wanted but you can't change ugly and you can't fix stupid!!! Just had to add my two cents!!

LOL......LOVE your mom. She's a wise woman.

If this were me I know I would have trouble going back to that gym. But I would eventually make myself. We can't let others have that sort of power over our lives, even though it's hard to do that. But as time goes on, your inner strength will overcome this sort of thing. Ooh rah girl! Keep at it!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    sounds like a bunch of deuchbag meatheads to me.....I would take that and use it for the fire/fuel to get yourself in shape. Trust me no one was born shredded it is freaking hard work to eve TRY and get there. You keep doing what you are doing and you will be fine..then in six months when you are shredded and sexy looking and ole boy comes up and asks if he can spot you, you can tell him to F off!!! Now that is Kharma :) Don't get discouraged, just be happy knowing that you are doing the right thing for you ...
  • loriclark5
    loriclark5 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    report them to your gym people!!! Screw that...I doubt your gym wants people around like that!!!!!!! Its not tattling..its getting rid of scum!!

Oooow..this boils my blood to no end..