What do you think about Interracial relationships?

Options

Replies

• arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Don't care.

Personality > Skin Tone
  • Angela_2_Oh
    Angela_2_Oh Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I say go for it. I am Caucasian ( Engliish/Scottish/Irish descent) and have dated all races.
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'm confused how this made it to part 2.
    This doesn't seem to be an issue to me? What exactly is bad about interracial relationships?
    They are the same species and the only difference is the colour of their skin... So I am not sure I am following.

I personally have nothing against them, and have no idea why I would.
  • underthecherrytree
    Options
    My husband is black and honestly., IDGAF what anyone thinks. I was taught to see in color, not black and white.
  • PapaDunx
    Options
    People, eventually, "will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"

But until then, topics like this will appear.
  • monyango
    Options
    I'm in an interracial marriage, my brothers are as well...my parents are also an interracial couple. In our family there are English, Portuguese, Indo-Canadian, Japanese and Kenyan heritages. Pretty sweet, I think:)
  • klbaierwalter
    klbaierwalter Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I am currently in one and I am going to marry him next October. I have no problem with them. I am a mix of black and japanese, and my fiance is white (mixed of german and irish) and I could care less what people think. I love him and he loves me uncondionally. I don't see the big deal with it. When I was in college it was all about the black guys dating white girls and being deemed "players," but when a black woman does it, all we get is how we're disgracing our race and how it's not right. GET OVER YOURSELVES! My own mother even asked me why I date white men, instead of black men. I have dated black men and they were the biggest idiots and I have dated white men who were complete idiots. Stupidity does not discriminate based on race. I just happen to be in love with a man who is white. Big deal! When you grow up in po-dunk Indiana, and go to schools where it is 99% white, then you can't necessarily only choose black men, etc.
  • Humbugsftw
    Humbugsftw Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I've only ever dated white guys (just because I tend to be more attracted to them and because I've lived in England fore the majority of my life in a very Caucasian-heavy area), and I'm Indian. I have no issue with it whatsoever, but I know the Indian community can be so racist, when my boyfriend and I are walking around in public, Asian people (meaning Indians, Pakistanis etc) will stare and stare and stare and it really pisses me off. Not to mention some Indians living in India have such disgusting views about these things, and just about white men and women in general. Really annoys me.

Date whoever the hell you want, and forget about race. As long as you two are compatible, and you are treated with respect and dignity, and as long as you reciprocate that, then it's fine in my books. I have no issue with same-sex relationships either, all in favour of people dating whoever they want to date.
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    They are NOT for me.
    #theend
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    I don't like guys from the same background as me. And I loveee mixed people. So yes interracial relationships all the way! I plan to marry someone from a different ethnicity :P
  • birdybunnz
    Options
    why is this question being asked on a fitness site?... but, im puerto rican and white. I've dated basically every race, white, chinesse, greek, persian, russian, black, white and black. but i dont discriminate i appreciate. plus mixed babies are the cutest! i plane on marrying a black man to have pretty babies plus the my preference i love chocolate thunder.
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    why is this question being asked on a fitness site?...

Because it is also a social networking site and this is the chit-chat, fun, and games message board.

Welcome to MFP
  • zoeluiisa
    Options
    It's 2012 for goodness sake. A person is a person is a person.
  • Aalinaghian
    Aalinaghian Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Nothing is wrong with interracial dating! I am Iranian and my bf is Armenian :)
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    5656d1246463472-die_thread_die.jpg
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I think this is a completely inappropriate topic for this forum. We're here to lose weight, not battle it out over whether or not we think interracial couples are okay. Aren't we all fighting for freedom and equality?

Well, being it is posted in the Chit Chat forum and not the main weight loss thread, any topic is ok to discuss and talk about.

If you ONLY want to talk about losing weight, then maybe Chit-chat, fun, and games is not the place for you.
  • Ninjajenna
    Ninjajenna Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't see why race matters. If they're hot, they're hot! I do tend to be more attracted to darker men, but that doesn't exclude race. I guess I'm just not attracted to pasty things like myself!
  • DimpleQueen
    Options
    Race is totally not the issue! Try just finding a nice guy! That's the real battle sheesh lol I'll date any race as long as he is worth it
  • BlueGenius
    BlueGenius Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    We are but one race, and that race is HUMAN.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    My opinion? I don't really care, love is love. Gender, race, age... Whatever.. :laugh: