Anyone drink Dessert teas or tea in general

Options

Replies

• Jen_Jennings
    Jen_Jennings Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Always like teas. Been Trying all the Bigalows teas. Really enjoy. Want to get into more loose tea leafs.

I started with mostly bigelows from the store. Moved on to lose leaf. I suggest staying away from Teavana unless you want to pay a fortune for chemically tasting junk with no tea in it :( I use Harney and sons primarily. You can also find teas that will fit your taste if you go to http://www.teaviews.com if you scroll down and look to the left you'll see different flavors, pick your flavor and see which review fits your taste. they list the company that sells it. It's regular ppl like you and I doing the reviews. That's how I've discovered most of my teas. also you can usually buy samples of the tea from the company to see if you like it. they also send you samples of tea when you purchase teas. YUM!
  • amore78
    amore78 Posts: 175
    Options
    I love tea... black tea,grey tea, green tea. peach flavor..... any kind of tea ......:tongue:
  • Jen_Jennings
    Options
    I've been on a huge tea kick lately - originally I was hoping it would help me cut down on the diet soda I drink, now I just drink tons of both. I really like Mighty Leaf tea...and not just because I won $100 worth in a contest! Their green tropical is nice as a cup or hot or pitcher or iced.

Oh I've never heard of Mightly leaf teas. I just bookmarked their site. Good to know :)

Lucky you for winning $100 worth. That's a great prize :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yeah, if I buy tea from the regular store I also like Mighty Leaf Tea and Numi tea. They are both very good and use full leaf tea.
  • Jen_Jennings
    Options
    I think I should have posted this under the food category, this category moves so fast lol.
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I love just about all kinds of tea. I love good old fashioned orange pekoe, chamomile, chai tea, green tea, white tea, you name it I've probably either tried it or I'm interested in trying it. I love iced tea, hot tea, tea with and without milk, with lemon, sugar, you get the drift. I love tea!!! I was raised on it. I never knew there was such a thing as dessert teas though. Hmm, I'll have to check that out at the place in one of my malls called David's Tea, they've got a ton of different kinds in both loose and bag variety. I'll have to get the bag stuff of course, I don't have a tea ball - yet. :bigsmile:
  • Enonoid
    Enonoid Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Apparently I am an amateur. I drink Bigelow, Stash and I have had that Chamomile Citrus from Mighty Leaf. I like trying different flavors to give me a change from water.
  • kdelost630
    Options
    LOVE ME SOME TEA. I used to be a coffee-addict until my stomach decided it couldn't handle it anymore. Then I started drinking tea, just bags from the grocery store. I recently got a job at Teavana, so now I can buy AWESOME loose leaf tea and brew it at home. My favorite right now is the Maharaja Chai Oolong mixed with Zingiber Ginger Coconut (herbal tea). Mmmmm. I actually had some this morning!
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Earl Grey, 2 sugars!
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    To be fair, Teavana does have a few good teas, you just have to only buy the plain tea and avoid their fancy blends, which are always too weak for me. I have bought oolong, green, and black from them and all have been good. I'm not a fan of the actual store though, I think they're too pushy and too intense about the supposed health benefits of tea, but if I find their plain teas on sale I always buy them. I have a huge tin of one of their oolong teas that I got for 75% off and I drink it all the time.

My at-work tea is yorkshire gold, a strong English black tea. It's a good morning sort of tea and it's pretty inexpensive. It's not super fancy but it does the job.
  • Jen_Jennings
    Options
    I love just about all kinds of tea. I love good old fashioned orange pekoe, chamomile, chai tea, green tea, white tea, you name it I've probably either tried it or I'm interested in trying it. I love iced tea, hot tea, tea with and without milk, with lemon, sugar, you get the drift. I love tea!!! I was raised on it. I never knew there was such a thing as dessert teas though. Hmm, I'll have to check that out at the place in one of my malls called David's Tea, they've got a ton of different kinds in both loose and bag variety. I'll have to get the bag stuff of course, I don't have a tea ball - yet. :bigsmile:

If you do the loose leaf teas, I wouldn't use a tea ball. I wasn't getting a good brew with mine and I emailed the company I was buying loose leaf from and they said to use a basket strainer so the tea leaves can fully unravel. I bought 2 of them, one for home and one for work and problem solved.

I've heard of Davids tea but haven't had it before. I just looked at their website and saw a tea called Red velvet cake! I think I'm sold on that one :love:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Depending on how people feel about stevia (some people like it, others hate it), Sweet Leaf makes flavors that you can use to jazz up any kind of tea. They have English Toffee, Vanilla, Chocolate Raspberry, Orange (maybe others that I don't remember). I just recently tried the English Toffee and I like it (haven't tried the other flavors yet).
  • Jen_Jennings
    Options
    Never have tried that. I've heard it's a love or hate thing too. I'll get around to trying it one day I'm sure :)
  • katellanova
    katellanova Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I love tea! My favorite is souvia.
  • Jen_Jennings
    Options
    bump
  • Aurorakitty
    Options
    I get my teas from the grocery store but would love a tea filter so I can get it from the tea shops. Usually get Oolong, black and Chai. I like some fruity teas too but need to try more variety. Don't like Green tea at all. Usually have a cup every day. Don't have dessert teas though.
  • Jen_Jennings
    Options
    I bought my tea basket/strainer on sale for around $7 online. I have two so I could have one at work, lays right acrossed my tea mugs. You can also buy empty tea bags to fill up with loose leaf then you can just toss them out. They were cheap and large so you don't have to worry about them spilling out into your cup as the grounds expand. I use these in restaurants :)
  • klbaierwalter
    klbaierwalter Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I drink the Mango Ceylon Tea from Republic of Tea. I also drink the black morning tea from TAZO. Both of those are good and they are caffeine free and have no calories. Overall, I tend to enjoy tea more than coffee, because I feel like I can enjoy tea without having to put other stuff in it, I'm not a fan of black coffee at all.
  • Jen_Jennings
    Options
    I thought I hadn't tried Republic of Tea before but thinking back I think I bought some grapefruit vanilla tea from them a while back and I disliked it. It tasted too much like iced tea even when hot and I'm not into iced tea. I am afraid to try them again :(
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options
    I get my teas from the grocery store but would love a tea filter so I can get it from the tea shops. Usually get Oolong, black and Chai. I like some fruity teas too but need to try more variety. Don't like Green tea at all. Usually have a cup every day. Don't have dessert teas though.

I use the Ingenuitea teapot. Love this thing!!

http://www.amazon.com/Adagio-Teas-16-Ounce-Ingenuitea-Teapot/dp/B000FPN8TK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1347241362&sr=8-4&keywords=tea+infuser