Vent

Options

Replies

• loriclark5
    loriclark5 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I agree..you should report them. Ask the gym people to be anonymous and tell them that people complained they were being incredibly rude.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!
    Im sorry that happened to you.
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My Mom always told me that I may be heavy but people that picked on me were ugly/ stupid (their behavior) and I could lose weight if I wanted but you can't change ugly and you can't fix stupid!!! Just had to add my two cents!!

LOL......LOVE your mom. She's a wise woman.

If this were me I know I would have trouble going back to that gym. But I would eventually make myself. We can't let others have that sort of power over our lives, even though it's hard to do that. But as time goes on, your inner strength will overcome this sort of thing. Ooh rah girl! Keep at it!

Thanks, my Mom was an awesome lady!! She had some good ones that's for sure!!
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I'm soooo sorry that you had to overhear someone else's ignorance. Don't let it stop you from doing you!!
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that you had to go through this today. Or ever, for that matter.

There are a lot more people at the gym who are impressed that you had the courage to start a fitness plan, thrilled you've kept at it and who are silently cheering you on. How do I know this? Because I am one of them.

my sentiments exactly
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i was doing chest press the other day and this big girl got on the only spinning bike on the floor, right next to the treadmills. she was very large.

i wanted to go up and high five her.

it must have taken a lot of courage for her to walk in, and get on the machine. it is right at the top of the stairs on the second floor, where all the free weights and weight lifting machines are. anyone that comes up to lift will pass right by her. it's also in the "center" of the room, so almost everyone will always see her.

she sat on the machine and did her work out, sweated, and pumped her legs for a good twenty minutes. i was very very happy for her.
  • AudreyinNC
    Options
    Just because they may be in better shape (currently), does not automatically mean they are smart.
    I work with a guy like this, most shallow person I've ever met in my life. But he is not actually incapable of
    carrying on an intelligent conversation because he lacks the IQ. The other day he was talking about some
    particular "hot" girl, but saying he wouldn't talk to her because she had ugly feet. (This girl would never give
    him the time of day btw). And I asked him if he knew what shallow meant, and he said and I quote "Yeah, it
    means no diving." These people sound like they are from the same gene pool.

On another note, good thing it wasn't me. I would have been the one kicked out of the gym. But I'm sure it wouldn't
    be the first time some ignorant *kitten* was smacked in the teeth with someone's dumb bell.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Screw them....you've already accomplished great things and you will continue to do so. They're not worthy of a second thought.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Eleanor Roosevelt once said "No one can make you feel in-superior without your permission." I have claimed this as one of my motto's.

It's an excellent motto to have, and I am not trying to be critical of you, but the quote is "No one can make you feel inferior without your permission." I'm just telling you so nobody else is ever unkind to you for misquoting. :flowerforyou:
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Just because they may be in better shape (currently), does not automatically mean they are smart.
    I work with a guy like this, most shallow person I've ever met in my life. But he is not actually incapable of
    carrying on an intelligent conversation because he lacks the IQ. The other day he was talking about some
    particular "hot" girl, but saying he wouldn't talk to her because she had ugly feet. (This girl would never give
    him the time of day btw). And I asked him if he knew what shallow meant, and he said and I quote "Yeah, it
    means no diving." These people sound like they are from the same gene pool.

On another note, good thing it wasn't me. I would have been the one kicked out of the gym. But I'm sure it wouldn't
    be the first time some ignorant *kitten* was smacked in the teeth with someone's dumb bell.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! <3 this!
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Those two need to be ***** slapped and thrown out of the gym. How DARE they judge someone who's trying to better herself AND PAYING THE SAME DAMN GYM FEES AS THEY ARE???

Honestly. Public stoning is just too good for some people.

I think you're amazing.

(Editing to say that those five stars up there were censored by MFP -- very crafty! But they stand for another word for a female dog.)

(Editing again because a poster above me got to say "*kitten*"! Those two were *kitten*!! -- I feel much better now.)
  • Serafimangel
    Serafimangel Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You know that cee lo green song? '*kitten* you', well, that entire song should be dedicated to them.

What the hell do they want? You are trying to change yourself to become a better, healthier you, and that, what, offends them?
    A lot of people have said this, it is this kind of attitude that prevents people trying to lose weight from going to the gym! I was too scared to exercise outside my house for literally years unless I was in a karate gi or a knee length hockey skirt (and that was pushing it for me) because I was too scared of encountering people like that.

You can do it, you can become fit, they'll always be a**holes. To quote winston Churchill: [sir, you are drunk], "Madam, you are ugly. In the morning, I shall be sober"
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    You know what though? You just became a little stronger today! Physically and emotionally. I hope they're still @ that gym when you reach your goal so you can walk up to them and say 'remember me, the girl you made fun of? I've reached my goal and I'm healthy, your still an *kitten*!'
  • blakeevan04
    blakeevan04 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    These people are morons and hopefully Karma will sort them out. You are doing a great job and don't let idiots like that make you feel bad. Keep up what you are doing and one day they will be looking at you wondering if they could ever be that fit :flowerforyou:

Awesome advice!!
  • angusmike
    Options
    They're jerks. :angry: Get in shape and kick their a$$es. The only opinion that matters is your's.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    i'd "accidentally" drop a weight on their toe
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    First of all, you are not fat - you are beautiful. I can say that since I have known you well over half my life (dang - we are getting old!)...You are beautiful on the outside as well as the inside - and not everyone is - I would believe these two people are proof of that!

Remember that it is your opinion of yourself that matters more than anything. And anyone who is fortunate enough to have their lives touched by you knows how awesome you are!

I would assume they were making those comments simply to make themselves feel good (i.e standard bully behaviour) - so this is their problem, not yours!

This response made me cry. Beautiful!

OP: Please don't let the jerks at the gym the power to get inside your head. People like this friend ^^ deserve your time and energy - not the gym idiots. Believe me, I would also be devastated, hurt, pissed, you name it but please try to get them out of your head, and keep reading these words ^^ and keep on working hard - you've come so far already!!
    Hugs
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    You my babe, have to turn that frown upside down!! The decision you made yourself to make a change is all you, feel good about what you have accomplished, you already have made miles stones. Its unfortunate that throughout your journey, friends, family, strangers won't be there to support you.......... and that is why you are here. SUPPORT! Keep up the good work. Turn your back on this and make it something positive, something wonderful! You are already on the right path.......dont look back.

Cheers!
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    i was doing chest press the other day and this big girl got on the only spinning bike on the floor, right next to the treadmills. she was very large.

i wanted to go up and high five her.

it must have taken a lot of courage for her to walk in, and get on the machine. it is right at the top of the stairs on the second floor, where all the free weights and weight lifting machines are. anyone that comes up to lift will pass right by her. it's also in the "center" of the room, so almost everyone will always see her.

she sat on the machine and did her work out, sweated, and pumped her legs for a good twenty minutes. i was very very happy for her.

:noway: I would not have had the balls to do this!!! That's awesome.
  • maryjay51
    Options
    dont pay attention to them..theres rude people in this world everywhere you go . best thing to do is show back up there and keep moving on with yourself. they pretty much are the pathetic ones if they are like that