Weighing In

How frequently does everyone weigh in? I like to weigh myself daily, but to see fluctuations of even the smallest amounts is discouraging. I'm thinking I need to weigh myself less. Any suggestions? Once a week probably won't cut it for me.

Replies

• danblood
    danblood Posts: 20 Member
    I go for Thursdays

Friday to Sunday is where I'll probably have bigger meals; weighing in on Monday isn't a good way to start the week. By Thursday I've been living for a few days in a row on well balanced meals and cycling to work!

But if I ever get an urge to weigh in more often, I try to leave it 48 hours at least!
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Once a day for sure and read and use this

http://physicsdiet.com/
  • I personally weigh myself every day, but I only take an 'official' weigh in once a week. I don't get discouraged if the number goes up. I track my daily weight in a spreadsheet so that I can see the trends. If you do weigh yourself daily, you can't let yourself get easily discouraged. Otherwise, you need to only do it once a week or so.
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    I officially weigh AND measure myself fortnightly and write it down on my iPhone apps.

However, I do like to have a sneak peak every 2-3 days just to give myself a boost but I ONLY do it if I know for a fact that I have done well to ensure minimum discouragement. :bigsmile:
  • I wish I could say that I weigh in weekly, but to be honest I weigh myself every morning after I use the bathroom. TRUE STORY. I just feel like it keeps me accountable. They say it doesnt help you, but for me it does.
  • I prefer Monday mornings first thing. I was doing it every day but was getting depressed seeing no changes......and because of that, I'd go through my kitchen like a tornado eating every chocolate stash I had!

So personally, once a week works just fine for me :)
  • dannytrees1
    dannytrees1 Posts: 123 Member
    Every day just after my shower in the evening before supper.

But I understand what others meen, I put on 1.2 lbs yesterday and couldent beleave it
    I'm having fun with MFP and feel positive that my goal will be reached.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    I weigh pretty much every day but unless it is Friday morning it doesn't count.
  • mel72281
    mel72281 Posts: 7 Member
    Think of it this way, what good does it do obsess over your weight? The scale doesn't reflect anything immediately. Chill out girl, you got this!!! Stop being sooooo neurotic! :wink: :heart: you sis!
  • carolebville
    carolebville Posts: 140 Member
    Wednesday is my weigh-in day; but I do sneek a peak everyday === I don't fret over it because I know that my weight can change daily. I've lost almost 1 lb every week. I just make sure I exercise (walking) to help along the way. It keeps the body toned!
  • wrobes
    wrobes Posts: 43 Member
    It is as hard as hell and takes mega discipline but my trainer will only let myself weigh in every 4 weeks. In between that time i need to rely on how my clothes feel to know if i am putting on weight or losing it
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    I am not emotionally attached to the number on the scale. I expect myself to be up the days after my heavy weight days, and my long run day. Doesn't bother me in the slightest - I know all it is is water retention in the muscles. I also know that I tend to gain a bit of weight around ovulation, drop it, drop to a new low, put on more weight for tom, drop it, then drop to a new low. As long as by the month I drop about as much as I would expect based on the numbers, I don't care about the daily fluctuations.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    I weigh myself everymoring, but no weight counts until it has been seen for three days in a row. That way the little fluctuations don't phase me. It's all a mind game,and those are my rules. If its 205, 206, 205, 204, 204 then the 205 counts. If the next day is 204 THEN I get to enter 204.
  • Julietrower
    Julietrower Posts: 1 Member
    I weigh every day but only count Wednesdays as my weigh in day.