Goal Reward?

Options
so when I started on this journey I was the heaviest I've ever been without being pregnant.. I'm not done yet.. my goal is to be about 120-125 pounds.. but when I started I had said I would reward myself with 5 chocolate chip cookies when I got to 140.. I'm at 142 so I have 2 pounds to go.. what are ways you all have rewarded yourselves when you hit a goal? gimme some more ideas! :D thanks!

Replies

• KristiBell1
    KristiBell1 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I buy a piece of clothing that I love and cannot wait to wear that is a size or two too small. When I lose enough weight I get to wear my new clothes and feel great!
  • robinajay
    Options
    I dont have an ideal weight or size, im just waiting til I shred my muffin top then Im gonna reward myself with getting my belly repierced! Cant wait til the day !
  • sarah1334
    sarah1334 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    my first tattoo! when i hit my final goal weight :)
  • victoriaannewilliams
    Options
    Every 10lbs I lose I get a manicure or pedicure, Every 30lbs a 2 hr massage, and I should be getting into "ONEderland" soon, so my co-worker and I are going to the movies to watch Pitch Perfect :) I try not to reward myself with food, because I can't stop after I have just one chocolate chip cookie.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I got a tattoo when I got to 155lbs. Now I'm 131lbs, but I haven't been giving myself rewards as such. When I hit target, it's just going to be a new wardrobe. =)
  • jennyann117
    jennyann117 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I treated myself to a manicure and a new purse when I lost 10 lbs :)
  • wendyjane75
    wendyjane75 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I used to use food as a reward, but it kept undoing all my hard work for a loss. Now I reward myself by treating myself to other things like new clothes, mani/pedi, jewelry etc. It's still motivating, but doesn't add those uneccessary extra calories!
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Anything but food! My idea of reward to myself would be a spa treatment that I've never had done like a deep clean facial or special skin purication treatment. :wink:
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    For every pound I lose I put money in a tin with a bonus amount for half stone and stone marks and when I'm at my goal I'll buy new clothes.

I can't reward myself with food, part of this learning curve for me is not seeing food as a reward or something to make me feel better.
  • lafochs
    Options
    My reward was to purchase a new pair of running shoes once I lost 25 pounds. I actually ordered them after about 20 pounds, but couldn't wear them until I reached my goal. It was extra motivation to see them hiding in my closet everyday and not be able to wear them. Once I reach my final goal I am going to get a massage!
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    When I lose another 5lbs (10 total), i will be buying my first item from Victoria's Secret (we just got a store in my city)
    After that, it's going to be either clothing, or other non-food items.
  • JSlattery79
    JSlattery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Every 10lbs I lose I get a manicure or pedicure, Every 30lbs a 2 hr massage, and I should be getting into "ONEderland" soon, so my co-worker and I are going to the movies to watch Pitch Perfect :) I try not to reward myself with food, because I can't stop after I have just one chocolate chip cookie.

^^^^^ that is a great idea!!!!!!!
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    my first tattoo! when i hit my final goal weight :)

I like this!

For 10 pounds I went for a pedicure, at 20 I bought a pair of jeans that was 4 sizes smaller than I started with (they fit!), at 30 I'm doing before and during photos, and I may just take your lead and get my first tattoo when I'm down 50 :)
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm having some plastic surgery done. Boobs, chin & nose. These are things I've wanted for years. It really has very little to do with reaching my goal... more to do with just a long standing desire to nip & tuck a few things. But I made sure to wait until I hit my weight goal before the breast implants, just so I'd have a clean canvas to work with, so to speak.
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    A boudoir photo shoot for my man! ;)
  • Yana150
    Yana150 Posts: 226
    Options
    My 25% goal gifts are new trainers and an MP3 player (since people will steal your phone if they see you walking with it...ask me how I know...:grumble: )

My 50% goal gift is a bike

My final goal gift is a solo trip. (I'm financing this with the money that I 'pay' myself when I workout. Each workout is worth $1 - it goes into the jar and when I reach my goal weight, I'll use that money to go towards the trip costs.)
  • Yana150
    Yana150 Posts: 226
    Options
    A boudoir photo shoot for my man! ;)

^^^Good one!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Anything but FOOD. LOL

clothes, workout stuff, pampering, vacation.

Never reward yourself with food, you are not a dog!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Clothes and a vacation - somewhere sunny!
  • When i reach my goal, the family and i are going on a trip to the Bahamas. I've always wanted to go to Atlantis in Paradise Island in the Bahamas.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!