Options
    Greetings from a GEEZER and proud of it! :happy:
  • MyFamilyRox15
    MyFamilyRox15 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Name: Mendy
    Starting Weight: 273 lbs
    Current Weight: 257.5 lbs
    Goal Weight: 150ish. Or the healthiest weight I can reach.

Im very excited about this group. Im like a sponge at the moment...absorbing as much information as I can to help me change my lifestyle to a healthier one. Cant wait to share info and experiences with those who have similar goals and hurdles.
    I like that comparison to a 'sponge' thing you said.
    That describes me perfectly!
    I've only been here for 3 days and it's an answer to prayer!
    I haven't been this motivated in a l-o-n-g time!
    I have renewed hope.
    So far my goal that I'm working on is to be mindful of what I eat. So far, since joining here, I am on track which is a huge success for me.
    Plus, even though I'm not seeing any results on the scale or with my clothes, yet, there is a huge noticable result in my attitude towards myself which feels pretty good!!
    I hit a rough patch last night and this morning with craving stuff but I hung in there and glad I did! It was tough, let me tell ya!! But now I'm in the zone! Nothing feels quite so good!
    :smile:
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    You may have to edit the name of this topic to say GEEZER GROUP (aka 100+) Hehe. Not that we dont want funny older people in the group but just to clarify the group. :happy:

Bring it on!!!!!! lmao!!!!! I dont care how old you because if you need to lose more than 100lbs then you are welcome to this group and even if you dont need to lose that much we are still here to support you (especially when your walker gives out) j/k :wink:

he he he :happy: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mroper
    mroper Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 273 lbs
    Current Weight: 257.5 lbs

Im very excited about this group. Im like a sponge at the moment...absorbing as much information as I can to help me change my lifestyle to a healthier one. Cant wait to share info and experiences with those who have similar goals and hurdles.
    I like that comparison to a 'sponge' thing you said.
    That describes me perfectly!
    I've only been here for 3 days and it's an answer to prayer!
    I haven't been this motivated in a l-o-n-g time!
    I have renewed hope.
    So far my goal that I'm working on is to be mindful of what I eat. So far, since joining here, I am on track which is a huge success for me.
    Plus, even though I'm not seeing any results on the scale or with my clothes, yet, there is a huge noticable result in my attitude towards myself which feels pretty good!!
    I hit a rough patch last night and this morning with craving stuff but I hung in there and glad I did! It was tough, let me tell ya!! But now I'm in the zone! Nothing feels quite so good!
    :smile:

Yoopergrannie,

Im with you on the motivation and feeling good! :happy: Those things all lead to healthier lifestyles...I do believe its all about how you feel versus the actual number on the scale. I have noticed a dramatic change in my attitude as well and the energy level is thru the roof when I exercise and eat right. I still have my mornings where I dont wanna get out of bed :yawn: and work out but Im working on that because I sure so feel better when I do. And I definitely dont want to be in the same shape im in this time next year. So :drinker: here's hoping we can keep each other motivated and on track. This site is wonderful and very helpful. We are definitely making the right first steps!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I started out on MFP last April with an ultimate goal of losing 120 lbs. I have 70 lbs. to go. I looked at the thread because of my curiousity about the title. I am moving in a "geezerly" direction, as far as age, but don't consider myself "there" yet.:laugh:

Just want to wish everyone, young or old, every success. As many of us have discovered. MFP is THE place to find the TOOLS and the MOTIVATION that will CHANGE your life!!!:drinker: :drinker:
  • Magharabi
    Options
    Derp, I weighed myself yesterday but forgot to post results.

SW: 266
    CW: 265
    TW: 150 (I think is what is was. anyway, that's a healthy weight for me)
  • Magharabi
    Options
    Derp, I weighed myself yesterday but forgot to post results.

SW: 266
    CW: 265
    TW: 150 (I think is what is was. anyway, that's a healthy weight for me)
  • mroper
    Options
    Good morning GEEZERS! I hope you all had a good weekend. I stuck to my calorie goals and got in some good activity. I ate my yogurt and drank water for breakfast this morning and for some reason I am starving right now. With an hour left until lunch im sure I can make it....but Im thinking I should have had oatmeal or something today. :laugh: I brought a salad for lunch...and already logged it this morning. If I can just behave the rest of the day :ohwell: Plus with the rain here today may have to stay in this evening and do a video workout instead of walking....Im positive thinking today so maybe things will go really well this week. Good luck to the rest of you and "see" you on Friday at weigh in. :flowerforyou:
  • sdwelk11
    Options
    Just checking in on everyone! I did really well over the weekend except friday night we went for Soul food for dinner and I realized how bad the food that I used to eat is for me. I was up all night sick to my stomach and when we finished eating I felt tired and run down. Glad I don't eat those foods anymore and the next time I am thinking about it I will remember how that food made me feel!!!

Ready for weigh in this friday! Been walking the treadmill at work during my lunch for 30 minutes and I bought a couple of DVD workout videos over the weekend and started the first one this morning .
    I bought BIGGEST LOSER 30 DAY JUMP START AND BIGGEST LOSER LAST CHANCE WORKOUT
    I really like the 30 day Jump start and will use that one for now and work my way up to level 2 cardio and then start using the other video too.
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    :angry: I forgot to post. My weight stayed the same this week.
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Good afternoon guys! Hope everyone is having a wonderful week! :)
  • sdwelk11
    Options
    ok gang! Tomorrow is weigh in day! How did everyone do this week? I have been noticing that I am going over on my sugars and so I am looking for some other quick meal ideas that don't include artificial sweeteners. Other than the dreaded sugar thing I have done good all week. Exercised everyday, both on the treadmill at work (30 min/day) and my Biggest Loser 10 minute cardio workout when I wake up. I can't do more than the 10 minutes for now but it is getting easier so maybe sometime next week I can advance to level 2 of my video...

See ya all tomorrow for weigh in!!!!! :happy:
  • mroper
    Options
    Starting Weight at MFP: 273 lbs
    Current Weight: 255 lbs

Beginning weigh in with Geezers group 257.5
    Week 1 weigh in (01/22/10): 257
    Week 2 weigh in(01/29/10) : 255

Ive lost 2lbs since last Friday. :happy: Im very happy with that. I only got in 3 days of exercise but I drank lots and lots of water. Some days I didnt want that much water but I drank it. And I stayed within my calories all week with the exception of one day when I went 99 over. My goal for this coming week is to get in at least 5 days of exercise. Thank all of you for the motivation and support in this group. That helps me a great deal too...reading all of your posts, blogs and comments. Love you guys! :flowerforyou:
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Morning guys!!!

Last week I was 283.2
    Today I am 279.8

Yay, 3.4 lb loss!! :)

Grats Mendy on your loss!!! :)
  • sdwelk11
    Options
    WTG!!!!!!!!! Awesome job!!!!!

Today my weigh in was a loss of 0.4lbs!!!!!! Well at least its still going down but I know why I didn't lose as much this time. I have noticed that I am way over on my sugar intake!!!!!!!! WAY OVER!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

So as of today I am really watching my sugars!!!!!! We will see next week how it goes!!!!!!!! Gonna watch my sugars and workout harder!!!!!!!
  • mroper
    Options
    Way to go both of you!!! I think a loss is good no matter the number. At least the scale is going down. I dont have my food tracker set to track my sugar but maybe I should. I have it set to show my Calories, fat, protein, fiber and sodium. Wish they had room for us to track as many things as we want. hehe.
  • sdwelk11
    Options
    Way to go both of you!!! I think a loss is good no matter the number. At least the scale is going down. I dont have my food tracker set to track my sugar but maybe I should. I have it set to show my Calories, fat, protein, fiber and sodium. Wish they had room for us to track as many things as we want. hehe.

THAT WOULD BE NICE BUT SOMEHOW I THINK IT WOULD BE TOO MANY THINGS TO TRY AND WATCH... HE HE HE
  • sdwelk11
    Options
    weigh in is tomorrow everyone! Good luck and don't forget to post.
  • mroper
    Options
    Starting Weight at MFP: 273 lbs
    Current Weight: 255 lbs

Beginning weigh in with Geezers group 257.5
    Week 1 weigh in (01/22/10): 257
    Week 2 weigh in(01/29/10) : 255
    Week 3 weigh in (02/05/10) : 253

Well I will say this...my 2 lb weight loss is definitely not due to the last few days. I did work extra hard over the last weekend and ate great!!! Didnt cheat and didnt go over my calories. But 2 days this week I did go over! :grumble: I have had a pretty BLAH :indifferent: week. Just havent felt motivated to work out. Im tired and stressed at work. So I have enrolled in a new thing my employers are offering ...im EXCITED :happy: about it too. They are offering a 15 week "Eat Smart, Move More, Weigh Less" program. On Thursdays during my lunch they are offering a 30 min nutrition class then on Monday and Wednesday nights we will meet with a trainer at the local fitness center who will give us tips on proper exercise techniques and then we will work out as a group. ITS FREE!!! And if we complete the whole program we will get a half day off with pay. Cant beat that. It starts on Feb. 25th and lasts til June 10th. Im hoping that will be the boost I need to keep me motivated. Good luck to the rest of you today. Hope you all had a good scale day! :flowerforyou: