Foods You Have NEVER Eaten?

Options

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Caviar, frogs, snails, haggis, black pudding, any kind of invertebrate (including shrimp, crab, lobster). Most offal has tasted awful (Hhehe) so I don't bother trying it now.
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I’ve eaten foods that are not even legally classed as food (American processed cheese being one of these things) but 90% of what people from the USA all seem to love, I’ve never eaten. Grits and the like
    Oh and insects in almost all cases taste of what they are cooked in, so fry locusts in peanut oil and they taste of peanut protein, fry in butter and they taste of butter.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Broccoli ... Sorry, but just the look of it. Same for sprouts.

Avocado ... I keep tasting it because it's a 'superfood' but I just spit it out, nasty texture.
  • _LilPowerHouse
    _LilPowerHouse Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    any and all animal organs, yukk..
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Caviar, frogs, snails, haggis, black pudding, any kind of invertebrate (including shrimp, crab, lobster). Most offal has tasted awful (Hhehe) so I don't bother trying it now.
    Black pudding is gorgeous as is white pudding
    Didnt eat it for years as my mother did her best to put me off it but tried it few years ago and eaten it regularly ever since... Tastes divine with scallops and you really dont know what your missing not eating shrimp and crab and lobster... I would live on the stuff given half a chance
  • Tank_Girl
    Options
    A question to people who say they have never eaten tongue... Have you ever eaten corned beef?
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    A question to people who say they have never eaten tongue... Have you ever eaten corned beef?

I have eaten tongue (beef, deer) and I love corned beef brisket... why? what is the connection?
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Durian. The smell of it is too repulsive for me to even try eating it.

Not eating them is understandable.
    I have been in Hotels with "no Durian allowed" signs. In five languages.
    I have no idea how someone found out you could eat them.

What is it?
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I'm sure there are exotic dishes I've never had...two things I want to try but just haven't yet

1.) Raw Oysters
    2.) Pufferfish...what can I say, I'm a daredevil.
  • Tank_Girl
    Options

I have eaten tongue (beef, deer) and I love corned beef brisket... why? what is the connection?
    cured tongue tastes very similar despite being different cuts of meat, for those who are afraid to try it... My husband for example wont eat tongue but ive tricked him into eating it and he enjoyed it until he knew what it was lmao, never thought to eat deer tongue as I usually just throw the head to the dogs
  • chelovik
    chelovik Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Portobello mushroom, sweet breads
  • Tank_Girl
    Options
    I'm sure there are exotic dishes I've never had...two things I want to try but just haven't yet

1.) Raw Oysters
    2.) Pufferfish...what can I say, I'm a daredevil.
    I love raw oysters although they are a little strange at first, they go down well with a little lime or lemon juice and a glass of champagne,
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Never had shrimp maybe one of theses days. Mushrooms make me skeevy. Never had lettuce it just doesn't do anything for me.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I have eaten everything everyone has mentioned except durian. Wow, I didn't know I was so open and worldly with my food. Lol. I'm also surprised at things some of you haven't eaten. Kind of mind blowing to me.
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'll try anything ONCE, have tried lots of items mentioned here, I love trying new foods.

I swallowed a live goldfish once in college...not one of my finer moments. :embarassed:
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I've eaten just about everything I care to. The only thing left I would like to try is white truffles. Not the sweet stuff, the fungus stuff. Since the going price is $5900.00 per pound, I doubt I will ever get to eat them.
  • rcillo219
    rcillo219 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Mine is something most healthy people on here rave about. Quinoa. No specific reason just haven't eaten it.
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Durian. The smell of it is too repulsive for me to even try eating it.

Not eating them is understandable.
    I have been in Hotels with "no Durian allowed" signs. In five languages.
    I have no idea how someone found out you could eat them.

What is it?

It's a fruit, mostly found in Southeast Asia.
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    Options
    No organ meat (brain, heart, tongue)... and I'm drawing a blank on anything else.