Anyone drink Dessert teas or tea in general

Options

Replies

• Jen_Jennings
    Jen_Jennings Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Ncellis, the SoHo blend from Harney and sons is amazing! The chocolate and coconut go great together. I've also fell in love with Harney and sons Valentine blend which is a black tea that tastes like chocolate. I always put a splash of milk in mine which I find makes it taste a little creamier.

One way to get started on dessert tea is to check out a website called teaviews
    http://www.teaviews.com/
    People like you and I review teas and go into great detail. That's how I've found most of my teas. YOu can look them up by flavors you like (apple, cinnamon, peach, blueberry, coconut etc....) and you can find reviews of teas and tea companies that have the best flavors :)

I need to try Chai again. I didn't really care for it. Maybe it was the brand.
  • Jen_Jennings
    Options
    OH. I am a TEA. FREAK, Tribal! I have Seven or Eight different types of tea all up in my kitchen. Ahmad Brand is my absolute FAV for European.Do you know this brand? I'm not sure if you are into flavored teas but OMG their strawberry flavored tea is amazing! I also have tons of tea from Japan (thanks to my mama who sends them to me quite often) green tea, matcha tea, buckwheat tea, kelp tea, cherry blossom, on and on. I have tea straight out of China, too. I wish you lived closer to me I'd have you over for tea!

I've never heard of Ahmad, Em. I'm such a tea baby still. I've been doing primarily dessert teas for 2 yrs and haven't ventured away from that much. I love flavored! I think if you, me and Jason lived next to each other we'd be in tea heaven lol.

I didn't know your mum lived in Japan. How awesome! oh and if I lived closer, I'd definitely come over for tea lol. I live in redneck northern ca and no one drinks tea here :(
  • I usually buy organic green tea with no caffeine. I also drink Yogi brand tea. They have ones for energy, immune system, etc..They're totally organic. I like the immune system one with Echinacea. It's got a good taste to it. I don't put any sugar or anything in it. It's something you have to remember that it's supposed to be good for you or healthy- not the best flavor. I drink usually two cups in the morning when I get to work. I make it my morning ritual. Give it a try...
  • Jen_Jennings
    Options
    That's good you don't put anything in the tea. I always drank my tea black/plain until I decided to add some fat free milk into a pina colada black tea I had and it enhanced the flavor so much that I've not had plain tea in a year. I also heard sugar enhances the flavors but I tried rock sugar once and didn't care for it.

I love tea so much that I have a small tagalong cannister in my purse and I bag my own loose leaf tea for that cannister and bring it with me into restaurants. I don't do it often, usually when on vacation :) I even brought tea with me into Disneyland so I could be in tea heaven in the happiest place on earth :love:
  • runmybunsoff
    runmybunsoff Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    OOO I make my own Chai. =) If you take some tea and infuse in a pot with fresh ginger slices, cinnamon sticks, sugar, and cardamom pods, strain, add milk: *bam.* Chai, right there. Of course you can adjust to your own taste- I had a Neighbor from Kerala, India who taught this to me when I was a kid. Evidently it is a short-cut version but it's still really delicious! ;-) It's really comforting, too.
  • Jen_Jennings
    Options
    You had me at cardamom! I need to be more adventurous. Next time I go to buy spices I'll stock up!

I have a tea called Christmas cookie, it tastes like vanilla and has cardamom and camomile however you spell it in it and I break up the cardamom to let the seeds run free and it makes it taste that much better!

I think I'm going to bump this for a few days to get more ideas from people :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yeah, cardamom is so amazing. I make cardamom treats also (like cake and cupcakes) for birthday times. I like to put cardamom in my tea. I also really love cinnamon.
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    bump :)

love tea and would love to try some new varieties...
  • Jen_Jennings
    Options
    cardamom baked goods! Stop it! I've never heard of that. YUM!

Emmy, check out the site http://www.teaviews.com/ scroll down and on the right side of the page it gives different flavors. Click on the flavor you like and read the reviews. They are super detailed and you can pick great teas that way :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I don't like my green tea hot, as much as I like it cold, so I cold steep my tea. I put the loose leaf tea into the strainer in my cup, fill it with cold water and put it in the fridge over night. Then I wake up to delicious ice cold tea. After I drink that I will steep the leaves again in hot water, to get the most out of the tea. And you can cold steep any kind of tea, if you want. But, I understand if I'm the only weirdo that does this, lol.
  • Jen_Jennings
    Options
    I don't like my green tea hot, as much as I like it cold, so I cold steep my tea. I put the loose leaf tea into the strainer in my cup, fill it with cold water and put it in the fridge over night. Then I wake up to delicious ice cold tea. After I drink that I will steep the leaves again in hot water, to get the most out of the tea. And you can cold steep any kind of tea, if you want. But, I understand if I'm the only weirdo that does this, lol.

A friend at work does that.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

A friend at work does that.

Oh, cool! Glad to hear other people cold steep tea also.
  • Jen_Jennings
    Options
    Yes yes, there ARE others like you out there :)
  • Jen_Jennings
    Options
    Bumping this up in hopes of hearing from more tea people :)
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I drink mostly green tea (those from cost co) at least 4 times a day. I just love it. There is also this tea store here called David's tea and I absolutely am in love with their African Green Tea blend. hehe.
  • JDunbar82
    JDunbar82 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bigelow Vanilla Caramel tea is delicious...I add a splash of milk and a little sweetener :)
  • marmalade628
    marmalade628 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love tea but mostly like to drink green tea. I like any of the varieties of the green tea family. Especially if it is combined with fruits like berries, peach, blackberry and pomegranate, etc. Right now I am drinking the Lipton Green tea Superfruit with Blackberry and Pomegranate. Very yummy!
  • mirsasha
    Options
    I've been on a huge tea kick lately - originally I was hoping it would help me cut down on the diet soda I drink, now I just drink tons of both. I really like Mighty Leaf tea...and not just because I won $100 worth in a contest! Their green tropical is nice as a cup or hot or pitcher or iced.
  • Blunderguff
    Options
    Always like teas. Been Trying all the Bigalows teas. Really enjoy. Want to get into more loose tea leafs.
  • Jen_Jennings
    Options
    Bigelow Vanilla Caramel tea is delicious...I add a splash of milk and a little sweetener :)

Yes this one is good for sure! One of my favorites as far as store bought boxed tea goes. I've not bought it in yrs since buying the premium teas online but I may need to revisit this one. THanks for the reminder :):smile: