What's your scariest movie?

Options
cheshirequeen
cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
I was 8 years old when I watched poltergeist. It still scares the crap out of me 27 years. It was dark, raining, and I had a huge tree that tapped against the window the night I first saw it. My brother had that exact same clown, which ended up in the closet for 15 years, and then ended up in the trash. Everytime I catch it on tv its always raining horribly, really dark, and very quiet. What movie still creeps you out?

Replies

• jessicalynn75
    jessicalynn75 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Nightmare on Elm Street. Still can't even watch a minute of it. Had horrible cousins who would frighten me with the "song" from it.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! I think I had the same clown too! Did your parents pick it up in New Orleans? Mine brought the darn thing back from a vacation; of course, this happened right after we saw that movie so we were basically terrified of the silly dolls. We'd try to put them in closets and my mom would put them back neatly against the corner of a wall. It was freaky! We didn't know she was doing this so we were convinced someone was messing with us (unless it was the clown - ha ha ha).

Hmm. I know Arachnophobia and Alien always left me nervous. Jaws definitely scared me witless (enough to make myself nervous anytime someone went duh duh duh duh da da daaaaaaa da da daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Pet Sematary

I was the first horror movie I watched. I was in 8th grade. My BFF and I watched it in her basement. I still can't watch it to this day.
  • sarah3333
    sarah3333 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Vacancy. YIKES!
  • cheshirequeen
    Options
    Nightmare on Elm Street. Still can't even watch a minute of it. Had horrible cousins who would frighten me with the "song" from it.

i now can hear that song in my head. haha. that scared me too.
  • TangledUp_InBlue
    TangledUp_InBlue Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Crowhaven Farm (1970)

No one on here but me has seen it I'm sure; but I had nightmares for like a week. I'm sure it's lame by todays standards, but man did it scare me!
  • dub101
    dub101 Posts: 325
    Options
    Does Gigli with Jennifer Lopez count as scary lol I mean it made me run out of the theater never want to see movies again.

if not Night Mare on Elm street orignal and the first one
  • springseternal
    springseternal Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I tend to be more scared by psychological thrillers than horror movies, so Silence of the Lambs for me.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I have yet to see a really scary movie..what am I missing? I am the one who sits in the house waiting for some intense moment in the movie to scare the crap out of the rest of the family..and I'm not above waiting till they are asleep and going outside and scratching on their windows.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    When I was little I watched an old scary movie called EVIL DEAD. Pretty demonic sh|t that scared the crap out of me hahaa
  • Lyssa62
    Options
    I did read the "old" Amytiville Horror book when I was a teenager that bugged the crap out of me..then when the movie came along and I saw it ..was a little creeped out..but when I try to watch it now I crack the hell up
  • Lyssa62
    Options
    I tend to be more scared by psychological thrillers than horror movies, so Silence of the Lambs for me.

yeah see that would be more me...but I wouldn't even call it scared..it just means then i tend to sit around and think about it..and maybe analyze it.
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Jeepers Creepers, The Exorcist, Jaws, The Grudge, Rosemary's Baby, Halloween...I love scary movies!!!!:devil:
  • drlabrant
    Options
    Scooby Doo
  • Flyjsh
    Options
    The video of my wedding.

(Luckily, the ex took it in the divorce.)
  • cheshirequeen
    Options
    halloween gets me too. of course friday the 13th
  • cheshirequeen
    Options
    The video of my wedding.

(Luckily, the ex took it in the divorce.)

haha
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I saw "Seven" with Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman when I was a teenager. I recall coming home that night and peering into every dark corner, petrified that someone was waiting to grab me. Not only was I scared, but I felt shell-shocked and very depressed for several days after seeing that movie.
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    The original Puppet Master
  • dumplingsx
    Options
    My mind jumps to Jeepers Creepers! It was probably the first scary movie I ever saw. :D