Hard Boiled Eggs !@#$%^&

Options

Replies

• konekkobaba
    Options
    Organic shells seem to disintegrate easier for that ARRGH frustration of boiling, conventional have a much firmer(easier) shell..I put eggs in the pan, cover over with water, when the water gets bubbly, simmer for 12 ish minutes, cool under running water.The yolk seems to darken to thyey greyish colour if they are cooked too long. Enjoy!
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Make a small hole in the shell on top and a small hole in the shell at the bottom, then blow into one of the two holes.
    You will introduce air that will separate the shell from the egg.
  • prismperfect
    prismperfect Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I use Eggies, they boil the egg without the shell, they're awesome!
    https://www.geteggiestv.com/

I boil 6 eggs every week, they come out just like the ones but without the shell or peeling, I even do liquid egg whites in them sometimes, saves so much time!
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I peel mine under cool water in the pan after, never any trouble.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Do you let them soak in the colder water after they boil? I boil them and then let the water in the pot cool for a while, I dump that water. I add new cold water to the pot and let them sit in the cold for a while.
    I have also noticed that the older the eggs the easier they are to peel. Fresh laid eggs tend to stick more. I usually buy my eggs in the store and let them sit in the fridge for a few days before I hard boil them.

this one!!
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs:

first put eggs in pan, add cold water, salt heavily, bring to a boil , once at boil keep at a rolling boil for 10 mins,
    immediately put under cold water, let sit in cold water a few mins, to crack egg, smack the rounder bottom of the egg
    firmly on plate or counter, this will break the water membrane inside the bottom of the egg sack, it will loosen the under laying "skin"
    thus making the egg super easy to remove the shell. Store without shell in a sealed container for about 5 days. If you want to reheat the shelled egg, put in a bowl covering egg with water and heat in microwave for 1 min.
  • hayleyshmayley
    Options
    put salt in the pan when youre boiling them and it wont stick. i then run mine under cold water and roll them on the worktop to break the shell rather than peeling straight away
  • sallydurkin
    sallydurkin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I've heard adding vinegar to the water before boiling them. Just a small amount.
  • sallydurkin
    sallydurkin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Also I have recently heard baking them in the oven is awsome! and they are supose to peel easy! google that one for times and directions (great for making lots at a time).
  • jkimmett
    jkimmett Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    A tsp of baking soda in with the water and eggs changes the PH levels and makes the eggs easy to peel.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I bought an electric egg cooker. Pierce the shells put them in the cooker andd water and turn on . When the timer goes off they are done . Run under water and peel.
  • scottg1024
    Options
    I saw Graham Kerr (the Galloping Gourmet) do this:

Boil as usual, but take directly from the stove to the sink, spin the pan back and forth allowing the eggs to crack against each other and the sides of the pan) and immediatly add cold water and some ice cubes. The sudden temperature change, along with the shells already being cracked, will allow the shells to basically wipe right off.

I've had pretty good success following this method.
  • tnmyers23
    tnmyers23 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs:

first put eggs in pan, add cold water, salt heavily, bring to a boil , once at boil keep at a rolling boil for 10 mins,
    immediately put under cold water, let sit in cold water a few mins, to crack egg, smack the rounder bottom of the egg
    firmly on plate or counter, this will break the water membrane inside the bottom of the egg sack, it will loosen the under laying "skin"
    thus making the egg super easy to remove the shell. Store without shell in a sealed container for about 5 days. If you want to reheat the shelled egg, put in a bowl covering egg with water and heat in microwave for 1 min.

This one is what I do and if I have to shell a old egg I run it under warm water first it has made a world of difference.
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Of you're going to chop them or eat them right away, just crack them in half and remove the egg with a teaspoon. Otherwise, all of the above!
  • missshasha
    missshasha Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When you boil them, put salt in the water. The shells usually peel off very easily.
  • iriska26
    iriska26 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    An easy way to cook eggs is to steam them, works well for either hard or soft, and no peeling. Break an egg into a lightly oiled or buttered ramekin, cover with foil, place the ramekins into a steamer for 7-10 mins. Season and eat, no mess.
  • betrue76
    Options
    I read some where that you can actually bake eggs in the oven and peeling is simple.
  • Echo_Dan
    Echo_Dan Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I roll mine across the counter a couple of times to break the shell up and then peel them. I find its much easier to peel them that way.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Everyone seems to have the same answer. Thanks guys! I will try older eggs and I'll try letting them sit in the cold water longer :)

I have chickens and I purposely set aside a dozen to use for HB and use the freshest ones for scrambling, frying etc. 7-10 days old at least. Also the ice water bath right after they are done is supposed to help too, but I never need to do that if I use older eggs.