Tell me all about your animals

Options

Replies

• Kira2767
    Options
    2 cats.
    Zaphod is a 14 year old, long haired chap, mainly white with a black patch on one eye, a black patch on his back and a dark coloured tail. He can be such an old grump at times, but he is still very sweet. He spends his whole day eating and sleeping! Then Kira, who is a 10 year old short haired grey (almost silver) who is so adorable. My husband says she is actually an alien from the planet Zog. I'm sure she thinks she is actually still only 4 months old! It can be so funny when the two of them decide to "play", they just run ragged round the house chasing each other and then they suddenly stop and just stare for a while, then go off in opposite directions as though nothing happened. :-)
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    We have 5 dogs total...

I have a big kennel with a run attached and our 2 big dogs have full run of it. We have a 8 year old Male Rottweiler (my second rottie) named Ozzy. and a 7 year old Female Lab/Husky Mix (she is more Husky looking than lab but LOVES the water) they are together constantly, one won't go anywhere without the other...

and inside are our lil fur kids, we have 3 Bichon Frise... Abby is the oldest (9 years old) and runs the house and yes that means the big 140 lb. Rottweiler bows to this lil 14 lbs. girl.. She puts them all in their place in the dog pack... LOL then there is here sister (5 years old) Gracie and their lil brother (4 years old) Brutus.... They all get along great and are a joy to come home too...

Ozzy and Maddie
    DSCF2159.jpg

Her highness Abby!! LOL
    2012-05-04_09-36-29_347.jpg

All 3 on our OBX trip in April
    2012-04-29_11-15-09_535.jpg
  • vinsonh42
    Options
    I have 2 dogs. Sammy our oldest at 8 yrs old. He is cocker spaniel and thinks he is just ferocious when people come to the door and he barks like crazy. He is a real sweetheart though. Just loves to get some lovin. He doesn't have long curly fur because we keep him shaved down since he looooves to get shaved. He was the runt of the litter that we bought him from but now he is bigger than most cocker spaniels. Then there is Maximus (Maxie for short) He is a big yellow lab. He is about 2. He is soo loving and thinks he is a lap dog. He smiles too. He has barked maybe 6 times in his life which is fine we made the mistake of teaching Sammy to bark and now he does it all the time. Maxie loves to cuddle. Both of our dogs sleep in a bed with someone and have their own pillows which they use.

I have 2 guinea pigs. Well they are my sisters but she moved to FL with my gma and couldn't take them so they are my responsibility. Oldest is Spunky McLovin. He is almost 4. He is a sweet thing and a whopping 13.5" long. He is pretty round too. He likes to cuddle in your arms and watch tv while sitting on your lap. He loves carrots too. Then there is Munchie. He is a squeaker that one. He voices when he is hungry or when he is out of water. He loves for people to be around but he is not found of people he doesn't know trying to pick him up.

Then there is my baby. She is a Chinchilla and her name is Chinchii. She is almost 4. I got her as a christmas present from my uncle. He took me to get her and i fell in love with her. She was the last one there and she is amazing. So fluffy and playful. I love her so much. I love all my animals. One day when my bf and I are married and living together in a house we are going to have more animals. =]
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Hey OP: Your post made me tear up. I love animals - they're a gift. Kudos to you for sharing your home and your love!

And thank you for starting this post. What fun!

My husband and I have one dog: a 13" beagle we adopted in 2006. She's about 9 now and the second love of my life (second to my husband). She was a stray for a short while. A family found her wandering the streets, picked her up, and called the number on her collar tag to let her owners know they'd found her. The owners told the family they could keep her - they didn't want her back. Grrrr... makes me so mad that people just dump animals. Irresponsible flakes!

Long story short, she came to us. She's got separation anxiety and it sometimes drives me (and our neighbors) bonkers. But she is always there to greet me when I come home and she celebrates with such happy bouncing, running around in circles, and yipping like she can't contain her joy. I will never doubt that she loves me, and my arrival brings her joy. She loves her old, tattered, stinky duck toy. She'll watch me put it in its bin, then go drag it right back out. It's always someplace around our house, and rarely in her toy bin. She can sleep ALL day like a princess. She sleeps in the bed with us and will stay there until we make her get up (even if it's after noon!) Every morning at 5:05 she wakes up and growls at something - still haven't figured out what, even though she's been doing it for months. She loves my husband sooooo much. He's the center of her world. She knows she's not supposed to be on the furniture unless invited, but she knows she can get away with it when we're not home. It's amazing what you can learn from setting up a video camera then leaving the house. She knows the word "leash" and will go get it when you say it. If you put on her harness and leash and are taking too long getting your shoes on she'll pick up the handle end of the leash in her mouth and come push it into your hand. She knows the command "bring it here". If you point at something and say it she'll bring it to you. If something falls on the ground while I'm cooking she won't rush to gobble it up. She looks at it, then me, and waits for me to say "OK" before she'll eat it. That comes in handy when it's chocolate or onion or something else I wouldn't want her to eat. She hates water. I could go on, but I won't. I love, love, love that little girl.

Dogs are such an incredible gift to us. All they want is to be with us, to make us happy, and to be loved.

It must run in my blood: my mom & dad have 5 dogs and 9 cats - all strays that wandered to them. Each is unique and special and equally loved. They also have a huge house with a guest house and acres of yard... so no overcrowding. I think they want grandkids, but since I'm taking my sweet time they have grandpets instead!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I've got a yellow Labrador named Peggy. She cool . . .
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    we are all animals.
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    I have a Chiu-Weiner (half chiuhuaha and half min weiner dog LOL) named Rocco.
    A huge black and white cat named Mr. Meower
    and an Albino Burm. Granite Python named Pyro that is about 4 ft long. He is actually my son's snake, but I take care of him more so I consider him mine. I love them all....
  • nis75p06
    Options
    9 horses: Falchion, Blossom, Heartly, Willie, Gizmo, Hadha, Anna, Anduril, and Glory.
    1 rat terrorist er, terrier: Domino
    2 cockatiels: Mickey and Millie
    between 4-10 feral cats that just show up to eat - the ones that can *almost* be touched have names: Todd, Mini-me, and Ebony

I don't think I missed any...
  • JamieAlexandraX
    JamieAlexandraX Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have 5 cats, Bubble & Squeak, Smokey, Ginge & Hamish.
    Squeak is a ginger and white male (he was bought for my birthday 2 years ago)
    Smokey is a cross british blue who is coming up 2 this year
    Ginge is a ginger and white (father of 4) very playful hes coming up 2 also you would think he was still 8 weeks old the way he goes on.
    Bubble was a rescue cat we guess her age is about 3, we didnt know that she hadnt been spayed so didnt think anything of it, one day i came in and Ginge had her pinned on the tabled... Dont think i need to say anymore lol, got him off her straight away but the deed was already done. She had 4 beautiful kittens they have gone to family members so we can still see them when we want and know how they are doing.
    And Hamish i bought off someone who was going to dump him on the street if no one would buy him. He is only 7 month old.
    Im such a sucker for animals, i really want a medium sized dog but i think having the 5 cats is enough for now.
  • jooonesy
    jooonesy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have 2 cats, Simba and Felix. My husband and I adopted Felix from a co-workers who couldn't keep him any longer because he had a baby with respiratory issues. He's 8 years old and he's a black and white (but mostly black) fat cat (think Sylvester, but overweight). We adopted him overweight about 4 years ago and he's slowly but surely losing the pounds. He's a sweetie who is very playful and talkative. Our other cat, Simba, I've had for 18 years as of August. He's gray and white (mostly gray) and I call him my "old man". Him and Felix get along famously; Felix is pretty protective of him so we're one, big, happy family.
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have a cat named Murrey. He is 2 1/2 years old. I got him for free from a newspaper ad. The house he came from was overrun with cats, dogs and children, which I think had a negative impact on him. He is afraid of everyone except for my boyfriend and I. He is skittish and frightens easily. He spends most of his free time sleeping in the closet on top of a pile of clothes. He isn't the type of cat to snuggle up on your lap 24/7, but he does sleep at our feet every night. Every morning when I wake up, he is sleeping next to me in my boyfriend's spot (he leaves for work earlier than me). He also loves to be brushed. He has many nicknames. He probably wouldn't like you.

4672148570_c301379ea2_z.jpg

5107580025_41d37cae74_z.jpg
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I used to breed & show my himalayans, now they're older, they just eat, sleep & cuddle. lol! :love:
  • taralc1
    taralc1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have 4 dogs. Saint Bernards 1-male Samson 1-female Rumba (roomba), GSD-Huck, and Yellow Lab-Dusty. They are all spoiled rotten and I cannot blame anyone buy myself.
  • hersheythecat
    hersheythecat Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I, too, have a Jub Jub. He is a Bearded Dragon, though, not an iguana like THE Jub Jub;-) He loves taking baths and running around the house, though his vision is pretty much peripheral, so he runs into things.

Yeah... I'm not the only beardie lover. I have a 4 year old bearded dragon named Fargo. he's currently the only animal in my house.

In the boyfriend's house we have 4 rescues.

Annie - Pit/Dalmation mix - she's 14 years old and sadly on her last legs. Imagine a thick pit body on teeny weenie dalmation legs.

Nikki - Boxer/Pit mix - she's 3. She came to live with us at the age of 1 and was suppose to be there 6 months while her owner got back on her feet. Sad to say, owner never came back to her. Nikki claimed me as her momma... have crazy person in neighborhood threaten to kill her because she's got pit in her, saw said neighbor hit my dog, MOMMA BEAR went crazy at this guy and sadly ended up going to jail for defending myself and the dog. Charges got dropped because we had pressed charges against him first.

Crystal / Daisy - both adopted at same time. Both a year old now. Crystal german/beagle mix and smart as a whip. Crystal is lab/goldie mix and dumb as a bag of rocks but the sweetest little girl you will meet.

We have our hands full sadly.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    all 4 of my birds are rescue birds...1 of the cockatiels was in a small dirty cage at the pet store and I threw a hell of a fit but they finally turned him over to me. I was LIVID. I didn't even pay for him. Then there is Casper and Elvis and then my senegal Kiwi.

Then the cats.... the only male in the house is named Lucifer -- satans spawn, Haley, Tabbi, Zoe and "my" Ms. Kat Von C. (if there were a Great Pyrenees of the felines..she would be it.

then my son has a schipperke (Buddy) who acts like he's rabid all the time (he's not)..but he likes one person and that person is my son.

and then there is Draven my snake. the best pet EVER! :) No mess, no fuss!

then I have 2 raccoons that call my deck home along with 2 squirrels ...and an alfred hitchcock movie full of wild birds that I feed two times a day.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    My furry kid is a 4-year old purebred Great Dane named Sequoia (that's her in my ticker). She is our 3rd Great Dane, and we adopted her 2 years ago.

Simple math tells you that Sequoia was 2 when we adopted her... We adopted her from a 'breeder' who had purchased her as her foundation dam (paired with a gorgeous black male). When the economy went south, Sequoia was spayed. Later the breeder got the itch to breed again and introduced a new puppy into the kennel and--shocker!--Sequoia was not very kind to the puppy, so Sequoia had to go. The breeder's loss, because Sequoia is a super sweet girl around the house. She is a little socially inept with other dogs: she likes to be alpha and doesn't really know how to play well, and she sees small dogs that run from her as prey. We've been working through this and in controlled circumstances she's pretty good, but I pity the dog, cat, or other animal that happens to venture into our yard uninvited.

When we first brought her home, my husband acted all angry because he didn't think we needed the hassle of a dog in our life, so I was the one to feed her and take care of her. Since then he has come around (he's the first one up in the morning so he always feeds her breakfast (and he's been sneaking her peanut butter)), but she's still MY dog... If I go out of the house, even if my husband and son are in the house, she'll stand at the door and cry until I come back. She's great with our son and sleeps in his room every night. She LOVES giving kisses. She LOVES head-butting my husband in the crotch (because, although it's the lowest form of comedy, there truly is nothing funnier than a nut shot :laugh: ).

We adore her, and know we will be heartbroken one day...
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Oh yay! my kind of post!

Starting oldest to youngest:
    Mira Bask, my 16 year old Arabian/Paint mare, whom ive had since she was 4. she thinks shes a lapdog and not a 1000lb horse. she loves mountain dew and banana chips. I can lay on her back and prop my feet in between her ears, but when she runs its like the wind. fastestt horse ive ever ridden.

Suki, my moms 9 year old cat. We got her at about 7 weeks, because of a car ride in an engine that left her with a crushed hip. the woman whose car she was in simply said " oh well. i hate cats". So mom had her vetted. we didnt think shed ever walk, even if we could save her. she chases my dogs and is the most mean spirited animal ever....except to mom. she tries to crawl into moms skin just to get clos
    Parker, my 7 year old husky/ german shepard boy. he was a neighbors dog....until the neigbor shot him and decided not to feed
    him anymore. he was born to be a house dog, and hes he kindestt, most sensitivr soul. Hes my fluffermuffin and i adore him! He squeels when you bathe him or pick him up, prompting many cops being called on me when he gets a.bath. Our vet hates to vaccinate him because "he just looks so damm sad! like i kicked his soul!" hes terrified of yhunder, but braves it to protect me if i go outside in the rain.

Rogue, my 6 year old pit bull/curr mix. we were at the lake when a red ball of fat roly-poly wobbled to my fiance for cheetos. heer owners said they were giving her a final day of fun before taking her to the pound. they were going to get kicked out of their apartment because of her. My fiance said, before they finished, "WE'LL TAKE HER!" he went to work offshore, and left her with me for his 14 day hitch....and he moved in when he got home. now i tell him ill sue for custody if we ever split. shes an advocate for bully breeds, and makes everyone she meets fall in love.

Then we have 3 year old calico fiend, Ziva. barely two pounds when she ran feral into my arms to avoid being eaten by a neighborhood dog, and she has ruled the roost ever since. she spidermans off furniture and chomps jer teeth at you when shes mad, right before whopping a dog. we affectionately call her DisasterCat, for the wake of destruction she leaves.
    Half of the terrible twosome.

We couldnt have a terrible twosome without disasterdog, or 3 year old husky/shepard Harley Quinn. two months seperated from Ziva, shes the offspring of Parker when he escaped our house to visit a lady down the road. all five pups got wonderful homes, and Harley came to stay. shes a trained zombie attack dog (seriously...just say "daddys a zombie!" and she bites the hubby.) wherever Ziva is, you know Harleys not far behind. Also known as Pirhanna face due to her habit of chomping everything for no reason.
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    YAY! I'm a huge animal lover... The ongoing joke in my office is that I can watch a 'Feed the Children' commercial and it does nothing for me... but as soon as I hear the song from the ASPCA commercial - I run out of the room crying. Sad, but true.

I've got 3 furbabies. 2 dogs and a cat. All rescues. Never bought an animal, never will. 2 year old Cha-weiner (Fiona) we inherited when she wandered into a neighbor's yard as a puppy and they couldn't find her home. So we became her parents :). We also have a 4 year old Border Collie named Dudley. He's the smartest, sweetest dog ever. Only thing is that the FEMALE Chaweiner is apparently Alpha male; and he follows her when she decides to be a turd and wander off.

And then we've got a 9-ish year old cat named Rhea Bea. We became her parents after her orignal mom (a coworker of mine) sadly passed away. She loved that cat. So, I promised to give her a good home - and our home is the best! :).

I love my kids :)

my3kiddies.jpg
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Oh yay! my kind of post!

So much funny in this post! Loved it =)
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Oh, I failed to mention:

Animal people are the kindest, best people EVER. :flowerforyou: