Peanut butter in oatmeal?

Options

Replies

• krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    If you like peanut butter in your oatmeal you should try nutella. OMG.
  • gaj87
    gaj87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I eat BetterOats Lavish Dark Chocolate Oatmeal and add a tablespoon of Peanut Butter to it after it is done cooking. Awesome.
  • cgraylyon
    cgraylyon Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I like it in after. The best oatmeal ever is adding a tsp. of cinnamon and a cut up apple. I cook it all at once. I love warm apple. :)
  • anbegley
    anbegley Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    We make a pumpkin oatmeal recipe that states you can add peanut butter if you like. We love it and add it at the very end of cooking (if oldest child isn't eating-he's allergic) and I add after dished into my own bowl (but still warm to melt through) if he is.
    Yummy. enjoy.
  • reagan1974
    reagan1974 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is SO Good in oatmeal. You add it at the end....then cook for 30 secs while mixing....I use natural PB and add a small amount of local raw honey.
  • gmpuggles
    gmpuggles Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I usually stir the peanut butter into the bowl after I cook my oatmeal.
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I personally add it after it's cooked, then lightly stir it in. If you cook it while the pb is in it, the flavor is not as pronounced, and sometimes I have to add more so I can actually taste the pb. Try cooking it with your cinnamon and other flavorings, then add a tablespoon of two of pb in the middle, and just stir it a little bit. It's soo good :)
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    HMmmm, I add extra water when making mine then add 2 tsp of almond butter or yeah, you could add a TBSP after cooking (like you would add butter...when serving.
  • DevonW32
    DevonW32 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Im gonna try this I normally use strawberries or banana's in my oatmeal..... peanut butter sounds really good!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Or you can eat it like this:

Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Squares

1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
    1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 cup milk
    1 large egg, lightly beaten
    1 large mashed banana
    1/4 cup creamy peanut butter

Mix together the quick cooking oats, light brown sugar, baking powder, kosher salt and ground cinnamon.

Add in the vanilla extract, milk and egg. Mix the ingredients together.

Then add in the mashed banana and peanut butter. Combine all of the ingredients.

Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 8 by 8 inch metal baking pan. Bake at 350 F degrees for 20 minutes.

Cut into squares and enjoy!
  • th3zim
    Options
    How do you do it? Do you put it in while it is cooking, or add it after? I usually put 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon in while it is cooking, then add a mashed banana, but I want something different. So should I put cinnamon in while it is cooking, and then add PB after? Or what?

Holy smokes! A tablespoon of cinnamon, can you even taste anything else?
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I always put it in after it's cooked, never had a problem.

I also put raisins or apples in it.
  • DevonW32
    DevonW32 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Or you can eat it like this:

Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Squares

1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
    1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 cup milk
    1 large egg, lightly beaten
    1 large mashed banana
    1/4 cup creamy peanut butter

Mix together the quick cooking oats, light brown sugar, baking powder, kosher salt and ground cinnamon.

Add in the vanilla extract, milk and egg. Mix the ingredients together.

Then add in the mashed banana and peanut butter. Combine all of the ingredients.

Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 8 by 8 inch metal baking pan. Bake at 350 F degrees for 20 minutes.

Cut into squares and enjoy!
    this sounds good Im gonna try this THANKS
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I put it in afterwards, and then just stir it up.
  • MrsT_2009
    MrsT_2009 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yes! Peanut butter is oatmeal is so good. I eat this for breakfast at work at least 3 times a week.

Mix together:
    1/3 - 1/2 cup rolled oats
    1/2 scoop protein powder (I use SunWarrior Vanilla - you may want more or less depending on the size of your scoop)

Add water to cover completely and let it sit for a minute or two then microwave for one minute. Stir in about a tablespoon of peanut butter, natural runny type pb seems to work best (I like Crazy Richards Crunchy)

Then I eat it with cut up strawberries and sometimes a few chocolate chips. Yum!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I cook it, then I add the peanut butter. The oatmeal will still be hot from cooking and it will slowly melt, just stir it in.

I love almond butter too, sometimes I mix nut butters with cottage cheese, I like it anyways lol.

You can always add flax seed, fruit/berries, apple sauce, cinnamin, milk/yogurt, bitter sweet chocolate chips (well anything in moderation, just watch your serving...1 TBSP would be fine.) raisins, honey, brown sugar, sugar subsitutes, Dried cherries or cranberries, chopped nuts, protien powder.... endless variations.

I love oatmeal.

You can also cook it overnight in the fridge.

http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal
  • jubeesh
    jubeesh Posts: 156
    Options
    I cook my oatmeal first, then stir in 1T Peanut Butter, 1T Cocoa Powder and a little sweetener. Its like a guilt free no bake cookie!
  • jrutledge01
    jrutledge01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    after
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I made some oatmeal with almond milk this morning instead of regular, then stirred in a tablespoon of peanut butter after it finished cooking. It was delicious! The peanut butter did not melt completely, but I have no objections to finding random little spots of peanut butter in my oatmeal. :)

Now I'm thinking about adding a smidge of cocoa in with it...
  • lshipley1
    lshipley1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wow! That sounds so good. I don't like cooked oatmeal for breakfast but that sounds like a cookie. Yum!!!!