Any 5'2 ladies ?? I need motivation !!

Options

Replies

• lovecrystaljoy
    lovecrystaljoy Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Nice work what all did you do? and eat? BTW how long did it take you
    I'm close to 5'3 and I started my journey in the 180's, I'm now around 135 and really enjoy this weight. I have the goal to get down to about 130 and stabilize around there! It has been a challenging road, but so well worth it! You can do it, just when you think your body won't go lower because you are not seeing movement for a little bit, it will, just keep pushing yourself! I would post pics, but I dont have a recent one yet and honestly haven't really figured out how to do it!

You will do great! Good luck!
  • aklosing
    aklosing Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite 5'1". I've always struggled with my weight, and this spring I gained 20 lbs with the stress of applying for pharmacy school. Joined MFP in the beginning of September and am down ten lbs! Feel free to add me! I need motivation, too.

SW: 176
    CW: 166
    GW: 140
  • allergic2fat
    Options
    FYI

Check out VERTICAL CHALLENGERS in the forums under support/motivation thread.
    It is a group for all of us shorties!
  • DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    5'2" highest weight was 246 current weight 182 goal weight 122....60 pounds left
  • bluemoonrise
    bluemoonrise Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MissBernie73
    MissBernie73 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 :) Feel free to add me.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 3/4 but I say 5'3
  • remisenforme
    remisenforme Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2... started at 246 lbs.. eek! Always happy to add new friends :)
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Bump - Love that there is a post for 5'2 :) Feel free to add me too!
  • thisisiamj
    thisisiamj Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    5'3 and similar to your stats. Started at 186 and started on mfp last month. Feel free to add :)
  • bonniebug50
    bonniebug50 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My name's Bonnie, I'm 5'1" and weigh around 148. I've always been around 110 even after 5 babies. After baby 6 and 7, I gained
    around 40 lbs each, and just couldn't get it back off. Been struggling for a long time now. (My baby is now 17) I would be so happy to get to 120 and build some muscle. Love My Fitness Pal, and I just need to stay committed, and just keep movin on!
  • deewaani
    deewaani Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Love finding thread for 5'2 ladies!

I'm getting back on the weight loss bandwagon 2.5 years after having my son. I'm currently about 138 lbs and looking to lose 10 lbs by Halloween.
  • claurie34
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2" and struggled with my weight for years. Pre pregnancy (2002) I was 144lbs, I gained 70 whopping pounds whilst pregnant, ripped muscles and saggy belly down to my thighs. It was awful.

Over the next 6 years I managed to get down to 184lbs then I started on Cambridge Weight Plan. I got down to 128lbs and yo-yo'd between 128 and 133 for around 3 years.

In Dec 2012 I had a tummy tuck to sort out those ripped muscles and saggy belly. I managed to gain a stone afterwards. I put myself back on CWP a few weeks ago and expect to be back at my goal weight of 128lbs tomorrow morning :D

I've decided to push it a little further and go to 125lbs, just so I can see 8 stone anything on the scales :D I'm currently doing step 3 on CWP which is 2 nutritionally complete products plus conventional food to 1000cals. I'll move this up next week to 1200 cals and then 1500 cals the following week.

Feeling fantastic and currently wearing size 8 trousers and 10 top (at a push I'm quite busty)!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and at my heaviest I was 152 lbs; wearing a size 12 and about to move into a size 14. I was getting close to my 38th birthday and thought "I have 2 years before I turn 40...if I don't get it off now, I may not ever"

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc53/VmgS69/Before-Vanessa.jpg

I lost 35 lbs and 5 pant sizes (118 lbs and size 2) in 6 months:

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc53/VmgS69/Vanessaon7MileBeach-1.jpg

What did I do? I followed a low glycemic "diet"; I really do not like the term "diet" b/c that implies something that is short term and if you want to lose weight and keep it off...it has to be a life style change. I made a life style change. I've kept it off for over 4 years. Did I exercise every day like crazy? No...I did 30 minutes of cardio 3-4x per week and weight training 3x per week. Sometimes, I took a day of rest and sometimes my cardio was only a long walk with my husband.

Yes, I had a little set back last year with a lot of change in my life. We became empty nesters when our son left home and joined the USMC (we're very proud of him), we sold our house, I quit my job, we moved to another state, I got a new job, we bought land and started building a house, our 6 month lease expired and they wouldn't extend and our house wasn't finished on time (big surprise), so we were living out of a hotel for a few months, our beloved doll face persian (age 20) passed away,...I got a new job, I was working from the hotel (so I really never left the room except on weekends)....I gained 12 lbs.

I am on here to lose that 12 lbs. I'm 1/2 way there already but still have 6 more pounds to go. I am very motivated and I like to motivate others. I did it and I know you can too!

****Feel Free to add me for motivation!! :)
  • sette009
    sette009 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" also and I have been struggling with my weight for a long time. I started in July at 210lbs. My goal weight is 135-140lbs. I have lost 15 pounds so far and still have alot to go but I'm making progress. I'm determined to make this happen this time and I don't see anything stopping me.
  • kel_staffa
    kel_staffa Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2. I had my third baby in Oct 2011. In January I was 146 and joined MFP but didn't use it. 4 weeks ago I started faithfully using MFP at 143. Today was my weigh in day and I am 133. Ten more pounds would be great!!!!!
  • Colleen285
    Colleen285 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1.5" and have had problems with my weight at times. I was my heaviest (220 lbs. & a size 24) at the end of my senior year of high school. I managed to get down to 180 lbs. somehow, but was this weight all throughout college. Then a couple years ago I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and had had it. Over the course of 1-1/2 to 2 years (?), I managed to get down to 121 lbs. (my lowest weight so far) & a size four. I actually managed to stay in the 120's for 2-3 years now, but recently my weight buoyed up to the high 130's. Probably due to the fact that I had to stop using weights since it was exacerbating my neck pain. (I've had whiplash from two car accidents in the past, hence the persistent neck pain. As a result, I can only use free weights.) So now I am trying to lose that weight again, plus a little more.

Note: My before and after (well, current) photos are in my profile. I don't have a picture at my heaviest weight, but there is a picture in there of me at about 160 lbs. in 10th grade. The most current one is the main photo of me with red hair, and the other two were taken last year and year before that.

Good luck in your efforts. I now how hard it is to lose weight. I have tried a lot of weight loss supplements (Acai, and others). These actually did help some. But I have found that having a regular workout schedule and moderating your food intake really helps. I currently do cardio 3x/week & weights 2x/week. But it may vary for you. Don't forget that it takes a lot of persistence to lose that kind of weight. But hopefully you will get there. And so will I.

P.S.: Don't forget to drink a lot of water all day long. (That's helped me a lot!)
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    5'2" here...25lbs or so lost, feel free to add me for support or motivation. Good luck in your journey. Great job so far!! Well done. xx
  • saenz321
    Options
    hi i stated yesterday need help:noway:
  • aubreykkkk
    aubreykkkk Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1! I started at 110 pounds and I decided to lose weight because I was bullied (I'm 18 and I'm in high school). I'm currently around 100 pounds and I have a couple more to lose! Feel free to add me so that we can support each other :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!