HUMILIATED!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• badfattitude
    badfattitude Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ROTFLMAO !!!!!!! That was so worth reading thru 3 pages of comments Losing2Live69.
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Maybe view it as a compliment, he odviously does not see you as that size. Congrats on the loss so far

^ this!
  • LittleBallofFurr
    LittleBallofFurr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Wow! I feel for ya, nothing worse then that feeling where you are excited about your success and someone else shreds it. It is SO hard to loose weight and get it shape and stick to it. Im proud of you and so sorry you went through that. Things like that cut super deep!
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Why feel humiliated when you're actually doing something about it? There's no need to feel bad until you give up on yourself.
  • MCproptart
    MCproptart Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You should have responded like "yeah, they keep making that size since anything lower won't fit in all my awesomeness."

I went from a 20 to 18, too. We rock. :flowerforyou:

THIS!
  • wait_loss
    wait_loss Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Maybe view it as a compliment, he odviously does not see you as that size. Congrats on the loss so far

Coming from a guy. think of it that way. remember every women is either the size of our mothers or Marilyn Monroe which was a size 16 BTW.
    So yes please take it as the compliment. He obviously thought you were Marilyn. I have a large friend and I always think she is a 16 to 19 till we went shopping and out of respect let just say add on 8 to that. and xxxxl.
  • luvs2teachincali
    luvs2teachincali Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    It is SO TRUE that men don't understand women's sizes. When I met my husband I was wearing a size 16 but told him I was in a 14 because I was embarrassed about it. After we had our son I was a size 18 and I let it slip that I wished I could get back into my size 16's. Haha. He was so mad at me for lying to him. I was like c'mon how could you NOT know? Two years ago I wanted some new pajamas for Christmas. He bought me a pair and they were size L. I wear an XL. Luckily, the pants fit me but the top was too snug. I wore it once, before it was washed, and then told him it was TOO HOT to wear to bed... which was the truth. I'm a hot sleeper, I can't wear a long-sleeved flannel shirt to bed! I asked why he got me a Large and he said he thought I wore a large. At the time I was a little upset... like really? How can you NOT know your own wife's size? But now that I think about it, it really was a compliment. In HIS EYES I was/am beautiful and not that big. :D

I'm sure that your bf just doesn't see your flaws like you do. We are our own biggest/worst critics. Rock on because you are owning it! :D
  • LCgymnast
    Options
    Oh no! Don't let it get you down. I understand though how one moment can just make you feel really sad or vulnerable no matter how confident we are. Let that moment be the inspiration behind what you want your goals to be. Keep pushing towards how you want to look! I'll add you for motivation!! You can do it girl.
  • LisaLouisiana
    LisaLouisiana Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Just use it as motivation. He can't take it back so if he meant no harm, let it be water under the bridge....gone. What you do have control of is continuing to take the weight off. Do it for YOU!
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    He actually does have SOME clue as to what women sizes are, I talk about the plus size modeling industry a lot _ after this conversation he admitted he thought I was a 17 (does that exsist in jurnior sizes?) I told him womens clothes are in even numbers but yes he was close - but yeah - oh well
  • Tarek307
    Options
    if i was a realist i'd answer back saying BOO F'n HOO.... but i'm a nice guy and politically correct, so i'll say awwwwwww what a sad story!

ps: forgot to add, you should be happy you lost 2 sizes, dont see what the problem is

Proof men don't understand women's sizes......women know they go in increments of two......

Good work Agatha Christie...you got us all figured out!
  • thinjustfabulous
    thinjustfabulous Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    shhh, men! some so them are sure insensitive!
    but you know what, it's okay, my husband used to tell me that i can't diet more than 1 week, or since i'm a mother, i can't never be slim n so on n so on....
    I just make that into motivation and prove him wrong.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Recently I went into a store and a woman who looked to be in her upper 20's grabbed the size she thought I needed. She even looked at multiple tags until she picked the one she handed me to try on. She grabbed a size 14! I had to chuckle a bit and quietly I just said, "actually I wear a 6."

If a grown woman, in retail can get it wrong, don't worry too much about a male's understanding of sizes.
  • LupaNera
    Options
    Men are just men they don't have a clue... mine knows my size but just screws up with other things... I am starting to believe that genetics is there. Nothing to do.. still little babies that often just don't realize that they are going to hurt, offend etc.
    They usually notice that's something wrong when you just turn grumpy, and not speaking to them anymore.. and at that moment they will start asking what's wrong.
    The important thing is that the he loves you.
  • fatmom51
    fatmom51 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your BF is more clueless than hurtful. I wonder if he truly expected that women's pants are sized the way men's sizes are -- with an inch measurement for the waist. (Then, a size 20 really would be strange. In many brands, a size 20 in women's equate to about a 39-40 inch waist.)
    He loves you, and he's been with you as you've been losing, so I wouldn't stress it too much.
    Congratulations on your success so far and best wishes as you continue with your weight loss efforts!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Can't believe people are tearing up your bf on this. 20 IS a big size, it's an unhealthy size--that's why many of us our on here. I see it very much as not that your bf is dumb, but he doesn't SEE you as that size. I'm seeing a guy who sees his girlfriend as beautiful, and probably notices her weight loss more than herself, so that he's commenting on 20 because, well, guys don't generally know girl sizes, and that is a big size once they know.

It might have hurt, but hell, your boyfriend sounds like a sweet guy since he felt so bad once you talked to him, and like I said, it definitely sounds like he doesn't view you as "big."
  • miznilknarf
    Options
    Men don't know anything about size. Once my husband talked about a former girlfriend and said she was a size 6. We ran into her and she was my size. I said, "Wow, she must have gained some weight!" and he looked at me all confused and goes, "No..." She was clearly a 14. Not a 6.
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    Options

^^^ THIS!
  • hiddenaudacity
    hiddenaudacity Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Guys don't even know what womens sizes mean.....their sizing is all different. I heard on the radio about someone who thought that womens sizes were based on their age, so went to America (from Australia) and bought his g/f a bunch of size 20 Victoria's Secret bra's. She only needed size 10. We don't have Victorias Secret in Oz so he couldn't return them either. Hahaha! Silly boys.

Also, you only make fun of something like that if you think the person your with has no chance of getting offended...meaning he doesn't think of you as large. So that's a good thing.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    try not to let numbers get to you. do you feel better?:flowerforyou: