coming off BC?

Options
2»

Replies

• misswager
    misswager Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    The only side effect I had was that my skin broke out more... I was on BC not for acne control, but once I went off the pill my skin broke out more. But through healthy eating, taking appropriate Vitamins its fine now :-)
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    let's see...when I got off BC (10 years) I lost weight, I no longer had the urge to stuff my face silly, lost cravings for sweets and chips, I didn't have mood swings, I got a libido back, I felt 'lighter'-I just felt so sluggish and blah all the time. I smile more, I feel better about myself, and my skin lightened up and started glowing. I also got wicked cramps and lower back aches.

I won't take BC anymore.

How long after you stopped did you get cramps/aches? I have horrible lower back pain and a headache today.
  • Doesntplaynice82
    Doesntplaynice82 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have to stay on birth control otherwise I will hump anything that moves. I get aroused way too easily. I have not seen any other changes other than that....oh birth control makes my periods lighter...so that is a plus :)
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    I have to stay on birth control otherwise I will hump anything that moves. I get aroused way too easily. I have not seen any other changes other than that....oh birth control makes my periods lighter...so that is a plus :)

:laugh:
    How long have you been on it for?
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I got pregnant when I went off BC :laugh:

Haha this is what I was going to say! I had planned it by the way....

I was on cilest for about 8 years before i stopped it to try for a baby. I got pregnant immediately, so any effects I may have noticed would've got confused with pregnancy hormones anyway!

I did take it again when my son was a few months old, and it felt weird to take it again. When I stopped to try for my 2nd child, the main thing I noticed was that losing weight became easier.

I decided not to go back on it after my 2nd child.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Well, the obvious answer is pregnancy, but that depends on a few other variables...
  • Doesntplaynice82
    Options
    I started taking it when I was 18. Went off it a few times when I couldn't afford it or didn't have insurance and when I was in Iraq (for about 4 months). I have taken ortha tri cycilin, Seasonique, depo prevera and nuva ring.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    Well, the obvious answer is pregnancy, but that depends on a few other variables...

I'm not sexually active at the moment..
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    I started taking it when I was 18. Went off it a few times when I couldn't afford it or didn't have insurance and when I was in Iraq (for about 4 months). I have taken ortha tri cycilin, Seasonique, depo prevera and nuva ring.

Are you still taking it?
  • Doesntplaynice82
    Options

Are you still taking it?

Currently taking nuvaring and love it!
  • NeonRainbow83
    NeonRainbow83 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    When I was on BC I used to get really bad migraines, anxiety attacks, weight gain, increased appetite, lost libido .. I also got pregnant (Probably my own fault. Antibiotics/extra precaution fail)

Anyway I didn't bother going back on it after my son was born, that was 6 years ago, and the plus to not being on it is my migraines are few and far between, I lost weight, my anxiety is so much better and my skin and hair is lovely again.

The down side is I get ovulation pains, and horrendous period pains, followed by 7 days worth of bleed in 3 days. Some months I feel like its labour all over again! Eeek.

That said, I wouldn't go back on it.
  • med2017
    med2017 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    i noticed thesame thing when i went off BC for a month... a lot less anxiety and the water weight just went away.. especially around the arms.. im thinking about getting the non hormonal IUD instead because feeding yourself hormones is baaad.. and BC has sooo many side effects later in life its scary
  • fiona2785
    Options
    I'm interested to hear people's stories - I'm just thinking about coming off BC (I'm currently on Cerazette). I have to say, it's working perfectly as a birth control - we no longer have sex due to it turning me into a fat blob with major anxiety and no self-esteem. It's already the last form of BC I'm able to take, so I'm now out of options other than condoms. Been on microgynon (had to come off due to type of migraines I have, can't take any oestrogen-based pill), was on depo-provera (was taken off due to osteoporosis risk), had an implant (I bled constantly for 9 months so that came out), had mirena coil (which I loved but hubby said was sharp so we couldn't have sex), and finally onto cerazette. Throughout all of this I've been gaining weight & seem unable to lose more than a few pounds, however hard I try.

It's great to hear that people's health problems have cleared up once they're off BC. :smile:
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    i noticed thesame thing when i went off BC for a month... a lot less anxiety and the water weight just went away.. especially around the arms.. im thinking about getting the non hormonal IUD instead because feeding yourself hormones is baaad.. and BC has sooo many side effects later in life its scary

Did you find when you had the month off, you had pregnancy symptoms at all?
    I'm not pregnant at all, haven't been with anyone in 2 years, but I am vomiting, lower ab/back pain, hot/cold flushes :(
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I have/had horrible cystic acne. Zinc has made more of a difference then the 5 different antibiotics and creams I've been on. Give it a try.:smile:

Will give it a try :)

Do you take a tablet or is through food just as good a source?

Tablets, take with food (otherwise you'll get a sore stomach)

And I've had migraines for 17 years, 90% are hormone related. Sometimes bc pills help migraines by keeping a level hormone level throughout the month, sometimes they cause more migraines, depends on the person. Mine were hugely aggravated by estrogen and some progestins.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    let's see...when I got off BC (10 years) I lost weight, I no longer had the urge to stuff my face silly, lost cravings for sweets and chips, I didn't have mood swings, I got a libido back, I felt 'lighter'-I just felt so sluggish and blah all the time. I smile more, I feel better about myself, and my skin lightened up and started glowing. I also got wicked cramps and lower back aches.

I won't take BC anymore.

How long after you stopped did you get cramps/aches? I have horrible lower back pain and a headache today.

mmm, I'd say 6 months after, or longer. I thought "oh hey, no cramps, I can deal". Then they got worse and worse. I just think dealing with a few days of pain (2 full days I literally cannot get thru the day without crawling into bed and hiding out for a few hours) is easier to deal with than a constant dreary fog.