Replies

• blueday617
    blueday617 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    $50 but that's just for the classes.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I go to Planet Fitness and pay 19.99, but that's for the "black card memebership". I get unlimited tanning, free personal trainer, 1/2 on drinks, can go to any gym in the country, etc. The basic membership is 9.99 if you want that.
  • skankamaggot
    skankamaggot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I go to 24hr fitness for about $38/month and on work days my company has an employee gym I can use for free. Unfortunately I live about 45 minutes away from work so it's not cost effective to drive there on my off days so I still need the other membership.
  • CandyTX
    Options
    Haven't read all the responses, but my suggestion is to get a 1 week free pass from one, try it out for a week, then try a few others and decide. Around here, 24 Hour Fitness was where I ended up because it was staffed all day/night, so I felt safer than Anytime. And the meatheads are at Gold's. LOL. It's different everywhere though.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    $50 for 50 passes at my local community center so I can work out with the old ladies!

Lasts me about 4 months using them 2-3x a week.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I buy my membership to 24 hour fitness through Costco and this gives me access to all 24 hour fitness locations in AZ and most locations in the US. The current price for a 2 year membership is $350 which averages less than $15 per month. Kids clubs is extra, but I'm not sure what the pricing is like because I don't have kids. I definitely get my money's worth and I really love the staff and the variety of equipment and classes. I've worked out in 5 gyms locally and recently worked out in a few gyms in San Diego while I was travelling. I prefer their newer gyms, so give it a look if you have on nearby.

I think the biggest thing is location and hours. If working out is too inconvenient, its easy to let it slide.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    $10 / month for Gold's Gym.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    I workout at home using a treadmill, and some free weights, but i take Martial Arts, and that costs me $125/month.
  • bradp1979
    bradp1979 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Golds is 28 per month, Planet fitness can be got for as little as 10 per month but ehh

Yeah, I did Fitness USA for a few months, same family as Planet Fitness. Horrible experience. The parking was way too small, actually almost got into a physical altercation over the parking. The staff was just a bunch of punks. The women were arrogant and *****y, and the guys were all just meatheads in their early 20s trying to show off for the girls behind the counter. My membership was only 19.95/month for the first year, and would have dropped to 9.95/month for the second year, but I'm much happier at my Snap Fitness gym paying $40/month.
  • bradp1979
    Options
    Another option is to buy a couple of hex dumbells and do it at home. My personal favorite is Spartacus workout. If you have an android or iPhone, the app is only like $2.00, and it's a hell of a workout. I can't do it more than three times a week.
  • nlwilliamson
    nlwilliamson Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    $16 per month, open 24/7 small but just what I like, has everything I need and could want. Even a cardio cinema :) big screen tv, tons of dvd's and its all cardio equipment instead of chairs, I love it :)

ETA: I go to Workout Anytime, month to month and great friendly staff and people (at my location anyway)
  • laurenw1992
    Options
    My local authority gym is £38 per month (the closer, private one is £55) - includes lots of things I don't use, like classes, sauna & badminton courts, but still works out better to be a member than pay per session:(

Still, as I'm never home any more, I cancelled our Sky subscription which was £50 per month, so I'm saving money by going to the gym LOL

haha, making a profit!

My gym is £52 per month, there's a cheaper one near me but i hate trying to work out with all the sixth formers coming in and just taking up machines without doing anything! It's worth the extra money!
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    $24.99 @ Gold's Gym includes Spin classes..
  • Chowder_17
    Chowder_17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    $10 a month at Planet Fitness and Free on the military bases
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I just joined Club Metro for $19.99 a month. That doesn't include classes...if you want those, you pay $39.99 a month. The classes weren't worth the extra $20 for me. I don't need to burn 1500 calories a day doing Zumba or spinning because I don't eat enough to justify it. I only want to use the resistance machines and maybe the occasional treadmill.
  • bradp1979
    Options
    ...work out with all the sixth formers coming in...

Ok, I'm curious, what are "sixth formers"?
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Retro Fitness is $20 a month!
  • emtb319
    Options
    The no frills gyms in my little corner of NJ are about $10-$20 a month. This does not include any of their classes. The parent friendly gyms (with a room for the kids) start at $40ish. The really nice ones with classes and everything included cost over $60 with some just under $100.
  • RomaCasalinga
    RomaCasalinga Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I live half of the time in America and half in Italy. My gym in America is $32 a month, my gym in Rome is 70 euro, which is about $90.
  • PhiliciousCurves
    PhiliciousCurves Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I pay $10 per as a member of Lady of America!