Question for the ladies

Options

Replies

• diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Maybe, just maybe, she's wondering ''why does he keep looking at me?'' Say ''hi'' and see where i takes you!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I had a guy, about 20 years older than me, approach me at the gym and say "didn't I see you running the trail this morning?" "No." He walked away. 10 mins later he came back up to me while I was in the middle of a set, wrote his name and number on my workout sheet and proceeded to show me how to do push-ups. Total creep vibe.

Your plan sounds much better :)
  • Tisha9377
    Tisha9377 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I say life is WAY too short so give it a go, but I would ease into it! A smile first to make sure you get a smile back, then a hello the next time.. followed by a how ya doin.. Baby steps... I agree that Confidence is Sexy... Be brave and Be bold... Shy guy or girl getcha nowhere!!! Good luck!!!
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Bring an extra water bottle and offer it up. I'm sure she'll come up to you after the workout and thank you.
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Go for it! Though I would phase into it. The next time you see her at the gym, smile and say hello as you two pass each other. If she gives you a huge smile back and responds the same you know you are golden.. then the next day, make small talk with her asking about her day, then follow up asking if she would like to grab a cup of coffee sometime.

This gives you a chance to interact a little and give you the opportunity to gauge what her response would be, before asking her out for coffee.

Good luck!
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Put on your big boy pants and ask her to coffee.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I would be flattered by that approach, even if I wasn't actually interested. But it sounds like she's giving you some signals. I say go for it. If she isn't interested and she's anything but polite in her rejection, she's a jerk. Just don't interrupt her when she's concentrating. Wait until she's between exercises or clearly cooling down.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    As long as you keep it light and don't seem like you're crowding her like a creeper, I don't see why not!
    If she says no (more fool her!), then just say "Okay, couldn't hurt to try :smile: " and go back to your work out. Try some flexing to make her quibbly, she might change her mind :wink: Let us know how it goes!

Gimme a break, she's the one staring at him. He's not the one who has to worry about being the "creeper".

She's obviously throwing signals.

First, make friendly (not staring) eye contact with her, and let her break it. Acknowledge her existence.
    If she breaks it quickly with no expression or blows you off - don't apologize, you then tell her to stop staring at you.
    If she smiles or maintains it for a bit, walk up at some point and say hello.

From there, she might be attracted, or maybe not... or she might just want to talk about form/technique. But she doesn't get to stare at you, while refusing to talk to you.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I CAN TELL YOU THIS- last night I was at the gym and had my head phones in as usual, a guys tried to talk to me, I said I cant hear a word your saying, and I kind of snapped at him lol, then my husband walked up- and i said the same thing the same way lol, then i took em off to talk to my husband-the guy said are you together, and my husband said shes my wife...lol...(wah-wah-wah).:laugh:

Go for it. YOU NEVER KNOW:bigsmile:
  • Klaks
    Klaks Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ask her!!! But don't do it when she's ya know... doing something really intense. When I workout really hard I would just want to punch the person who dared talking to me ;)
    Keep it casual and let us please know how it went! :)
    Good luck!
  • Aloetheresophie
    Options
    haha i love it!!! do it :D
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    It shows she is interested in you from glancing at you occasionally so just go up to her and carry on a light conversation with her. She's probably to shy to come up to you.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Girls love sincerity and straightforwardness, and it sounds like you've got both those down, if you approach her like that. Go for it!
  • Jennaissance
    Options
    I say do it but it wouldn't hurt to ask around first to make sure she's single. It would also be great if you could catch her in the parking lot pre-workout. I hate talking to people at the gym while I wipe my face with a towel. Post shower is good too.
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    i would soooo respond positively to that......be confident, jump in and just do it.....you are right, you will regret it if you don't say something.....if you don't ask, you don't get.....the worst she could do is tell you no.....but if she is single, i doubt she will.....:)....good luck.....maybe you could let us all know how you get on.....we're cheering for ya!!!!:)
  • SMJ1987
    SMJ1987 Posts: 368
    Options
    Do it, 100%. At the very least she will probably be flattered and you will make her day. At least that's how I feel when someone asks me out!
  • bennysammysofie
    Options
    Please dont slip and say this : "I generally prefer to get to know someone better before they see me covered in sweat, but I'd love to get to know you in a more appropriate setting. How about we go shower together sometime?"
  • Jennaissance
    Options
    Do it, 100%. At the very least she will probably be flattered and you will make her day. At least that's how I feel when someone asks me out!

Yes, true. Either way you will make her day.
  • shannajojo
    shannajojo Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I agree, what is there to lose?
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    oooh! You can always start talking and ask if she wants to join you in the gym. Yeah, you're the man, so make the first move for sure....Next time you catch her looking, SMILE! It works every time..... It did for me and a year later, I got married.....