10 reasons to not eat wheat?

Options
2»

Replies

• NorCalRey
    NorCalRey Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I eat a large amount of wheat products and have for my entire life. I feel great, all my lab tests are in the healthly range and I'm like 5 lbs. from my ideal goal weight. Obviously, wheat hasn't had any negative effect on me so I could care less if someone invented 1,000 reasons not to eat wheat. There is not a single one that I believe would affect me. If wheat doesn't agree with you, for whatever reason, don't consume it, it's that simple. However, if I think of all the crap that people eat, my opinion is that wheat is nowhere near the top of the list of stuff to worry about for most normal folks.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    All the cool kids are gluten intolerant.
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I think it is interesting. really wish there had been some wheat alternatives listed though. so if you want pasta or a sandwich you know what to replace those with.

i know for me, pasta was a huge reason i ate wheat.

substitute spaghetti noodles for spaghetti squash. it's honestly not that different and you feel SO much better after it than you ever will sucking down all of that pasta.

zucchini makes a good substitute for noodles in lasagna.

almond flour is what i use in place of flour to bake my paleo muffins and etc. (( bear in mind, i'm not a strict paleo, and probably won't ever be. but i do find i feel a lot better when i follow those guidelines of no dairy no grains ))
  • DJ2120
    DJ2120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for sharing their opinions on this. Very interesting!
  • fabfindz05
    fabfindz05 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I eat a large amount of wheat products and have for my entire life. I feel great, all my lab tests are in the healthly range and I'm like 5 lbs. from my ideal goal weight. Obviously, wheat hasn't had any negative effect on me so I could care less if someone invented 1,000 reasons not to eat wheat. There is not a single one that I believe would affect me. If wheat doesn't agree with you, for whatever reason, don't consume it, it's that simple. However, if I think of all the crap that people eat, my opinion is that wheat is nowhere near the top of the list of stuff to worry about for most normal folks.

^^^
    I haven't found any reasons to eliminate it....