Top-heavy friends: How do I slow my girls from when I run?

Options
I have just begun to add running to my daily walk. I've been working toward this goal since I changed my lifestyle back in March. I'm training for a Zombie 5K run in December. However, I really have no slow button. Everyday I plan to jo g, but once I get going I guess I just want to run!! (I think it could have something to do with my competitive nature) I'm a little on the busty side, which I usually think is a good thing, but when I run, it's not such a good thing. I feel like the Baywatch commercial!! I'm not really worried about my girls busting out, but I don't want to draw unnecessary attention to myself, since I'm not firmly into a healthy weight yet! A little advice? :embarassed:

Replies

• diva7531
    diva7531 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I wear a bra and a tight sports bra/tank over it.
  • amh50530
    amh50530 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with sbilyeu75. Champion sports bras with full support are really good. I get mine at Target. The cups seem to offer a lot more support than just the standard ones. I've heard of those zombie runs. They sound like so much fun! Feel free to add me if you like. It would be nice to hear how your zombie marathon goes :)
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    duct tape....
  • nis75p06
    Options
    I don't do much running yet (just started my exercise program), but I've always been huge-boobed - I was a D cup even when I was a 120lb twenty-something... When I was riding competitively, I learned about Enell sports bra. Kept me firmly compressed in place no matter how rough my horse got, and made sure the judge noticed me for my horse's performance not for my bouncing boobs.

Not a pretty bra.. I call them uni-boob bras... But you will NOT bounce wearing one!
  • TrackMum
    TrackMum Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Having done a lot of running in the past, some of my running buddies would wear two sports bras instead of just one. They would layer them, like wearing two tanks, to make it fashionable.
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    Options
    I use a high impact no bounce (danskin from walmart) in a size that's one size small...I have to squeeze in there but the girls stay put.

I'll add that I look semi flat in my pic because that's what I'm wearing.
  • ellenxmariex3
    ellenxmariex3 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm a little on the busty side too. Normally I'd say wear a sports bra and tight tank. However, I just moved to Florida last year. So I just run in a sports bra - it's too hot for another layer!

My suggestion is to invest in a very good sports bra. My favorite is from Champions. It was about $35 which for me is a lot of money but it's been worth every penny. They still move a little bit but they don't hurt which is great.

Forgot to mention - my sports bra is also a size too small which compresses them more. I have a friend with a larger chest than mine and she wears two sports bras.
  • hpoddan
    hpoddan Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Before I lost much of my weight (which basically solved this problem) I would wear 2 sports bras that were designed for high impact and an exercise tank with a light built in bra. It was way more comfortable because if you don't tame them it hurts!
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    a freakin good bra will do it! i have a great one from lululemon. my super top heavy friends sometimes wear two bras and a sports top. i lost a couple cup sizes off my big girls, and now just wear a built in bra sports tank. good luck!
  • ashleyjoy80
    Options
    I wear two sports bras. I like the champion ones too. I got 4 of them from Costco a while back and they're awesome!
  • tmtolbert
    tmtolbert Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    invest in a moving comfort sports bra. when you are busty like me, you can't buy a sports bra that is sized small/medium/large. you need to get one that is sized like a regular bra and that clasp more like a regular bra. i was never able to run before i invested in a good high impact bra. i am a dd and i can now actually run and the girls don't even move!
  • MimRob
    Options
    There is a brand of bra called "Shock Absorber". I am seriously top heavy and this is the best thing ever invented! It is no wire (which I normally loathe) but it is like a cross between a bra/crop top/compression top. I have never enjoyed running more. It is on the pricey side $85-90 but a very, very worthwhile investment!
  • Tracey0013
    Tracey0013 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Go to a real bra store get fitted properly and get one that they have with good support. This made a world of difference to my workouts. I am a 34GG in my sports bra.
  • Gordie580
    Gordie580 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Duck tape?
  • trulycrazed
    trulycrazed Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I use to wear 3 cheap sports bras (a little warm but did the trick), but now I have my first Enell. I'll never go back :-D
  • nobo
    nobo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    A good sports bra is key. After trying a few different models, I've settled on the Trade-up, "shock absorber" bra, that I got from Title 9. It was about $80, but worth every penny. http://www.titlenine.com/product/313716.do?sli=32_C_Black_n0&kwd=Shock+Absorber
  • ForeverIrish
    ForeverIrish Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am not busty. In fact, it mine were smaller, I'd be concave. I have, however, heard, that Moving Comfort makes a great sports bra for ladies with this issue. I wear the MC bras for smaller boobs, and I really like it--high quality, not cheap.
  • Angela_2_Oh
    Angela_2_Oh Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats on running! Awesome that you've come this far. I'll put in another vote for Champion sports bras. Try a few on before you buy....I'm picky about how the shoulder straps fit, also.