able bodied individuals using the...

Options
taylor5877
taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
handicrapper...do you have an opinion on this?

If it's a two staller, I usually use it. Does this make me a bad person?

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I always take it. I always feel like a jerk though when I come out and someone in a wheelchair is giving me the stink eye.
  • niftyfifty47
    niftyfifty47 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Consider that it could be someone with a serious bowel complaint that might really NEED to go in here. Handicapped does not always mean a wheelchair is needed.
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I won't use it if there's another stall available. But if it's the only one, I'll take it. Someone with a disability is just as capable as anyone else of waiting 2 minutes for me to finish.
  • Ruthe8
    Options
    Consider that it could be someone with a serious bowel complaint that might really NEED to go in here. Handicapped does not always mean a wheelchair is needed.
    If the person's disability is "a serious bowel complaint", they don't need an extra-big stall.
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    As Larry the cable guy says " The handicap stall is the Cadillac of the poopin stools. You have plenty of leg room and you have those bars to grab onto to give you extra leverage for the really tough ones."

do I use it? shoot I prefer it. I must also say there is nobody in my office in "need" of that stall.
  • niftyfifty47
    Options
    Somebody with a serious bowel complaint wouldn't need a bigger stall BUT they might not be able to wait for another one to become available.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<< giggling at the word "handicrapper." Never heard that before!
  • Ruthe8
    Options
    Somebody with a serious bowel complaint wouldn't need a bigger stall BUT they might not be able to wait for another one to become available.
    So we should always leave one stall free just in case someone has an emergency? That's dumb. The handicapped stall is for people who need extra ROOM due to a wheelchair, crutches, etc. Not for people who can't hold it.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I never use that one, I would feel like a jerk if I came out and someone that actually needed it was outside waiting.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I always take it if it's available, especially if I have my kid with me. Lot's of space, I take about 20 seconds to pee, no harm done.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    If I've had a little too much fiber, combined with something spicy or hot, then I like the option to use the hand rails provided in the handicapped stall.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I do only because 85% of the time when I have to use a public restroom, it's with my son. He's 4 so unless dad is with us he goes in the women's with me!
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    If I've had a little too much fiber, combined with something spicy or hot, then I like the option to use the hand rails provided in the handicapped stall.

LOL!
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    How do you know they are able bodied? I use the handicap because I had surgery and have screws in my back. I need the rail sometimes to stand. You wouldn't know that if you didn't know me and just saw me walking around a store. Although, even when I had just had surgery and had this huge back brace on, people would still bump into me or comment that I was walking too slow. Either way, I have never come out of a public restroom and had someone waiting to use the handicap stall.
  • niftyfifty47
    Options
    "So we should always leave one stall free just in case someone has an emergency? That's dumb. The handicapped stall is for people who need extra ROOM due to a wheelchair, crutches, etc. Not for people who can't hold it."

I just hope you are never in a position to need one because of a weak bowel....you're conscience would be obliged to make you have an "accident" in your pants.
  • martymays
    martymays Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    If I've got one prairie doggin', I'm gonna use anything available. If the handicapped stall is all that's available, then I'll use it before I crap myself.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    If it's the only one available, I'm taking it immediately.

I'll go to the smaller ones first, as long as they are big enough inside for me.

If the stall is too small, I'll take the bigger one.

I've never used a public ****ter until a couple years ago, when I got IBS.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    There are many restrooms I've been to, like the older smaller ones with only two stalls. The large one and the small one. The door doesn't have it posted, PLEASE SAVE FOR PERSONAL CRAPPAGE. If I have to go, I will go in either one. If there is a wheelchair or handicapped person arriving, I'd save it for them but I am not expected to know the future.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Only when I have my kids with me. Three of us just don't fit in the normal stalls and they aren't old enough to go without supervision.
  • AmandaTWaH
    AmandaTWaH Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    When I was at the local fair the year before last the only portapotty available was a handicapped one so I used it. I came out and there was a woman in a wheelchair waiting for it. I was so embarrassed I've never used a handicapped stall since... though I'm tempted since some of the smaller stalls don't give me any room at my size.