What's everybody's fav. core workout?

Options

Replies

• angeljamin
    angeljamin Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Pilates Fit w/ Tandy Gutierrez

It's awesome! Seems really easy, but it totally sneaks up on me.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Leg raises and bridges.

Nothing else will give you such a complete core workout.
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    Missed your point noob, when will you need greater core strength? When I run into you from the side. Never too strong, ridiculous illogical thing to say, like when do you need to squat 400lbs - pounds not kilos pounds SUPERLOLS - sounds better in pounds
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,160 Member
    Options
    sexersize:bigsmile: and russain twists

^^This!
  • 2S_1R
    2S_1R Posts: 171
    Options
    300 ab challenge. :)
  • SLRamirez2012
    Options
    Pole dancing, pole work! :-D

I want to try that but our town is too small to have any classes like that! :mad:
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I find planks the most effective for me.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts

And Squats

We all live in the sagital plane, sagital plane the sagital plane.

But the core moves in three planes - how do you train the other two?

What exactly in my life am I ever going to do that will require greater core strength than picking up over 300-400 lbs or squatting over 200-300 lbs? If I can do that I am betting my core is strong enough.

I thought you squatted heavy. And why does everyone who used to think that know it is not true. Grow up, your advise is wrong - get over it. Nothing wrong with squatting, a core exercise - NO

When you're squatting, your holding your core steady, keeping your back straight. In order to build muscle, you need to extend and contract the muscles to work them. If you're contracting and extending your abs and back while squatting, you're doing it wrong.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    300 ab challenge. :)

I have yet to try that out. Looking forward to it.....
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    bump
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    P90X2 is all core. I love it way better than P90X. Think like, it's some of the P90X workouts, but now you have to do that and balance on one foot. It's hard core, core workouts. Exactly what I wanted.

You mean people don't do static exercises on one foort when they can, darn beachbody you invent everything --- NOT
  • Alicia7519
    Options
    Planks.
  • Radiskull
    Radiskull Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My favorites in order: deadlifts, squats, overhead press. Love them.
  • ang3h
    ang3h Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I love planks!
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    I love squats, lunges, planks and wood chops. PT taught me a new form of leg raises this week thats a killer. On a bench under the smith, leg raise into candle, and tap the bar on the outside with your toes. I am sure it has a name but he didn't tell it :bigsmile:

I absolutely HATE squats & lunges, but I think it's because my form is wrong and I put too much pressure on my knees(bad knees at 22, awesome isn't it?)

Your knees are not bad, you have created a dysfunction from other exercises. Knees are seldom to blame, unless you have smashed them to pieces in an accident. See a functional personal trainer/therapist
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    planks
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Front lever raises: http://youtu.be/OxCPP4pxhnk

let us see your video - and then a flag with cross on rings.

Otherwise you won't believe it's my favourite core workout? My loss, eh. :laugh:

As for the flag, can't do that one. Nor a cross. Don't have anywhere I can train for either at the moment. I guess I can't have front lever raises as my favourite core workout! Dagnammit.
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts

And Squats

You know this is so true. Last year I stopped all core specific exercises. I was already lifting heavy but I wanted to do an experiment and see if I could get my waist smaller (to have more of an hourglass shape). Doing prime mover ab exercises makes your waist thicker! When I stopped the exercises and just kept lifting heavy I brought my waist down and still got ripped abs (my profile pictures were the result of that experiment). Since then I'm back to doing ab exercises and my waist is more muscular, but it's okay, I LOVE ab exercises, planks, swiss ball pike, and pushup and curl ups (with the ball) are my favorites.

You stopped doing core-specific exercises and your waist got smaller and you still had nice abs?? Hmm... this gives me something to think about. You look sooo good. There is no way you're 51.
  • not_virified
    Options
    Everyone needs to try this! is so fun and makes you feel good about yourself!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT09bryb0C4&feature=related