Anyone Facebookless?

Options

Replies

• tr33p1g
    Options
    I have FB but to be honest I talk to people on MFP loads more so don't bother with it. I've met some inspirational people here!
  • laurenleighlugo
    laurenleighlugo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I used to but I had to delete it. I wish I could've stayed in touch with my friends and family. :/ Oh well, I guess this is my new facebook! I only accept girls though.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I have zero interest in fb. zilch. but i feel like the only one most of the time. my friends all think its grand. my fiance proposed last month and lots of our friends came to watch him pop the question and celebrate with us. they all talked on fb about the upcoming event and i didn't know a thing
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Nothing in my day to day life warrants being posted on the internet, nor do I want to read that someone I know has again farted glitter, or that their special snowflake said a funny word.

My friends all know how to use email, text, phones, and even (gasp) know how to mail the occasional card via snail mail.

So no, I've never had a FB account and don't see the day I ever would.
    I just wonder why email, text, etc, are somehow superior to posting on facebook so all your friends can see it at one time? If you don't want to have facebook, fine, but it really seems like a lot of people are just snotty about it.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I have opened facebook accounts twice and deleted them. I have enough other ways to waste time that I didn't need that one, too.
  • amy32lynn
    amy32lynn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I do not have a facebook...some of my friends get annoyed because i dont have one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Mrshunts
    Mrshunts Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    While I have a Facebook account, MFP is where I am 95% of the time now!
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I don't have facebook, my boyfriend doesn't either. I did for a while, but the people I want to talk to, I keep in contact through the phone.
  • stagegoddess
    stagegoddess Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i've had my fb since it first started for university students only. it was a bored at school thing then an every once in a while thing but i use it daily now for job networking (in the theatre world its an incredibly important thing to do), keeping up with all my friends/family (only close ones are on there, i delete people if they aren't in my life in a positive way), and sharing videos, articles and other meme type stuff we enjoy. i have crazy strict privacy settings and regularly update them.

i've thought of closing it before but would have very little interaction with those people--i work most days from 8am-11pm, can't use my phone at work so i've gotta feel in the loop somehow and be able to leave little messages for people that won't interrupt their sleep.
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Had one, deactivated it, don't miss it.
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I had one to keep in touch with my daughter, until I found out any pictures I posted became the property of Facebook.

Exactly.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I don't have it. I've thought about it and see that it would have some good aspects, but I don't want that much information about me out there for eternity under my real name.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    me!
  • cmcorn26
    cmcorn26 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I had one, liked it for family, mom got one, stalked me. Deleted it. Best thing I ever did...besides join Mfp!
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    I don't have a Facebook account either.
  • med2017
    med2017 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    i deleted my facebook three weeks ago. best decision of my life. i have never had more time in my life.
  • mystiqaleyes
    mystiqaleyes Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Also had an account which I de-activated over a year ago...found it was a big waste of my time and too much nonsense is posted there..get along just fine without it.
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I still use FB daily. Not really sure why though. I talk to more people on here than I do on there. lol.
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I don't use it. I figure if someone wants to know about me, they can get in touch with me via phone, face-to-face, email or whatever. I don't need it all posted on a site for everyone else to know my business.

Thank you OP for this. I was starting to feel like I was the only one not into it.
  • 02tods
    02tods Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have FB and personally, I find it great for keeping in touch with ppl and finding old friends. Personal conversation is rarely on my wall, and is done through inbox, chat, email, good ol' telephone, and in person!