Pumpkin Cheesecake Bread

Options
MaryJane_8810002
MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
Only-500-Calories-for-the-WHOLE-loaf.jpg

The Entire loaf is only 500 calories! This is great for Autumn, I am going to use Truvia and whole wheat pastry flour:

Batter:
1-1/2 c. pureed pumpkin
1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce
1 whole egg
3 egg whites
1 c. all-purpose flour
2/3 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. Stevia Cup For Cup sweetener
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. ground cinnamon
1/2 t. ground nutmeg

Cream filling
8 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1 T. all-purpose flour
2 egg whites
1 t. vanilla extract

1. For the Batter: With an electric mixer, beat the pumpkin, applesauce, egg, and egg whites on medium speed until smooth. In a separate bowl, combine the flours, Stevia, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Slowly mix the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture.
2. For the cream cheese filling: Beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, egg whites and flour until creamy and smooth.
3. Grease 2 8x4x2″ loaf pans. Divide half of the batter between the two pans. Pour half of the filling in one pan and the other half in the second pan and smooth with the back of a spoon. Top with the remaining batter.
4. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Don’t overbake or your bread will be dry on the edges. Cool and remove from pans. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
One serving (2 slices) = about 100 calories

Replies

• FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    yum so you layer the batter and the filling then put more batter on top and then bake it?
  • squeakylynn
    squeakylynn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering the same thing. Why 2 pans? Do you get 2 loaves or what? Is the filling baked between layers or put in after it is baked. Not very good instructions. sorry. Would love to try it.
  • dasaucywench
    dasaucywench Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it makes two loaves and as I read it, you bake the filling with the batter. Sounds good!!
  • yocando
    yocando Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Though that sounds fabulous, just adding the ingredients alone, it has to be more than 500 calories..
    I'm sorry- but just add them up... it would definitely be more than that for the whole loaf.
    I'm not going to keep that recipe- because I could easily snarf it down and convince myself I only ate 500 calories..

Believe me- rationalizing my eating habits is an art I've perfected!
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: THANKS!!!
  • lizajanetoo
    lizajanetoo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Yum

I just did a calorie count for it and the 1 cup of flour alone has 400 calories :(
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    amazing!!! This sounds like heaven!!!
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Because the recipe makes two loaves of bread. The bread bakes over the filling. I've made the regular versions before!

....or maybe not--doesn't seem to have enough pumpkin for two loaves.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m9u3k64WSs1rnw7ato1_500.gif

slkdjdfk;sja;khdlfssghdklfs
  • laurakaylene
    laurakaylene Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • katiebrew
    katiebrew Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LindaZ5
    LindaZ5 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump! I love pumpkin!!
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Sorry, the nutritional info is WAY off. This is not 500 cals for the loaf. More like 2222; or 278 per slice (assuming 8 slices). Probably meant 500 cals per serving.

pcheese.png
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Though that sounds fabulous, just adding the ingredients alone, it has to be more than 500 calories..
    I'm sorry- but just add them up... it would definitely be more than that for the whole loaf.
    I'm not going to keep that recipe- because I could easily snarf it down and convince myself I only ate 500 calories..

Believe me- rationalizing my eating habits is an art I've perfected!

You're right--it has 1,119.25 per loaf. If you visit the recipe website, there's a huge red disclaimer/apology because the blogger had calculated the calories based on the cookbook the recipe came from, assuming they were correct.

http://www.sundaybaker.net/2011/09/pumpkin-cream-bread-low-calorie.html
  • nikkiw283
    Options
    omg. i have to make this this weekend!
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Um yeah...I want to eat the whole thing...in one sitting! This will require A LOT of will power!
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    You're right--it has 1,119.25 per loaf.

Try double that. :laugh:
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    yummy!