Lovely 5'8ish ladies!

Replies

• I'm 5'8
    SW: 125lbs
    GW: 118lbs
  • jenjersnapco
    jenjersnapco Posts: 206 Member
    Oops, posted in this thread 6 weeks ago. Answer hasn't changed.
  • Hi! :smile:

I'm 5' 9"

HW: 164
    SW (when I joined MFP): 156
    CW: 144
    GW: 140
  • I am 5'9 almost 5'10 and aiming for 180 :) I look really good at that size plus I have a ton of muscle.
  • im currently 5'7.5 and weighing 143.5 pounds (at least thats what the scale said this morning) my goal is 130 ((Its going to take a **** ton of commitment but i want it )) =)
  • seamstar
    seamstar Posts: 29 Member
    i would like to be under 165 so bmi health calculators cannot call me "overweight."
    as of now my bmi is 30.4, which down right sucks.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Great thread to read others thoughts... I don't have a definite weight, OK well maybe I do, it used to be 135 (um...yea I've been told that's unrealistic but that number has always stuck in my head for whatever reason) but I think if I had to pick one it'd be more like 150?

That still sounds heavy to me but I know it's mental so please no one be offended because that's not my intention in the slightest.

I think what I've decided is seeing how my body likes 160 or so and go from there. It's hard to NOT pick a number but I also want to be realistic and am doing this to be healthy not to be a certain clothing size.

For me it will likely come down to body fat % since I don't think #'s mean that much regarding lbs. We're all built so very differently and I don't want to stall my progress by holding fast to a particular #.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    I don't have a goal *weight*. I just want to get to my 'happy place'... I gauge my success on how look and feel.

I'm 5'8.5", large-framed hourglass. I have always been buxon and curvy.

Not long after I was diagnosed with PCOS and hypothyroidism, I was at my highest weight: around 250lbs and wearing a size 18/20. Today I'm in a comfortable 16. I still would like to tone up more and lose another dress size or two. (My goal is a size 12/14.) I realize that, even when I reach my goal size, I'll still be considered "plus sized"... I don't really care as long as I'm healthy and happy with the way I look. :-)

I disregard the scale and only weigh myself once every few months to make sure I'm eating enough for my weight, and to keep my HRM measurements accurate. I run and Zumba 4-5 times a week, eat back my exercise calories, and am getting stronger and healthier by the day! YAY!
  • medennison123
    medennison123 Posts: 191 Member
    I love tall ladies.
  • oker673
    oker673 Posts: 139 Member
    5'8" aiming for 167 to start and will pick an UGW when I get there.
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    I'm 5'8 exactly but I appear longer and taller. My goal was 125 but at 129 I started to look super skinny and I prefer a more toned muscular look. So my new goal is unknown. But I'm thinking 131-134lbs depending on my body fat and definition.
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    I'm 5'8

Goal weight is a fit 130-135.
  • I'm 5'8" and my current weight is 112 pounds, but I'm hoping to maybe get to 120 eventually with muscle gain, though the thought of that scares me right now, I know it would be the healthiest thing to do.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    I am either 5'7" or 5'8"

SW: at least 265
    CW: 149
    LW: 144
    GW: 130-140 (probably 135)

I apparently have a huge rib cage.
    My body tends to hover around 150.

I am smaller now than what I was in high school.
    Probably even middle school.

Honestly, I would be happy with 145-150 if I could drop this remaining stupid body fat.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    oops... double posted.
  • GabyG69
    GabyG69 Posts: 213
    Hi I'm 5'8" I think lol and my goal weight is anywhere between 150-155. I am currently at 170!
  • Not sure if anyone has posted this already, but it will totally help. :happy:

http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    6'0'' Goal weight 180 lbs to 200 lbs
  • I'm 5'8" and my weight goal is 130. I'm currently 152.
  • It_never_ends
    It_never_ends Posts: 105 Member
    5'8 Goal 120 pounds. I have a small frame. Anything over 130 and I look chubby. Current 152. I know a girl my height who was 115 and she looks perfect so I think I'll look amazing at 120.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!