Options

Replies

• MarshallCroft
    Options
    In the Persian Gulf... Litterally. 'Bout to set off some "fireworks."
  • kittybear86
    kittybear86 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I was 14 years old in the 8th grade in middle school.
  • HeidiYolanda
    HeidiYolanda Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    In upstate NY in a Anatomy & Physiology class at Maria College. No one could believe what was happening downstate. They let all the schools out early and my husband left work early. He's from NYC and he was frantically trying to get ahold of his mother, who was in Manhattan that morning and his sister who was a courier at that time working in Manhattan. It was really scary and there was no phones working and no way in or out of the city obviously. We watched the coverage on TV and waited days before we heard from my mother-in-law and sister-in-law. Thank God they were safe and our hearts still ache for all the families and people who lost their lives and lived through that horrible day.
  • RoseAmongThorns91
    RoseAmongThorns91 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Sitting on a family friend's bed doing my 5th grade math (I was homeschooled) while all the adults in my family were at my great-grandfather's funeral.

*I'm now serving in the Navy with my husband.*
  • elpiper
    elpiper Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    at school, watching it all unfold on tv
  • marsviolet
    marsviolet Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am in Australia. At the time I was 14, and when my mum woke me up for school she said "there has been a terrorist attack on America." I didn't really get the severity of it or why she was even telling me. I put the TV on while I was ironing my uniform and I remember being completely in shock and scared about what it would mean for the world.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    I was walking to the caf to get something to eat before my class. Found students and professors huddled around the main big screen. I remember the shock I felt when my professor later on said "terrorists"...I was so naive. The radio was creepy silent all day...I skipped my evening classes and went to church with some friends and just cried and prayed. It boggles my mind what people went through that day...</3

Truly changed my life and how I look at the world, politics..just so many areas.
  • lpeterson
    Options
    It was my freshman year of high school and one of my friends showed up late to first period and told me what happened to which I told him to stop making stuff up. Not more than 30 seconds later there was an announcement made about two planes hitting the twin towers and we watched TV in all of my classes the rest of the day.
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I was on my way to work when I heard the news. I was listening to a comedy morning show on the radio and they started talking about it. I thought it was all made up because of the show I was listening to and thought it was horrible to make up such stories, so I shut the radio off. When I got to work and walked into the breakroom people were gathered around the tv watching the coverage. The moment I realized the attack was real I felt my stomach roll and immediately started thinking about all those people stuck in the first tower. I was standing there watching the live coverage when the second plane hit.
  • Delovelybella87
    Options
    I was in ninth grade science class second period thinking wow is this for real!
  • karylee44
    Options
    watching it on tv at home with my son.....
    lost a highschool classmate on the second plane to hit the towers.
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I was at work when someone came in and told us what had happended, we then had to get permission to watch it on the internet, it was so shocking to watch and my heart went out to those people.
  • mindphluxxx
    Options
    I had just come home from school and walked into my house to find my Stepdad and his workmate watching the news about it. We all just sat there in silence watching the coverage :(
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Sitting in Spanish class in 7th grade. The prinicipal knocked on the door and took the teacher out. She came back in crying and told us there had been a terrorist attack. After that the 6th, 7th, and 8th grades went to the church for the rest of the day just talking, praying and sharing stories if anyone had any relatives there. Went home and watched all the news coverage with my parents.
  • FelicityEliza36
    FelicityEliza36 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I was 18 years old. I worked at a Nursing home and we were serving breakfast - saw it on the cafe tv.
  • maximus184
    maximus184 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was in boot camp for the Navy when 9/11 happened. I remember coming back from Chow and my Petty Officer and Cheif came in the barracks with a radio and told us to listen to this **** that is happening in New York. I remember them saying "this is what you have signed up for, and now its time to take out some punk *kitten* terrorists, so yall need to get your *kitten* in gear and get out there and FIGHT for what we stand for."
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I was in the student center of my college eating breakfast before class and they were showing it on TV. The had mentioned on the radio as I was driving in a "Plane had hit the twin towers" and the radio DJs (logically) assumed it was a small plane, a Cessna etc, which have run into sky scrapers before, and they hoped no one was hurt, and went back to playing music. Nothing else was said about it. By the time I got to campus the place was mobbed and the TV's that normally show music videos and sports highlights on "College TV" were tuned to CNN. We all watched both towers fall live on television. I'll never forget it for the rest of my life.
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Picked up from school, after my first or second day of secondary and my first rehearsal with the First Orchestra. My dad had it on the radio, and I remember thinking 'what's going on?' He wasn't talking to me, except to tell me to listen.

One of the girls that moved up with me from primary school lost her uncle on the first plane.
  • DarleneRobillard
    Options
    I was walking in the hospital for a mamgram and show it on TV.Mamgram went well but Heart acked for all who were losted.
  • fromfattofine
    fromfattofine Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I was at my son's school, walking around on the playground talking to other parents when his teacher walked up to me and told me about it.