flabby arms

Options
What's a good exercise for firming up flabby arms?

Replies

• AmandaTWaH
    AmandaTWaH Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I have an arm workout I do that is pretty awesome. Even with a 3 pound dumbbell I feel the burn and it has been great.

It is actually available on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjHCKDF0Z5o
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I lost an inch on my upper arms doing the 30 day shred, from day 2 to day 6. Honest to God. I measured right before I did day 2, and again after day 6 workout. My arms are one of my main concerns as well. I want to lose the flub that sags down lol.
  • eecruzmd
    eecruzmd Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I was going to ask the same question. Thanks for posting and for the bump!
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    bump! I am having the same type of problem so I am curious about everyone's response to this question.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    I made a silly mistake when I first started on MFP, in that I walked like crazy, still do lol! Lost a lot of weight and now got the arm thing going on!

So 3 months ago I started to do the tricep dips, arm curls, back lifting (not sure if that is the proper term) with weights.

It`s gonna be a long slow haul, as it took me all this time to get to get my waist down from size 18 uk to a size 10...mix it all up now cos I wish I had done it at the start ;-)
  • debjae
    debjae Posts: 242
    Options
    Thanks
  • sindeyp1
    sindeyp1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello, I went out and purchased 3 sets of hand weights. 3lb. 5lb. and 8lb. Do bicep curls at least 3 sets of 15 (I use 8lb). Then i hold the 5lb weights with my arms straight out . I do 20 circular motion forward then, 20 backwards. But you should squeeze the weights. I don't know the names but It has really worked. My arms are toned and less jiggly. Also, I lost 3 inches off my arms.

Do this or something every day!!!!

Look on youtube as well. They have great videos. If you need to see it.
  • mollyvon
    mollyvon Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    saving, thanks
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,239 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kgates121
    kgates121 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I found that rail push ups/counter push ups work really great for me. 3 sets of 10 - 3 times per week. Notice difference in just a couple of weeks.
  • ziggyc
    ziggyc Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    bump
  • IronTitaness
    Options
    I have some severe chickenwings :( But I have to say that weightlifting is doing it for me now :)
  • kgates121
    kgates121 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    @mermx "I made a silly mistake when I first started on MFP, in that I walked like crazy, still do lol! Lost a lot of weight and now got the arm thing going on!

So 3 months ago I started to do the tricep dips, arm curls, back lifting (not sure if that is the proper term) with weights.

It`s gonna be a long slow haul, as it took me all this time to get to get my waist down from size 18 uk to a size 10...mix it all up now cos I wish I had done it at the start ;-)"

I will try the tricep dips. Congrats on your progress!
  • geecee77
    geecee77 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Bumping, thanks for the threadx
  • flsl
    flsl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have an arm workout I do that is pretty awesome. Even with a 3 pound dumbbell I feel the burn and it has been great.

It is actually available on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjHCKDF0Z5o

Really liked this. Theres others there on youtube too.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    @mermx "I made a silly mistake when I first started on MFP, in that I walked like crazy, still do lol! Lost a lot of weight and now got the arm thing going on!

It`s gonna be a long slow haul, as it took me all this time to get to get my waist down from size 18 uk to a size 10...mix it all up now cos I wish I had done it at the start ;-)"

I will try the tricep dips. Congrats on your progress!

Thanks, good luck and to all you ladies out there...work all your body to get the best results...it is hard I know but it will pay off big time x
  • Ilangilang
    Ilangilang Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • jenjersnapco
    jenjersnapco Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    bump for that utube video when I get more time. ;-)
  • cwag_afw
    cwag_afw Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Bump. Same problem!