ChaLEAN Extreme

Options

Replies

• gmvanloo
    gmvanloo Posts: 100 Member
    Options

gmreber - Congrats on ordering ChaLEAN and thanks for the info on Shakeology. I guess my question about it is: is it supposed to be a protein shake of sorts, a recovery drink, a meal re-placer or what? Also does it contain a lot of calories? I am trying to become less and less concerned with calories and more with carb/protein/fat ratios but I still want to make sure I do not go over when I don't need to...

Have a great day everyone!

I guess I use it for all 3. I use it after a workout b/c it does have a lot of protein in it and it's very filling. I used to do a protein shake that I would be hungry in an hour. It didn't do anything for me. With Shakeology I would have my shake with a slice of toast and be good all morning.

I dont' know if you have looked up the nutrition information but here you go:
    Serving size = 1 scoop
    Calories = 140
    Fat = 1g
    Fiber = 3g
    Protein= 17g
    Carb = 17g
    Ratio is about 50/50 protein and carb, not really any fat

By the time you had a banana and milk your looking at round
    Calories = 350
    Fat = 4g
    Fiber = 6g
    Protein = 27
    Carb = 54
    Ratio is about 60 carb/30 protein/10 fat (I think that's a pretty good meal) .

Let me know if you have any other questions!
  • gmvanloo
    Options

My skeptical husband has decided to do this with me (he has been back and forth for weeks) and we are out to buy the weights over the weekend and start on Monday!!!!

Oh yeah my husband says "I'm not working out to videos!" What does he think it is buns of steel. I can tell you if I was a guy and I looked at Tony Horton or any of these guys I would be pushing play all day!!! I can't get him to do P90X no way will he do ChaLean!

melissaovadare - good job on having your husband join you!
  • ZeldaCat
    Options
    Thanks for the Shakeology info, I will definitely look into it. My boyfriend was just saying that he would like to get some sort of shake for his runs...

Back to BC1 for me today - this is the last week for the Burn Circuit and then on to Push (...I think!) I might throw in a cardio workout or some abs as well...We'll see how I'm feeling!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Hope you don't mind...I was here a while back...but have been distracted so I haven't posted on the thread! I have one more week of PUSH and then I'm on the LEAN phase of CE.

My husband has been doing ChaLean Extreme with me since Day 1...and he loves it! His body fat has gone down and his biceps are huge! So, its definitely not for chicks. (haha, Zeldacat-- maybe I should have my husband post so your husband will stop thinking its just for the ladies... haha!) In fact, we had to go buy more free weights so he could increase during the PUSH phase. During the PUSH phase we really really pushed (no pun intended) ourselves to lift as much as we could to get to failure. It totally works. His abs are WAY more noticeable as well (wish I could say the same but I've still got some jelly in my belly) Also, make sure you aren't "skimping" out on going heavy. I was scared that I would bulk up...but its been the opposite, my biceps are toned and SO much smaller! I can wear those cute blouses with tight sleeves!

I'm going to join this thread if its okay. I'm in a Turbo Jammers group too, but I'd like to follow up with all of you on the ChaLean Extreme as I finish up my last month and a half!
  • ZeldaCat
    Options
    Welcome back Dawna! You're more than welcome to post here, I personally love hearing from people who have had good results with the program - it is motivating!

I wish my boyfriend would do CE with me! He agreed to try P90X with me after I finish CE so at least I have that to look forward to!

How heavy do you go with the weights?
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Welcome back Dawna! You're more than welcome to post here, I personally love hearing from people who have had good results with the program - it is motivating!

I wish my boyfriend would do CE with me! He agreed to try P90X with me after I finish CE so at least I have that to look forward to!

How heavy do you go with the weights?

Thanks for welcoming me back!! It will be so much fun when your boyfriend does P90X with you. I don't know...but there is something sexy about working out with your significant other. We get a lot of bonding time in...and we encourage each other lots with "high-fives" & verbal encouragement.

I now lift about as heavy as Janelle (Chalene's sister- back row) on most of the workouts. (I didn't in the burn phase- I lifted about as much as Laylee---although I should have lifted more if I would have known the results it gives!!) I use 20 pounds on all lower body workouts & the rows. I use 15 pounds on biceps, bench press, overhead press & triceps. I use 10 pounds on the smaller shoulder muscles. I don't use 8 pounds unless its my warm up set- but I never use it during the actual workouts on the PUSH phase. I did use it more in the BURN phase...but I am determined to "GO Heavy or GO home!" And...it has definitely worked. I've lost 22 pounds, and lots and lots of inches. I've gone from a size 13 to a size 8/9.

gmreber, I might have missed it...but do you use Shakeology? I've been wanting to try it (we just use the GMC chocolate stuff), but I didn't want to make the big purchase if I didn't know if I would like it. I know Chalene really talks it up in all of her blogs and exersizes and things.
  • ZeldaCat
    Options
    Good Morning,

Dawna - I agree that it will be awesome when we do P90X together! I think it will help motivate me to do it everyday and maybe even to push harder so that I am better than him :laugh:

Wow! So did you lose all that weight and inches from CE or were you doing something else before or during? That's fantastic! I don't have too much to lose but I feel kind of squishy ya know? I need to tone up and gain some much needed strength.

BC1 for me last night and C25K W3D2 today at the gym at school...have a great day!
  • ZeldaCat
    Options
    I forgot to ask -

Does anyone have a pfd of the CE food guide? My mom gave me CE after she bought it and never used it but lost the food guide....
    Thanks!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    I forgot to ask -

Does anyone have a pfd of the CE food guide? My mom gave me CE after she bought it and never used it but lost the food guide....
    Thanks!

If no one else has it readily available, I'll see if my friend will let me borrow it... She's on the 2nd phase, so I just borrowed the DVD for phase 1 from her. LOL
  • ZeldaCat
    Options
    That would be great, thanks!
  • gmvanloo
    Options

gmreber, I might have missed it...but do you use Shakeology? I've been wanting to try it (we just use the GMC chocolate stuff), but I didn't want to make the big purchase if I didn't know if I would like it. I know Chalene really talks it up in all of her blogs and exersizes and things.

I do use Shakeology! I'm planning on having it tonight for dinner. I used to drink it every morning for breakfast but after the Holidays so I got out of the habit but now I'm going back to it! I miss it so much! I love the stuff. Honestly I think I'm feeling a bit tired and worn down b/c I'm not drinking it! I told my husband this morning I need to get back on it and he agreed b/c he loves it too.

I posted earlier that I've tried so many protein shakes or shakes in general and nothing compares! I love Shakeology, especially the chocolate. It's like a milk shake!!!

I'm a registered Beachbody Coach (see link below) so if you're interested you can go to my site and check it out. They do sell it in individual packets as well. Great for traveling.

I could go on and on about the benefits of it but you are welcome to visit my site and explore! Let me know if you have any questions.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Good Morning,

Dawna - I agree that it will be awesome when we do P90X together! I think it will help motivate me to do it everyday and maybe even to push harder so that I am better than him :laugh:

Wow! So did you lose all that weight and inches from CE or were you doing something else before or during? That's fantastic! I don't have too much to lose but I feel kind of squishy ya know? I need to tone up and gain some much needed strength.

BC1 for me last night and C25K W3D2 today at the gym at school...have a great day!

I also do a lot of cardio. I run 3 times a week, and do Turbo Jam/Turbo Kick (Chalene Johnson's workouts) 2-3 times a week as well. My schedule kind of goes like this:

Monday - 45 min Turbo Kick + 35 min CE
    Tues - 45 min run
    Wed - 45 min Turbo Kick + 35 min CE
    Thurs- 45 min run or Burn Intervals
    Fri- 45 Min Turbo Kick or Burn Intervals + 10 min Abs
    Sat- 45 min run + 35 min CE
    Sun- Rest Day

I would definitely recommend doing cardio between strength training sessions. (not necessarily on the days you do CE) Stick to strength training 3 times a week, so your muslces can recover. And do cardio on the days inbetween. I did the Burn Intervals the other night, and that was AMAZZING- great cardio workout. I swear by Chalene Johnson's workouts...I've been following her products for the last 8 years and I am currently a Turbo Kick Instructor (hence, the reason I do it so often...I'm typically working on my routines to teach or actually teaching). Teaching Turbo Kick is just something I do for fun at a local college just once a week.
  • ZeldaCat
    Options
    Dawna - That's quite the schedule you got there! Sounds like a great setup! So did you have to get certified to teach Turbo Kick? It sounds like it would be a great way to get your exercise in.

I agree Burn Intervals is a GREAT calorie burner! I usually burn about double what I do on C25K, which surprised me at first...

Anyway, have a great workout today! BC2 for me tonight, maybe I'll throw in some Burn Intervals too...!
  • melissaovadare
    melissaovadare Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies!!! I feel so left out of the thread lol.........I am starting Mon or Tues, depending on when I get my weights.......I am going to try to do doubles on the non-cardio days by doing kickboxing or something......I know I need to change my view on weight loss, but I feel like there is not enough cardio!!!!!

I like the food guide, I will follow it loosely.......I am so excited, especiallly since I want to be able to show my husband that I am strong, and have the will to change my body!!!!!!!

I am afraid I will get so strong, I will start arm wrestling people at the bar or something LOL

HAPPY FRIDAY :bigsmile:
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Last Burn Circuit for me today - Can't really believe how fast the time has gone. Looking forward to the Push Phase!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Good Morning Extremers..haha!
    Last night I did a nice 40 min Turbo Kick session followed by ChaLean Extreme. Saturday is my last day in the Push phase, and then I'm onto Lean! I can hardly wait!! Today I am feeling it... I increased my weights last night and my muscles are begging for mercy today. Like Chalene always says... its kind of sadistic, but I like feeling the pain and soreness the next day (as long as its in my muscles) because that means I worked my body! Yahoo!! I burned less calories last night doing my CE workout, which suprised me...but I think its because I'm getting to the end of this phase, and my body is getting used to it. Luckily I get to start the Lean Phase on Monday!!

You ladies crack me up! I really like this thread!

Zeldacat- I love the C25K program, I started that last summer to start getting myself in shape. Its amazing how far I've come since I started that. I used to be a runner, and that fell along the wayside when I got married. But, C25K started me on this great journey of becoming more fit! I think I'm going to throw in the Burn Intervals tonight...something about it seeming like Boot Camp really gets me fired up. Haha!

melissaovadare- Hahaha...I like the arm wrestling idea! You'll definitely have some guns to show off!! I'm excited for you to start CE!! Did you order the select techs? Or are you buying the free weights from a store? My husband really wants the Select Techs...but wayyy too out of my price range right now. Maybe once I get a bigger place.

Duffyzmom- It is reallly crazy how fast time flies with these programs. My husband begged, literally begged me to do one more week of the Push phase because he loves it so much. We also missed a full week of doing CE at the beginning of January because we were on vacation. So, I didn't mind...but I'm too anxious to get onto the Lean phase!

gmreber- Do they ever do any samples of Shakeology? I currently use a shake that I find tastey and good for me...but like I said, I've wanted to try Shakeology I just didn't know if I wanted to spend the money for it quite yet. From what I've seen its a little pricer than the stuff I generally use. $120 compared to $30. I know the shipment says its 30 servings for the bulk...is that 30 servings of 1 scoop? But, my curiosity is getting to me! Haha! My husband isn't a fan of bananas...is this shake something where you can just add milk and still taste okay?
  • ZeldaCat
    Options
    Dawna - Glad you like the thread! I love C25K so far, I have never been a runner and in fact have always had trouble with endurance training, but so far I really look forward to my 3 runs each week...we'll see how I feel in another week or 2 :laugh:

I know what you mean about liking the muscle soreness after a weight workout, it's such a feeling of accomplishment!

Mellisa - I can't wait for you to start either! Keep checking in and telling us how it's going for you. I personally need to get some heavier weights so I might actually do one more week of the Burn phase, so we will be doing it at the same time:smile:

I would love to get some of the SelectTechs but I definitely do not have the money right now! I will probably pick some free weights up at Wal Mart this weekend.

Duffyzmom - Congrats on your last week of BC!! I'll look forward to your comments on the Push phase.

Will check in later,
    Yasmine
  • immacookie
    Options
    I'm loving the C25K also... and no I've never ran in my life. I just finished week 1 for the second time (just a tad out of shape) and looking forward to moving onto week 2 on Sunday!

I still need to get heavier weights for CE, I'm just repeating week 1 until I get them and can see how I do. I've looked around at Target/Walmart/Sports Authority and these seem like a pretty good deal: http://www.amazon.com/Cap-Barbell-40-Pound-Dumbbell-Set/dp/B000VCDXNS

Now I just have to get around to ordering them. :embarassed:
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Brangwen: That is an excellent deal! I just bought the similar set of 30lb - I picked it because I like the padded grip and my husband has a set of powerbars that go from 15-85 that I can use. I got my set for $39 at a local sporting store.
  • immacookie
    Options
    I would prefer the padded grip too, but I figure I guess I can wrap them or something. We'll see. I'm going to check ****'s this weekend and if they don't have anything (in stock) that I like I'm just going to order those.

edited - ok apparently my sporting goods store name got edited out for being a bad word... hahahahahaha (D*ck's)