Anyone ever talked to anybody.....

Options

Replies

• Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Yes I have & I will NEVER go there AGAIN!!
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Eh ... some of the people I talk privately with on my friends list make want to meet them in person because they are so awesome.. but I can't say I I fell in love with them... After meeting them in person may be a different story..
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Not so much romantic or sexual, but I've clicked with some people very quickly online - people that I like right away and can trust easily. Sometimes it's just the way they string words together, sometimes it is a shared appreciation of the absurd. I've been wrong a few times, but mostly have made some pretty cool friends online. They generally end up being a lot like my real life friends.

If I was single and looking for a relationship, it might seem tempting, but I'd have to interact with someone face-to-face to actually fall in love. Gotta see and hear her laugh.
  • StormyLlewellyn
    Options
    Noooo Way
    I have freinds that have but It isn't appealing to me...
  • My grandparents met over the internet, so you never know :)
  • mwcraig34
    mwcraig34 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    No thats just weird! Only creepers meet on the internet!
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can TRULY fall in love with someone without meeting them in person first. I do believe you can develop feelings for the person from talking with them online though...

However, meeting them in person is very important. You can click well with someone online and feel comfortable chatting with them, think they are attractive in their pictures, etc. and then meet them in person and it's ENTIRELY different. Zero chemistry. I've seen it happen.
  • katymcd81
    katymcd81 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yes...my husband :)

Together nearly 9 years, married 2 years.

When you know, you know.
  • Doesntplaynice82
    Doesntplaynice82 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can TRULY fall in love with someone without meeting them in person first. I do believe you can develop feelings for the person from talking with them online though...

However, meeting them in person is very important. You can click well with someone online and feel comfortable chatting with them, think they are attractive in their pictures, etc. and then meet them in person and it's ENTIRELY different. Zero chemistry. I've seen it happen.

I agree...I talked to a guy for maybe 2 months via phone and text and internet chatting...though I was in love with him. His pictures looked great etc etc. then I met him....he had a VERY hairy back (huge turn off to me) and was not nearly as attractive as his pictures!
  • xoxmorgan
    Options
    I've made 2 good friends from the iternet. On a separate occasion I recently brian talking to a guy one year younger that me. We text sometimes and he's cute but it would never go further than that. He's just someone nice to talk to sometimes.
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I believe that it CAN happen but just be on guard. I met someone over the internet and it turned out very badly. You might think you know someone when you know absolutely nothing except what they want you to think you know about them. Even when you meet them in person. And have been speaking and meeting for months. I speak from personal experience. Just be careful.
  • jerbear67
    jerbear67 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Sure have! I have actually just fallen for someone on here several weeks ago, we are talking and planning on meeting in the next couple weeks. I have met a lot of good people on the internet I have also met a few bad people. The good have far out weighed the bad.
  • LifeChangingExp8512
    Options
    I might have been the biggest skeptic.. and then it happened...I found my soul mate. My twin. My dream come true. The love of my life. So I say fkn anything's possible!
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I met my husband online...on a Star Trek website :P Six years on...
  • dizzydi1968
    Options
    Yup but the geographical distance is a killer
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Yup but the geographical distance is a killer

I agree with you Di.
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    over the internet and fell for them right away??

why who'd you fall head over heels for?
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    Yes. He's now my ex-husband.

Moral of the story: my instincts suck
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Yupper do.
  • oker673
    oker673 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I meet my boyfriend online. We met for the first time at a movie on campus (first time ever seeing or talking to each other). We have been dating for 4 and a half years now.