pushing yourself during exercise

Options

Replies

• Symonep
    Symonep Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My trainer is in my ear telling me to keep going...I don't know if I like it that she is so quiet. Though it does mean that you are are always aware of your surroundings and not stuck listening to the whinging in your head...
  • SelfSabotage
    SelfSabotage Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Some really good advice here, thank you all. I am gonna try some to see if it will help a little more. I am always looking for something new to tell my self, as I am such a great debater within my own head LOL :)
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    work, hustle, kill.
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    "It just burns, it won't kill you." I actually did a blog post on this this morning.
  • moonpieto
    moonpieto Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Must. Get. Back. To. The. Car.
  • moonpieto
    moonpieto Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    :sick:
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    A few of mine are...

"It's supposed to be uncomfortable.. When you are uncomfortable, you are improving"

"You can slow down, but YOU CAN NOT WALK"

"You don't have to run tomorrow, so just get through this and you will be done for a while"

"If this was supposed to be easy, everyone would be doing it. Stay tough"

"Do Not Stop, You Got This"
  • shesabattgirl
    Options
    For me, I usually think of a time where I pushed myself farther than I have before, i.e. half marathon or running 10 miles on the treadmill, and know that if I can do that I can do this.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    When I got comfortable swimming one mile, I figured I'd work my way up to 2 miles. So I shot for 1.5miles next. But when I got to 1.5 I thought only 20 more minutes to break 2 miles and just kept going. No I swim at least 2 miles when I swim.
    One day I got a little carried away and did a 5K in the pool. But I have setled in to 2 miles then weights.
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    my mantra is "My head is giving up, my body can do this" or "I'm not tired, I'm lazy... move faster"

^this.
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I often talk to myself and sometimes arguments occur
  • strikeout
    Options
    Yes, when im out and about I do the same, have to walk back home. Now that I am doing Cardio at the Gym I close my eyes and focus on breathing and try to push myself to the next calorie mark from 173 to 180 ect. With weights I just try and give it one more good push after I feel spent.
  • timmymon
    timmymon Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I always end my long runs with an all out sprint. That last push is what makes you stronger and faster! Same goes with lifting and pretty much anything else. Go as hard as you possibly can!
  • jdcoop79
    jdcoop79 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    "Just until that light post" "just until that curve in the road up ahead" "just 10 more" etc etc... and once I get there, I nelson laugh at myself and Jillian myself into going longer and further, because I'm sadistic like that.

I'm definitely a numbers person, though. If I can concentrate on bigger, better numbers, it motivates me.

Me too! "Just until that mailbox" etc.
  • ktmmom189
    ktmmom189 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I DON't I suck at exercise :(

lol I needed that smile. I do try but it depends how tired I am to be honest. Like tonight after a full day of work, cooking dinner, making breakfast, lunch and dinner for tomorrow well I don't seem to have alot left. Pushed through 20 mins of cardio. I did do a 5 mile walk today. Somedays if I do just one more crunch then I did the day before I am a happy camper
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I think "What would Brett do?" and I keep going!
  • megtastic80
    Options
    I tell myself... 'my mind will quit, long before my body does' and if that doesnt get me through, I look at the pic of me with no top on that I have stuck on the wall (home gym)
  • ccckwalk
    Options
    suck it up girl and work it!~Corina
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    DO IT!!!
  • oker673
    oker673 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    "It's almost over! I have to finish this!"