Us Pear Shaped Women!

Options
2»

Replies

• HeatherBurke
    Options
    Totally me!!

Even when I was tiny my thighs always touched, hips are crazy wide and butt is ginormous now!! I also have a large chest to kind of balance things out but no matter how little I get I will always have a butt and thighs... kind of obnoxious at times... But gotta deal with it so might as well embrace it!! Luckily I have found a man that would start shoving candy bars down my throat if I lost either of them so that helps to own it.. hee hee
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Belly fat seems to be more willing to leave than bum and thigh fat. The up side is that we are generally healthier.

This is so not true. I'm an apple and I've lost plenty of weight in my butt, thighs, and hips but it still hangs around my belly. As is said a 1000 times a day, every person is different. Maybe people who are apples tend to lost weight first in their hips, thighs, and butt while pears lose it in their tummies first. All I know is that my belly is not coming off very easily and it is a lot more dangerous for my health than it would be if it was hanging on my butt.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Sorry Crystal...I generalized. My sister who is not a pear has such an easier time losing weight than me. Not meaning to offend and I retract my statement!
  • biermadm
    biermadm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too am a pear shape (Curvy)! I work in a hospital & have found that walking up & down 5 flights of stairs 4 times a day has helped. Any stairs will do, just make sure you are planting your whole foot on the step to work your butt as well. I also do Cardio on the Elliptical machine with resistance & that can get your thighs & butt toned. It's been 3 weeks & I am noticing a difference already. Keep in mind it builds leg muscle so you may notice an increase in weight but you will look & feel toned. Jean shopping may be a little easier in a few weeks!:smile:
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Sorry Crystal...I generalized. My sister who is not a pear has such an easier time losing weight than me. Not meaning to offend and I retract my statement!

I'm really not offended. Sorry if I sounded like I was. :flowerforyou: Sometimes I come off a lot more abrasive than I mean to. :ohwell:
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Thanks :) It's funny b/c even though after all that weight, I'm still what my Nana always called me, a "Culona" (large butt girl, in Italian) lol!

I just came across this cool site, Myshape.com. It looks pretty extensive, but can determine your size based on all you measurements, cool!
    It's funny b/c from the side, I look smaller, than from a frontal view...thanks hips!

:laugh: :laugh: yep that is me!!

Way to go on your weight loss! over 90lbs! Amazing!
  • emilymdean
    Options
    Yes, I'm a pear. All my friends think I'm lucky but it doesn't feel that way when you're trying to buy a pair of pants or a skinny straight skirt. Just got to work with what you've got and make the best of it! I also agree with the girl that said apples loose faster. My bff drops sizes faster due to having no butt or hips. It is still work though no matter what body type you have.
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a pear shape which hubby appreciates! Remember that pears will lose our lower half last as it is usually the place that puts on the pounds first. Total body workouts are great along with cardio esp. those that work the legs.i.e kickboxing. Usually for me lots of kickboxing or the dreaded run along with watching those carbs. especially late in the day. Unfortunately now that hubby is back from Iraq I have celebrated too much with great meals thus the battle begins again.

In reference to jean, after a major search that included high end and cheaper jeans..Lee trouser jeans and their custom No gap jeans does wonders for my butt and thighs, the best part is they are all less than 50.00 dollars.

HTH,
    Michelle
  • sandmart2009
    sandmart2009 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    don't worry... *whispers* it's our *kitten*-set!
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Thanks :) It's funny b/c even though after all that weight, I'm still what my Nana always called me, a "Culona" (large butt girl, in Italian) lol!

I just came across this cool site, Myshape.com. It looks pretty extensive, but can determine your size based on all you measurements, cool!
    It's funny b/c from the side, I look smaller, than from a frontal view...thanks hips!

:laugh: :laugh: yep that is me!!

Way to go on your weight loss! over 90lbs! Amazing!

Culona....I love that, my new nickname!:laugh:
  • mlove1307
    Options
    The plus of being a pear??? Look at yourself in that long dress!!! We were just born in the wrong era! :laugh:

DeeDee, I have ALWAYS said this!!! Men would have LOVED my body two, three centuries ago and the dresses from back then look gorgeous!

.. too bad stick skinny is "the it look" because I'm always gonna have these hips&thighs!!

<3 all this bottom heavy talk. :]