• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me want to get back into cycling. >.>
  • Reese61477
    Reese61477 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Just think of it as liquid awesome!!

I sweat a lot too when I workout, which is an improvement over when I used to sweat because there was just too much weight on me.
  • chamgiggz
    Options
    I have never literally dripped sweat. I don't like sweating, because I don't like the smell of it, but it never comes out in drips. I think whether it comes out in drips depends on the person rather than on the workout - I remember at school I had a friend who always sweated in drips during hot weather, while I had no visible sweat at all.

I use to think I never sweat, it could be 100+ degrees outside and I would never sweat...then I put 2 & 2 together...I hate drinking water, so since I have been drinking 8+ cups of water each day, now when I work out, I have to be careful to keep drying my face or else it will start dripping into my eyes
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I hate sweating. I always feel like I've been dipped in a day-old barrel of cold sweat. When the sweat is dripping off me, I smell like I've been peed on. :angry:
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I wish I wore contacts more often or could take my glasses off! My eyesight isn't too terrible, but my eyes take forever to adjust and my depth perception is just horrid, so I end up bumping into things and hitting my face on the floor during Burpees. Lol~!

Sadly, as a contact wearer, they are no better because they(atleast for me)feel like they are drying out and i have to constantly keep blinking because they are moving around. O.e

I haven't ever had that problem from working out specifically
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    My eyes friggin suck! I hate wearing my glasses when I work out. I had them tightened recently and that helps, but I prefer my contacts when I'm doing cardio. --- and I also really hate sweat, but love the feeling after a workout! If I am sweating, I usually did something right. :)
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I didn't start the dripping sweat until I really started drinking a lot of water so I really never had that "look how much I sweated" in school thing where everyone would brag. Now I have sweat running into my eyes and I love it because my fiance will look at me when I come dragging in to take a shower and I'm like look how much I sweated today!!! He laughs and congrats me because he knows I worked my butt off and it's like a trophy to me every time I work out.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    Love it, but it can be a bit bothersome on the bike, with nothing to wipe it out of my eyes. C'est la vie, the pain is worth it.
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    It's annoying when it just won't stop lol And it burns your eyes but even though my hair's always all over the place I feel super hot covered in sweat...I probably don't but whatever.
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I just pretend I am a water bender when i am dripping sweat :laugh:
  • NoleGirl0918
    NoleGirl0918 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Sweating tells me that i've done a good job working out - when i go to the shower (or leave the gym if i'm going home), my clothes are drenched in sweat! i have a very busy schedule & work out 5 days a week, so when i go to the gym, i want to leave there knowing that i made the most of my time. Granted i might not look my best at that moment, but i've done something to get myself healthier :smile:
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Since I'm not about to stop sweating, I have come to a place where I celebrate my sweat. I love it when I have earned that sweat - I purposely wear light gray t-shirts! It doesn't even sting when it runs into my eyes anymore, I'm so used to it. I have never been one of those cute little girls who just glows and the tiniest little wisps of hair curl at her nape. I am red faced and soaked through and my hair looks like it'd be a good brillo pad in a pinch - and I don't stop sweating for about half an hour after I'm done working out. So, I had to make my peace with it. :blushing:
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    lol i am like that now i can feel the sweat dripping down my back...all the way down my leg...and i feel worn out exhausted...but truly i feel GREAT!!! yes i just got done with a workout and had to come log it and saw this topic!! lol
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I love it:) When I'm running and I can feel the sweat drip down the back of my arms and hit my legs, When I take off my top and it weighs 3-4 times what it did dry. I found headwraps that absorb enough sweat and don't give me headaches so I'm not dealing with crazy amounts of sweat dripping down into my eyes.

Please share this information. I can't seem to find any that work.
  • ravengirl1611
    ravengirl1611 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Since I'm not about to stop sweating, I have come to a place where I celebrate my sweat. I love it when I have earned that sweat - I purposely wear light gray t-shirts! It doesn't even sting when it runs into my eyes anymore, I'm so used to it. I have never been one of those cute little girls who just glows and the tiniest little wisps of hair curl at her nape. I am red faced and soaked through and my hair looks like it'd be a good brillo pad in a pinch - and I don't stop sweating for about half an hour after I'm done working out. So, I had to make my peace with it. :blushing:

I think we're twins and like you I made my peace with it a long time ago - I figure if Im sweating I've earned working out so it's all to the good!!
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I sweat in the most oddest places I sweat in my knees like WTF is up with that
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I wish I wore contacts more often or could take my glasses off! My eyesight isn't too terrible, but my eyes take forever to adjust and my depth perception is just horrid, so I end up bumping into things and hitting my face on the floor during Burpees. Lol~!

I have the same issue. I talked with my eye doctor who introduced me to Rec-specs. They are rubberised frames that I can wear while working out and they do not slip. I look a little dorky, but at least I can see.
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    The feeling after you have one of those workouts, and jump out of the shower in to some clean clothes. yus.
  • Sylkwyrm
    Sylkwyrm Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    If I'm not dripping in sweat by the time I'm done working out I feel disappointed. At the same time I'm annoyed when sweat drips into my eyes. My solution? Sweat bands! I got some cheap ones here:
    http://www.3rdpoweroutlet.com/solid-green-sweatbands.html?utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cse
    but they are starting to fray and although they work, they leave a silly imprint on my head for about an hour after I work out. Still worth it. ;-)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I used to HATE sweating, it was like my body didn't want to give it up for some reason so I'd have to get miserably overheated first which just felt like torture. Thankfully the more fit and trim that I've become, my body has adapted and it doesn't take nearly that much to get the sweat flowing - so now I LOVE it!

As far as odd places go...that's usually when I know I've totally killed a workout session...there's sweat all the way down my legs not just in the usual spots.