How Do you get rid of cellulite

Options
I run and I stopped drinking soda any other suggestions?

Replies

• ptjolsen
    ptjolsen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Lower your bodyfat %...and to do that you need to lift weights and eat properly.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Lower your bodyfat %...and to do that you need to lift weights and eat properly.

^^^Yep
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Don't hate me, but you can't unless you get down to competitive bodybuilder levels of bodyfat. The more fat you lose, the less you'll see cellulite, but most of us are never going to lose all of it.
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Everyone says eat healthy but all i eat is salads for lunch eggs, for breakfast and lean cuisine for diner because i just dont really know what to eat so i know that those are my safe choices :/ Breakfast I got done but lunch and dinner its like what do i do
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I don't really look close enough to see if I have cellulite! Ignorance is bliss - so long as I'm being healthy in my eating and exercising, and feeling good as a result, then I'm happy. :-)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Exercise. Eating right doesn't do it by itself, you end up just skinnier with the same amount of dimply cellulite. Exercising makes it less visible.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Everyone says eat healthy but all i eat is salads for lunch eggs, for breakfast and lean cuisine for diner because i just dont really know what to eat so i know that those are my safe choices :/ Breakfast I got done but lunch and dinner its like what do i do

Scrap the Lean Cuisines and make something similar from scratch. Most of them are a tiny serving of rice or pasta, a tiny serving of some kind of meat, and a tiny serving of vegetables with some kind of sauce with a ridiculous amount of sodium in it.

For the same amount of calories, you can cook for yourself, and have a good amount of protein and vegetables. Buy a pack of boneless, skinless chicken breasts or some fish or shrimp, a couple bags of mixed frozen vegetables and a few bottles of your favorite marinades, and you're set. Cook it all up stir fry style.

Aim for WAY more protein than MFP suggests, too.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options

Scrap the Lean Cuisines and make something similar from scratch. Most of them are a tiny serving of rice or pasta, a tiny serving of some kind of meat, and a tiny serving of vegetables with some kind of sauce with a ridiculous amount of sodium in it.

For the same amount of calories, you can cook for yourself, and have a good amount of protein and vegetables. Buy a pack of boneless, skinless chicken breasts or some fish or shrimp, a couple bags of mixed frozen vegetables and a few bottles of your favorite marinades, and you're set. Cook it all up stir fry style.

Aim for WAY more protein than MFP suggests, too.

I agree. I would not call lean cuisine a "safe" choice. It's a frozen entree with added sodium and other crap in it, even if they're trying to call it healthy. Cook homemade meals, and make lean meats and veggies! very simple!
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Eat more.
    Lift more.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Options

Come visit my facebook page. I will show you how to eat healthy and not diet. :)

https://www.facebook.com/TheSassyGourmet
  • kellybean14
    kellybean14 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Run! It took 3 miles a day for four months, but it worked for me. :) (Lowering body fat % is probably the real key here.)
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Lower your body fat
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    Don't hate me, but you can't unless you get down to competitive bodybuilder levels of bodyfat. The more fat you lose, the less you'll see cellulite, but most of us are never going to lose all of it.

mine might not be all that low, but low enough to compete for bikini - about 15% and even I still have some cellulite.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Running alone didn't do it for me. What worked was a small calorie deficit (aiming to lose a half pound a week), eating my exercise calories, aiming for 100g of protein a day or more, and heavy strength training. I still ran, but the difference between how my bum looked after I started lifting and eating more protein was AMAZING. I'm also 40, so it took more work to get my backside lump-free than it might have if I was younger.

rear-view-1.jpg

I still have cellulite, but I pretty much only see it when I have horrible lighting, like the dressing rooms at Kohls.
  • Flafster
    Flafster Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Paula Radcliffe has cellulite.

I'm focussing on fighting battles I can win
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options

I still have cellulite, but I pretty much only see it when I have horrible lighting, like the dressing rooms at Kohls.

Those dressing rooms be damned!
  • soldiergrl_101
    Options
    Wow i had a quick glance it all looked so tasty, when i get home from work I will have to check out your page more :)

Come visit my facebook page. I will show you how to eat healthy and not diet. :)

• soldiergrl_101
    Options
    I hate the dressing room lol

Those dressing rooms be damned!
  • sundaysurf
    sundaysurf Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Lower your body fat and build more muscle.

Squats, lunges and Plies and more squats!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Options
    Wow i had a quick glance it all looked so tasty, when i get home from work I will have to check out your page more :)

Thanks! I have been on a healthy journey for the last 5 years. So far I have lost 40 lbs and 15% body fat. I thought I would never get rid of that cellulite on my *kitten* but low and behold, with exercise and a healthy diet, it is gone. I thought I was for ever condemned to having cottage cheese hips.

You can do this, and while you are at it, your body will thank you for it. :flowerforyou: