What are your latest low/zero-calorie discoveries?

Options

Replies

• javagsd
    Options
    15 calorie no-sugar Popsicles
  • wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    If you've recently found something that is either low calorie or zero calorie and is currently rocking your world, I wanna know about it!! I recently discovered sugar free Torani syrups.. OMG, I love them. I bought the hazelnut one and the salted caramel one and I so look forward to putting them in my morning coffee :) I feel like I will never have to go to Starbucks ever again.

I use this in the caramel flavor every day for my coffee with a splash of almond milk :) I had used coffee creamer forever and quit it bcause of the calories. This makes me really happy!

Mine however was going to be sugar free jello with free whipped topping! I can eat a full box prepared with cream on top for like 50 calories or something like that! I don't actually eat the whole thing (I have 3 kids, like they would let me not share:) but if I couldn't stop that would be a great item to just let myself eat. I like all the flavors too!
  • kellygirl324
    kellygirl324 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    True Lemon and True Orange. They are little packet of crystallized fruit and have no calories and no artificial sweeteners. I am addicted now. I am going to get a bulk case on Amazon for ridiculously cheap now that I know I like them.

Check out their site first... www.truelemon.com
    Sometimes, they have buy one get one!!
  • wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    and popcorn that you pop with coconut oil and can top with a bit more if you want. I choose to just start with extra in the pan and shake it really good when done! I thought I would hate this, but like it more than butter!
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt dip with cauliflower. OMG I never will have a need for a bag of chips again.
  • Krista_1
    Krista_1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Craving pasta? Try spaghetti squash strands instead. You just cut the spaghetti squash in half, microwave for 6-8 minutes or bake in oven at 375 for 30-40 minutes. Take a fork and tease out the "spaghetti strands" and Viola! Instant pasta substitute! It really tastes great! :tongue:
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom vanilla ice cream - 90 cal. for 1/2 cup. You can put in mix ins of your choice and still have a fairly low cal dessert. I use sugar free Hersheys Chocolate Syrup, 1 tbsp chopped walnuts and 1/2 small banana. Almost like an ice cream sundae but without the whipped cream or cherry on the top. Delicious!!
  • toriann143
    Options
    popcorn - take 1/4 cup kernels, pour in a brown paper bag - fold twice. microwave. makes 1 cup popped. only 31 calories. comes out healthier AND cheaper! i add i can't believe its not butter spray :)
  • natuhlay
    natuhlay Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Shirataki Noodles/ 0 cals.

I second that! I love those. Just bought some today. :)
  • karenk89
    karenk89 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ang3h
    ang3h Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    popcorn - take 1/4 cup kernels, pour in a brown paper bag - fold twice. microwave. makes 1 cup popped. only 31 calories. comes out healthier AND cheaper! i add i can't believe its not butter spray :)

I am so planning on making my own popcorn from now on. I've been getting the HealthyPop stuff but it's still 110 calories for half a bag.. who eats only half a bag?
  • jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    PB2, air-popped popcorn, Sunburst golden tomatoes, Laughing Cow wedges with veggies or wheat thins. Not really DISCOVERIES, but they keep me happy :smile:
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Sugar-free gherkins! Zero calories, 1 carb per serving (2 pickles)... only downside is the sodium, but I'm hunting down some low-sodium gherkins!

This ^^^^^
    I love gherkin pickles what is the name brand? I live in Europe so I will have to find them online to purchase them. Vlasic bread and butter pickles are my favorite and sugar free. I have a Friend that sends them to me from USA.
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    and popcorn that you pop with coconut oil and can top with a bit more if you want. I choose to just start with extra in the pan and shake it really good when done! I thought I would hate this, but like it more than butter!

This ^^^^^^^
    I use to put hundreds of extra calorie from adding butter on my popcorn now I do not do that anymore. I bought the fake butter spray afraid to use it after some reports say it causes brain tumors. YIKES no thank you! I agree Coconut oil on popcorn does not taste like coconut and it tastes better on popcorn than butter to me.

I want to get my coconut oil in everyday and I :heart: popcorn so I leave room for my favorite snack and invented my own concoction that I love. Pop the corn in coconut oil, add a small sprinkle of pink Himalayan salt, sprinkle with kernel seasoning butter flavor popcorn seasoning, add kernel seasoning nacho cheese flavor just a few sprinkles of both 2 calories for cheese flavor, and butter flavor shake bowl. I next open 2 capsules of natures bounty High potency cinnamon that is 2000 mg of cinnamon, sprinkle it all in my popcorn (cinnamon is for health it is said to boost metabolism and lower blood pressure) shake bowl. last I open a small package of nunaturals nu-stevia and sprinkle it and shake bowl. I love this recipe I concocted and all for a small amount of added calories. Coconut oil boosts metabolism and improves thyroid function since I have hypothyroidism it helps me. The liver uses the coconut oil immediately so it does not have a chance to be stored as fat. I have 4 cups nearly every night of Popcorn. The cinnamon capsules are too large for me to swallow so opening them up and putting 2000 mg of cinnamon on my popcorn works great for me. You do not have to use as much cinnamon as I do and of course do not need the capsules just sprinkle it as you would the other seasonings. Popcorn is fiber and satisfies the appetite also easily. I count carbs but still make room for my Popcorn. :)
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    BUMP, cos I want some good low cal ideas :smile:
  • ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Bump although I don't think I can get a lot of this stuff in aus
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Lavash bread. Can use it for homemade chips or as crust for homemade pizza. I have a recipe for homemade veggie pizza with it that has only 235 cals for the entire pizza! (9x11) It's awesome and tastes great! Made with flax, oat bran, and whole wheat and full of Omega 3's and protein. I love it!
  • gwenr
    gwenr Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Lipton Tea & Honey. Its iced tea mix, either green or black tea with flavors like Blackberry Pomegranate and Peach Apricot. Flavors my water nicely for only 5-10 calories with no artifical sweetener aftertaste.
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    bump. Some of these sound so yummy have to try them.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Marlboro Reds

I like you.