Ladies, if you have a job interview do you wear pants

1235»

Replies

• EvaB93
    EvaB93 Posts: 101
    pants ! with a dressy top.
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    It depends on what kind of job. When I interview for office jobs I always wear nice, dark pants, a blazer, and a blouse with color. My shoes are always flats because I don't wear heels no matter what. Anyway, my jobs often require a lot of moving around. One job I had to walk through construction sites and factories.

When I first went back to work after staying home, I applied for a job in a small metal shop office. The boss told me I got the job for 2 reasons. First I arrived on time for the interview and second, I was wearing a dress. She had interviewed a few other people who came in dressed in jeans with blue hair or were very late or any number of things. The office was a jeans office since it was a metal shop but the dress made an impression at the interview.
  • I wear a basic black suit for most interviews with some color in the blouse, but muted accessories.
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    The one that you are most comfortable in!
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Depends on the job. My current job is in the office of a manufacturing facility. Dress for normal work day is jeans, gotta have steel toes at hand in case I want to go to the plant, and dresses are frowned upon for safety reasons. So for all three interviews I wore dress slacks. My interviewers were in jeans or khakis.
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    well fit is what counts. Not too good though.
  • cobes24
    cobes24 Posts: 132 Member
    Haha! It's funny 'cos I'm British ;)

This made me chuckle. :)
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    I've only had two job interviews, but I wore skinny jeans to both.
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    I'm going to go against the grain here and say don't wear what you feel comfy in or what you would wear day to day. Interview is a time to impress. Perhaps if you wish to stay in fastfood, go ahead and dress casual but I can tell you it probably won't help your cause.

I either wear a suit or something with a professional jacket over it. Nice jackets are a must, IMO, even in summer. When you look confident and like you know what you're doing, you most likely will project that to the interviewer.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    I always wear the same black/white pinstripe skirt and jacket, with a white button-down blouse. That skirt suit must be over ten years old. The skirt's kinda big on me now, and awfully long. The jacket I could never quite button... Maybe it will, in a few months! :wink:
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Sure! Pants are fine for interviews.
  • uyent
    uyent Posts: 88 Member
    I wear a pantsuit, usually black or a darker color. I add in a little bit of color on the top but I always have a jacket on. And heels of course to feel confident! But of course, as someone said below it depends on your field. I'm a scientist so I tend towards pantsuit.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Pants, dress or skirt, depending on multiple factors.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    It depends on the job and the weather. I would feel quite comfortable wearing pants to an interview for just about any job I'm likely to be applying for.
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    How do you people wear suites to work?

Suit. It is a suit, not a suite!!!

Suit up!