Always A
  • eireannyoung
    eireannyoung Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Used to be B, got burned and now my reaction is A
  • CassiusKnox
    CassiusKnox Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    When a complete stranger, either online or in real life, approaches you, unsolicited, and is overly nice to you, for no apparent reason, are you:

A. Cautious, and curious as to what scam they are trying to pull

B. Delighted, that the world is full of such super-dee-duper nice people

C. Annoyed, because overly happy people are clearly annoying

D. Fearful, because they're setting you up for an assault and are very likely a carrier of multiple diseases

Why would someone being nice to you solicit 3 really negative responces from you or 1 positive yet cynical response??

Why so negative? <<< serious question.
  • elcyclista
    Options
    When a complete stranger, either online or in real life, approaches you, unsolicited, and is overly nice to you, for no apparent reason, are you:

D. Fearful, because they're setting you up for an assault and are very likely a carrier of multiple diseases

Why would someone being nice to you solicit 3 really negative responces from you or 1 positive yet cynical response??

I was about to say the same thing. After seeing this and seeing the responses from everyone, I'll try to be less nice now. It's funny though how when you seem less nice, you get nicer reactions from people you talk to like, store clerks, customers or just random people. When you're being genuinely nice though you're looked down upon.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    A and C...

I reallllly dislike overly nice people!
  • stuckinsecond
    Options
    Gotta say A.

Which is kinda weird to say considering I've been told i'm that overly nice person at times.... So thaaaaaat's how I must come across to other people lol
  • sfuller911
    Options
    A
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    Cautious and annoyed
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    And...
    I was about to say the same thing. After seeing this and seeing the responses from everyone, I'll try to be less nice now. It's funny though how when you seem less nice, you get nicer reactions from people you talk to like, store clerks, customers or just random people. When you're being genuinely nice though you're looked down upon.
    See this string...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/733633-the-science-behind-nice-people
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options

B not enough people are nice anymore in this world so its always great to meet someone with a sunny additude
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Usually C
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options

Heck no be nice don't let these cynical people ruin your additude :D ( hell I think maybe most of them could try to be a bit nicer lol)
  • A and B. People are still genuinely nice, myslef included, but some are still evil.
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    Heck no be nice don't let these cynical people ruin your additude :D ( hell I think maybe most of them could try to be a bit nicer lol)
    I'm curious as to your thoughts on the other string...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/733633-the-science-behind-nice-people
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I can feel all of those, depending on the vibes different people give off :p

This. Different people give off different vibes and my reaction is based on those vibes.

That being said, I am a super nice person, but I don't always go out of my way to hold conversations with random people. I am nice in the way that I smile at everyone I pass and offer my help when I see someone who needs it. :) If a conversation sparks up, then great, but usually that only happens on rare occasions. ;)
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options

Sometimes A because I am a practical person and realize that not all people are trustworthy.

Mostly B because I am a happy-go-lucky type person and you never know when a friendly smile or hello might just make someone's day.

Never C

D would be possible if I was in an unfamiliar place, like when I travel or something (not really the disease part tho).
  • annmedford71
    annmedford71 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am all of them. Dealt with people in foodservice for 30 years. You never know what your going deal with.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    im caurious and fearful of everyone..ya never know about people of the world today..(thanks experience i had years ago for turning me into this)
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    B. - until they try to sell me insurance (or 'Watchtower')
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    A< I have seen that in my experience. Any one who is overly nice is actually over-acting. They will show their colours soon!!